Notices

Is "rust check" the best choice?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2004, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is "rust check" the best choice?

or is there a better treatment or company that fights rust? I know there are other choices, so I need to know which one is the best.

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 08:34 PM

Before my dad sold it to get a new truck, his 1988 Sierra 3500 with Rust Check never had had a spot of rust on it. Had it for 13 or 14 years and it always looked great, I dont know of any other companies, but I would reccomend Rust Check
Old Oct 3, 2004, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tyler
Before my dad sold it to get a new truck, his 1988 Sierra 3500 with Rust Check never had had a spot of rust on it. Had it for 13 or 14 years and it always looked great, I dont know of any other companies, but I would reccomend Rust Check
Thanks man! Thats good news.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone else????????
Old Oct 4, 2004, 02:24 PM

I have read, mostly on the web, that it is supposed to be one of the better ones. I think just as important as the product is the person/place that applies it. They have to be throught. I also know that you have to take it back every year to get it reapplied. I think that it will make for a better resale value too.

I would ask around your city, see who did what where and the results. Go to a place that does rust check and watch them apply it. Are they getting it in all the tight hard to reach places. With leasing and such most people don't even keep cars long enough to see the difference between rust protection on a car and one that doesn't have it.

I too was considering getting rust check on my car. I have opted to just trying to keep it as clean as possible. Mostly because I can't afford anything else right now. In addition, I am planing on giving my RA a throught cleaning, especially underneath and in the wheel wells, every spring.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys, I got rust check already. I just wanted to ask you guys.

The rust check guys do this....

1. spray the rust check on once a year.
2. Apply paint protection every 3 years (thats all it needs)
3. and they do an underbody clean 3 times a year to get all the crap out of the bottom of the car like dirt, grime and salts and stuff.... and it does not take the rust check off.

I thought I would let you guys know what they do. They sounded the best to me, so I went with them.

Originally Posted by 403RA
I have read, mostly on the web, that it is supposed to be one of the better ones. I think just as important as the product is the person/place that applies it. They have to be throught. I also know that you have to take it back every year to get it reapplied. I think that it will make for a better resale value too.

I would ask around your city, see who did what where and the results. Go to a place that does rust check and watch them apply it. Are they getting it in all the tight hard to reach places. With leasing and such most people don't even keep cars long enough to see the difference between rust protection on a car and one that doesn't have it.

I too was considering getting rust check on my car. I have opted to just trying to keep it as clean as possible. Mostly because I can't afford anything else right now. In addition, I am planing on giving my RA a throught cleaning, especially underneath and in the wheel wells, every spring.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

How much was it for the rust check?
And do you know how much for underbody cleaning & paint protection!?
Old Oct 4, 2004, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlkalineTrio124
How much was it for the rust check?
And do you know how much for underbody cleaning & paint protection!?
Rust check is about $300 per year...
Paint protection is about $200 every 3 years
Underbody wash is about $130 per year for 3 washes.

Those are not exact prices............The rust check might actually be about $200.

Those are the three things I do at rust check. You can also get fabric protection and interior crap done, but if you keep it clean, whats the point?
Old Oct 4, 2004, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Go to their website rustcheck.ca They list all their services. You only need the three that I mentioned in the post above. The rest are your choice.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Cool, thanks a lot for the info!!!
Old Oct 5, 2004, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

holy jesus, thats one ugly site, heh. sorry, just had to bring that up.

my dealership did rust/paint protection, from syntech or something like that.... it was about $1000 for lifetime underbody rust protection, and i think 700 for paint fading protection. and yeah i have to come in every now and then and get it inspected/reapplied.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scarf Face
holy jesus, thats one ugly site, heh. sorry, just had to bring that up.

my dealership did rust/paint protection, from syntech or something like that.... it was about $1000 for lifetime underbody rust protection, and i think 700 for paint fading protection. and yeah i have to come in every now and then and get it inspected/reapplied.
Yeah, my dealer offered me that as well.....
Old Oct 5, 2004, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

I agree. It is a cheap site. Hahaha.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

your car pictures site asks for a password.
Old May 29, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Scarf Face
How often, and how much does it cost to have it reinspected and reapplied? Can someone let me know? Im just curious.

Quick Reply: Is "rust check" the best choice?