The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread - Page 48 - evolutionm.net

The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 05:25 PM   #706

Drives: 2004 Ralliart

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK View Post
It's your accelerator pedal position sensor, the thing your throttle cable connects to behind the passenger side head light. did anyone ever screw around with the adjustment? disconnect your negative battery terminal, unplug the connector from the APPS, inspect pins and wiring for corrosion or damage...reconnect the sensor, reconnect the battery...

you need to search...posting here is not too bad, but posting this question in someone's show and shine thread is highly inappropriate, and people aren't going to help you if you just flood the forum with your garbage...

I don't know if this will work, but try this:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...rchid=21587806

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.05 seconds; generated 4 minute(s) ago. Search: Keyword(s): P2138
My bad, I was just slightly desperate, worried, and confused about my ralliart, I initially had the belief by technicians at autozone and this cheap mechanic that my car did have a TPS located somewhere else in the engine.

but I just wanted to re-confirm my second guess that the APS - is actually the TPS of the vehicle like you mentioned behind the headlight. I posted a thread about this in the engine/drive train forum but I didn't get any reply regarding the locations and was just plainly lost.

In regards to this forums, I ****ed up, I wasn't thinking were to post my problems in particular threads since im a first time user, but this won't happen again.

Thanks a lot for the help anyways I appreciate it a lot.

Old Apr 26, 2015, 09:55 PM   #707
Evolved Member

Drives: 2006 Lancer Ralliart, 2008 Mazda 5 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoC View Post
My bad, I was just slightly desperate, worried, and confused about my ralliart, I initially had the belief by technicians at autozone and this cheap mechanic that my car did have a TPS located somewhere else in the engine.
you do, it's in the throttle body...

Quote:
I posted a thread about this in the engine/drive train forum but I didn't get any reply regarding the locations and was just plainly lost.
you mean this one? where you got a reply that linked a thread that covers the issue extensively, and then the pictures and locations were posted by none other than yourself?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-problemo.html

Quote:
In regards to this forums, I ****ed up, I wasn't thinking were to post my problems in particular threads since im a first time user, but this won't happen again.
you better not! ...and your epic fails lead me to believe you ARE new to this, and not just lazy, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt...

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the help anyways I appreciate it a lot.
yeah sure, and make sure both battery terminals are good and tight and free from corrosion...

Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:26 PM   #708

Drives: 2005 Lancer Ralliart

Eh, Just finally got myself a 05 Lance ralliart, and I'am loving it. What can you guys tell me that a newb to the Ralliart community should know. I know it has one issue. Its a valve you can see when you take the oil cap is off. It ticks and the guy told me its an easy fix.'

ve read up on it that it is.

My new pride and joy.

Old Sep 7, 2015, 09:24 PM   #709

Drives: 2004 Thunder Gray RalliArt (Manual)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCostehRA View Post
Eh, Just finally got myself a 05 Lance ralliart, and I'am loving it. What can you guys tell me that a newb to the Ralliart community should know.[/I]
If it hasn't already been done, get yourself 3 things.

Firstly, Red Line MT-85 75W85 GL-4 Gear Oil. Buy 3 quarts of this crap and put it in the transmission. Now don't put all of it in. only 2.3 bottles fit anyway any you will just end up with transmission fluid all over the ground. And let me tell you, transmission oil turns even gravel into a skating rink.

Secondly, You will want aluminum shift bushings. Both the under hood ones, and console ones. the ones for the EVO VIII/IX fit for this purpose.

Thirdly, BLOX Roll stopper for the EVO VIII/IX. This too will fit in the Ralliart

The reason you want these things is because it turns the car into a beast! shifting is WAY more accurate, faster, and much more satisfying! I did this and am loving absolutely every second of it!

Old Sep 8, 2015, 04:57 AM   #710
Evolved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate Fury View Post
If it hasn't already been done, get yourself 3 things.

Firstly, Red Line MT-85 75W85 GL-4 Gear Oil. Buy 3 quarts of this crap and put it in the transmission. Now don't put all of it in. only 2.3 bottles fit anyway any you will just end up with transmission fluid all over the ground. And let me tell you, transmission oil turns even gravel into a skating rink.

Secondly, You will want aluminum shift bushings. Both the under hood ones, and console ones. the ones for the EVO VIII/IX fit for this purpose.

Thirdly, BLOX Roll stopper for the EVO VIII/IX. This too will fit in the Ralliart

The reason you want these things is because it turns the car into a beast! shifting is WAY more accurate, faster, and much more satisfying! I did this and am loving absolutely every second of it!
so wrong...

first check the timing belt condition, and try to find out when it was replaced, if unable to determine, replace as soon as you can afford it.

then, change oil, transmission oil, coolant etc.

then any other maintenance, like suspension and brakes etc.

then you can do some mods

Old Sep 8, 2015, 07:10 AM   #711
Evolved Member

Drives: on curvy roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK View Post
so wrong...

first check the timing belt condition, and try to find out when it was replaced, if unable to determine, replace as soon as you can afford it.

then, change oil, transmission oil, coolant etc.

then any other maintenance, like suspension and brakes etc.

then you can do some mods
Truth.

Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:37 AM   #712
Evolved Member

Drives: 05 Pearl White Ralliart AT (sold), 14 WW Ralliart

Before suggesting transmission oils and shifter stuff first confirm whether its 5spd or auto

Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:38 AM   #713
Evolved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiri View Post
Before suggesting transmission oils and shifter stuff first confirm whether its 5spd or auto
more truth...