Notices

Service engine light

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the RRM downpipe and the guy behind me said I shot out a flame, but I also do use that 94 octane. but only every now and then. That 94 prelude does the same thing and he dont have a cat.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

i talked to mitsu when my service light went off a week ago and they said that it might be my gas cap not being on tight enough. They told me it wasn't the gas and that it could also be the o2 sensors especially since i have aftermarket exhaust. They said the new lancers have problems with o2 sensors and they have even had trouble with evo's and the lights going off right after people buy them, i guess thats how crappy they were.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IllicitRalliart
Check the Gas cap and if an oil change was recently done make sure everything is tight.If you are over due for an oil change then that could be a problem as well.If those are not the issue then take it to the dealership.I wouldnt mess around with that light being on.The car is so new that Autozone or other places like that wont have the right program.Have the dealership scan it in the lot and tell you what it is.If its something bad leave it there if not then take it home and set a convenient date to get it serviced.Make sure you swap out your intake before going unless you know for a fact that your dealership wont Void your warranty.
All OBDll cars use the same type of scan equipment. Take it to auto zone.
Also, yes it CAN be bad gas and yes it CAN be the gas cap. In fact, if everyone here left their gas cap off, everyone here would get the check engine light on. It is that sensitive.