Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2004, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on that show oc shoppers they powdercoated like half there wheeles
Old Oct 28, 2004, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My point was that a company that does nothing but powerder coat rims will powder coat rims correctly. Your local body shop that powder coats anything you throw at them will prob not do a low temp coating. They will prob bake at 600-800deg. This will not be good for our rims. Some guy doing it for like $200 prob isnt going to do a quality job. if he was, he would charge $500 at best. again, just my $0.02. do what you want =]
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Badevo, you are correct, i worked for lear jet and with Aluminum all the time. Half the rims in the world are powdercoated and if there were issues, OEM's would quit it in a heartbeat. Odds are that the rim pictured above was sub-standard to begin with, and at the time of breakage, who is to say it wouldnt have gave up if it wernt coated?? you will never know why. Dont jump on the fear band waggon cause you see a wheel in pieces. Find a "reputable" shop and enjoy. The picture is 5 megapixel and wont fit on here.. Sorry. RRR
Old Oct 29, 2004, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

badevo.. if you don't want to belive somebody else's advice, then just ignore it, no need to get personal and be a big dick about it

if you wheels do fail, i doubt that your email is going to hold up in court.. and they didn't offer you any guarantee and i am sure their lawyers will find a way to be a dick about it..

-joe
Old Oct 29, 2004, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik
My point was that a company that does nothing but powerder coat rims will powder coat rims correctly. Your local body shop that powder coats anything you throw at them will prob not do a low temp coating. They will prob bake at 600-800deg. This will not be good for our rims. Some guy doing it for like $200 prob isnt going to do a quality job. if he was, he would charge $500 at best. again, just my $0.02. do what you want =]
Thanks.

That is what I was trying to get across, I guess I did a bad job of it. Sorry guys.

If the company is reputable and know what they are doing, you should be fine. But some places will tell you they know what they are doing when they really don't. They just see the $$$$$.

BADEVO, I'm not some internet "genius", but I do have 4 years experience from a metal fab shop and a Mechanical Engineering degree. So how about we agree to disagree on this issue, fair enough?
Old Oct 29, 2004, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

PDX - I wasnt refering to you as the internet genius.

Silly puddy - Your assumption of what I was saying makes me just ignore you. If you think I'm a d*ck becasue I am straight forward thats your issue man. Life is harsh sometimes I'm sorry I didnt express my self like Mickey Mouse.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

you need to learn to speak english. i can't understand a word you are saying.

you are not straight forward, you are a dick

-joe
Old Oct 29, 2004, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Call it what you want, I'm not going to get into a name calling match with you. I'll sleep just fine knowing that you think I'm a dick.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 02:21 PM

the dude asked a question of what color not if he should do it!!! Satin black or some sort of black. Black and yellow look great. Im bout to do mine satin black.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:30 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jeraldhd
the dude asked a question of what color not if he should do it!!! Satin black or some sort of black. Black and yellow look great. Im bout to do mine satin black.
Wow way to bring back a 7 year old thread....
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Wow way to bring back a 7 year old thread....
+122762049875602937 PWNED! yea i always wonder if the newbs ever like look at the dates on certain threads before they post...lol but hey i think we have all done it maybe at least once. but seriously...from 2004? damn....
-Flip
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
if noone has responded in a good 7 years i dont think they're going to be caring about anyones opinion about it now lol

sometimes i wonder if they do it to get their post counts up
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

LOL -- I was going to add my .02 on this until I got to the post about this being 7 years old. Good catch.

Powder coating al wheels is fine though, my VW wheels in my avatar are powder coated Black Chrome, which is a kick **** color. BTW, those wheels are from 1977 and have been holding up fine. That pick of the broken wheel seems more like a defect within the wheel rather than the powder coating process.