EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-engine-drivetrain-94/)
-   -   Engine stall issue (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-engine-drivetrain/742102-engine-stall-issue.html)

Delta Lance Jul 25, 2017 03:12 AM

Engine stall issue

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me with this issue I've been having with my 06 Ralliart. A little historyon it, when I got the car the owner had a turbo for me but was not on the car cause the intercooler has a hole blown in it. But the car ran fine without the turbo for about 6 months, then the throttle position sensor went, replaced that and ever since then I have a this stall issue on and off as I've been in and out of the mechanic, they say it is fixed drives good for a week and comes back. The stall issue happens once the engine is up to operating temperature, it wants to choke and die, I have changed the valve cover gasket cause it was leaking, changed spark plugs, battery and when it stalls it doesn't turn the CEL light on.

A month ago it threw a code for my crankshaft position sensor circuit A? I had the sensor replaced but last week it threw the sensor again. Still dealing with the stall issue as well.

Any ideas to what's causing this stall?

Thanks

edi3ca May 3, 2018 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Delta Lance (Post 11759584)
Hey guys, hoping someone can help me with this issue I've been having with my 06 Ralliart. A little historyon it, when I got the car the owner had a turbo for me but was not on the car cause the intercooler has a hole blown in it. But the car ran fine without the turbo for about 6 months, then the throttle position sensor went, replaced that and ever since then I have a this stall issue on and off as I've been in and out of the mechanic, they say it is fixed drives good for a week and comes back. The stall issue happens once the engine is up to operating temperature, it wants to choke and die, I have changed the valve cover gasket cause it was leaking, changed spark plugs, battery and when it stalls it doesn't turn the CEL light on.

A month ago it threw a code for my crankshaft position sensor circuit A? I had the sensor replaced but last week it threw the sensor again. Still dealing with the stall issue as well.

Any ideas to what's causing this stall?

Thanks

Hello,
Did you solve your issue? I am have a very similar problem on my 2006 Ralliart. When I check the Throttle parameters the percent is -0.4%. Then when the engine normalize it is in 2.4%.

Thanks

Delta Lance May 7, 2018 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by edi3ca (Post 11819472)
Hello,
Did you solve your issue? I am have a very similar problem on my 2006 Ralliart. When I check the Throttle parameters the percent is -0.4%. Then when the engine normalize it is in 2.4%.

Thanks

I ended up cleaning the throttle body and doing and idle relearn procedure, and so far everything has been running smooth no fluctuations, hasn’t stalled on me at all, I haven’t checked my throttle parameters but will do that in the morning and I’ll let you know what mine are at.

edi3ca May 7, 2018 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Delta Lance (Post 11820144)

I ended up cleaning the throttle body and doing and idle relearn procedure, and so far everything has been running smooth no fluctuations, hasn’t stalled on me at all, I haven’t checked my throttle parameters but will do that in the morning and I’ll let you know what mine are at.

Can you tell me how to do the idle relearn procedure? Or there is any post that explain it?

Thank you!

Delta Lance May 7, 2018 01:13 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lls-start.html

That’s the link for the Evo X ETV (Electronic Throttle Valve) relearn is in there, that is what I used.

edi3ca May 10, 2018 05:49 PM

Thanks for the information! I will try it in my RA. 👍