Notices

The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread

Old Jul 31, 2007, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 ralliart JDM model

Question guys..well two questions:

1.Since my car is tiptronic, is it possible to adjust any gear ratios in order to adjust acceleration in the lower gears?

2.Also I plan to up the boost so i just bought a gauge and controller kit. Do you know what is the stock regulated pounds that the boost runs at? just wanna know so I can judge how high to run the boost without damaging any pistons etc.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 05:30 AM

'04 ralliart JDM model

Question guys..well two questions:

1.Since my car is tiptronic, is it possible to adjust any gear ratios in order to adjust acceleration in the lower gears?

2.Also I plan to up the boost so i just bought a gauge and controller kit. Do you know what is the stock regulated pounds that the boost runs at? just wanna know so I can judge how high to run the boost without damaging any pistons etc.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Wink

-

Uh, guys... if his Lancer RalliArt is from Japan, he doesn't have a 2.4l in it... I think it's a 1.8l turbo and I think he meant he wanted to up the boost a bit on the factory turbo.

Just my 2 cents...

-
Old Jul 31, 2007, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea I was just about to type that to. He has a JDM lancer. I dont know the exact details, but i know its turbo'd stock. So his motor can probly handle alot more boost than our N/A motor. Just not built for boost.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 07:17 AM

lol..ok guys.
Yea i got a 1.8l turbo..just wasn't sure what was the stock pressure. I didn';t buy it from new so dont know if the guy in japan had upped it or lowered it.

But yea it can handle around 15 psi i THINK.

Just doing small things now..just bought a sexy carbon fibre exhaust 3 1/2, GREDDY bov type1, and a CAI but gotta change the intercooler cuz the stok one is pretty small and the engine not gonna breathe properly when i really crank it up
Old Aug 2, 2007, 07:19 AM

and I'm from Barbados so really dont know to much about the US models cept what i read. but usually the us market cars are slower that the JDMs cuz of US emission laws which really restrict the cars. that's why you would see a 2.0/2.4 car in the states being beaten by 1.6/1.8 JDMs.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 05:41 PM

Is the venom 400 the best way to go to up the rpm's. Cause I bogg at 6500. and that sucks from 2nd to 3rd, rolling start 30mph
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:22 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Ralliart M/T manual transmissions hold exactly 2.3 Quarts...

It is recommended to use GL4 type transmission fluid. Usually something that has "synchro" in the name. Royal Purple Synchromax or Pennzoil Synchromesh are among favorites on these boards. BGII & Redline & Quaker are also used.

I use Royal Purple and it has made a huge difference in shifting. I highly recommend it!

Last edited by migs647; Sep 12, 2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Hey everyone! it hasnt been posted in here in a while.. but i'm new..
spent a while reading every post in this massive 11 page thread.. but it was well worth it.. i learned so much more about the lancer and cars in general. thanks to all those that give the answers and thanks to all those who ask the questions too =D saves me the trouble. haha.

Lookin forward to gettin my ralliart and puttin some of this new knowledge to use =D
Old Sep 26, 2007, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBO TECH P.R.
the ralliart use the same rod dimension of the second generation 4g63 2.0l, eclipse, evo
here ya go
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:12 PM

hey everyone, i originally posted this in the general EvoM noob section but i figure i should post it here since it's about my RA. well better yet i'll just put the thread link...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=299221

i would really appreciate any kind of insight into what happened, thanks again!
and thanks for all the great info through this thread, i read all 11 pages and wow, i'm really pumped up to start tuning my RA [=.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

something recent about similar problem, about a cable of the TPS coming loose,

search for TPS or throttle position sensor in the RA area and u should find it
Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:03 PM

hmm..well i looked into it and the only really close to what i had never really got resolved, i think i pulled a different ecu code too, i'll post it tomorrow a.s.a.p. thanks though! [=

aahh well, sadly, i couldn't find the little piece of paper that had the ecu code...oh well i guess, i'm going to get my car checked out though anyway so hopefully it will be alright!

Last edited by Ccdaat; Oct 6, 2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 05:52 PM

My turn, will an aftermarket header from a 00-05 eclipse rs 2.4L fit a RA? oh and should I keep the stock DOwnpipe wat do u guys think its better 4 performance Im leaving my car N/A.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

not to sure on the eclipse header fitting, some1 else will answer that hopefully, but if its the 4g69 engine it should fit.

the down pipe is very restrictive and replacing it helps alot from what i have read, but the rest of the exhaust is very good size for our engine, tho you may want a high flow cat and a nice deep sounding muffler.

if leaveing NA, go for an intake (either SRI or CAI depending on AT/MT and location(see official thread stickied at the top of forum)), an underdrive pulley and piggy back tuned are the basics.

then u can do alot of other stuff just depends on budget.
read up and ask away.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread