Notices

Anyone having trans problems in their RA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2004, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ciclon1
sorry dude, like you said is just a bas one you like 1 in a 1.000.000. so maybe you shoul try one more before non wanting a MItsu again....LOL
Lemon law is good to 15 k her in CT I don't know what it will be in IL. and there have to be 3 intente to fix the problem if not resolved after that you are good to go go to the dealer and get a new one LOL.
i believe the law is very similar in IL, if there turns out to be a problem currently, then my next visit to the dealer will be the 3rd time for the same problem, so either it will function properly or i will be looking at a new car... if it is possible for reimbursement i would probably go that route, i'm thinking that a truck might be of more use to me at this point in time
Old Nov 15, 2004, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lunchbocks
i believe the law is very similar in IL, if there turns out to be a problem currently, then my next visit to the dealer will be the 3rd time for the same problem, so either it will function properly or i will be looking at a new car... if it is possible for reimbursement i would probably go that route, i'm thinking that a truck might be of more use to me at this point in time
a full refund is yes posibilyty alsow with the lemon law.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

When you go through 5 tranny, I'm think the fault lies in the driver.

As for abusing DSM tranny, you're going to be sorry. It's not bullet proof. Our synchros are notoriously bad with age. Keep on abusing it, the teeth will be grinded apart on the tranny like those WRX's.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bahamut
When you go through 5 tranny, I'm think the fault lies in the driver.

As for abusing DSM tranny, you're going to be sorry. It's not bullet proof. Our synchros are notoriously bad with age. Keep on abusing it, the teeth will be grinded apart on the tranny like those WRX's.

The teeth? Uhhh all transmissions since...decades ago...have been constant mesh. It's not the teeth that get ground away.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.turbomagazine.com/feature...ur_wrxgearset/

"The factory manual transmission has five foward speeds with synchromesh, and one reverse. The Gimmie Gears "Sport" set is of the same nature in order to keep the noise inside the car to a minimum, but the gears have fewer teeth that are substantially bigger for added strength. The gear set comes complete with a new transmission main shaft, first through fifth drive and driven gears."

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/arch.../t-168607.html

I guessed suby guys don't know they have in their tranny too.

http://www.xcceleration.com/transmission_FAQ.htm

http://www.stealth316.com/2-awd4.htm

Last edited by bahamut; Nov 15, 2004 at 05:35 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

so you didn't go through 5 trannies, you went through 5 idiots who can't rebuilt ONE tranny correctly

after the third "rebuild" i would have went straight to the regional officer and biatch about the situation and go to another dealer

you obviously know that the dealer you went with was a bunch of clowns

-joe
Old Nov 15, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Perhaps I was too judgemental on my previous posts my apologies...

Sounds like you got a lemon, and it sounds like the techs are your dealer are some real pieces of work (or was that SH*T?) If I were you at this point, I'd be calling up the regional service managers for Mitsubishi and complaining up a storm - it's quite amazing what they will do sometimes to avoid any negative publicity, especially a company that is currently trying to clean up it's image of quality like Mitsu is. It really sucks to hear what you're going through, because quite frankly if I were in your position I would be a hell of a lot more pissed off than you seem to be. I hope this problem gets resolved for you, good luck.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 03:30 PM

well i'm glad some of you understand where i'm coming from instead of thinking that all i do is beat the **** out of it, i guess i cant prove that i dont but look at it this way: if there were signs of significant wear from abuse on my part, the dealer could have cited user abuse and denied my warranty claim, they however took responsibility for the problems and thus, have fixed them.

as for being pissed, believe me i am but theres only so much that i can do... i would love to walk into the dealer and start swinging but its not the way to solve this so i'm trying to stay calm and just look ahead to either a new ra or a different car.

right now, i'm just trying to get ahold of the right people before trying to get into this whole lemon law thing, i dont want to get caught off guard by anything and i want to be sure that i'm right before taking action. hopefully i can just get this over with and get back into a reliable car so i can make my daily commute

i'll keep you guys updated with whatever happens.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

time to look into your state lemon laws, and call a lawyer. sounds like you got a bad tranny and worse techs. good luck man, keep us posted.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 06:57 PM

UPDATE

so yeah, chalk another one up for the quality techs at my dealer... so a lot of you think i just beat the crap outa my car and thats why i'm running into problems, well, i have been having some occasional grinding issues with this 'brand new' trans so i decided to browse around a little to see if there is anything visually wrong with Anything. well, just so happens that the motor/trans mount on the drivers side, kinda under the airbox (hard to see, intake is kind of in the way) but the nut holding the through bolt was just about to fall off. now, here i'm thinking, a loose motor mount might cause the motor to torque back harder upon accel and back much more than intended on decel, and guess whats a couple inches away from this motor mount; yep, shift linkages. seems to me that if the motor and trans are rocking excessively, the linkages might not be too happy.

dunno, its a thought... excessive movement seems like it could have caused some issues with the linkage and therefore possibly excessive wear on shift forks and/or synchros over time.

it sucks to think about the negligence my car is being treated with, i never thought i'd have to be concerned about a motor mount after the dealer works on it for christ sake... its like i have to do an inspection after them.

i'm gonna try to see if i can spot any kind of wear in the bushings that are on the eyelets of the links or something, i dunno, i just want to drop the damn trans and tear it open myself but, warranty.

the annoyance continues........... i'm trying to avoid the need for legal action but i'm getting pretty tired of this, i'm not so sure i can even feel safe driving the car cuz i have no idea about the quality of workmanship judging by the fact they can do something like that, i mean the nut was visibly not tight at all, you could see more threads between it and the mount than between the nut and end of the bolt.

/another rant
Old Dec 4, 2004, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, where in IL are you? What dealer are you going to?
Old Dec 4, 2004, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

lemon law
Old Dec 4, 2004, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

wow, man. that really sucks.

I sense incompetent techs.
Some technicians are good and can do a real good job of your car... But seems like... they either didn't do a good job or that loose nut is possibly a future recall or TSB?
Old Dec 5, 2004, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by dugrant153
wow, man. that really sucks.

I sense incompetent techs.
Some technicians are good and can do a real good job of your car... But seems like... they either didn't do a good job or that loose nut is possibly a future recall or TSB?
the recall thing i doubt just cuz its a very simple bolt, i mean theres no real engineering marvel going on there, i cant see a design flaw causing it to come loose.

the dealer i have been going to is Max Madsen of Countryside, the service manager i've been talking to is named John.

and yes, lemon law seems unavoidable, i really cant deal with this gross imcompetance with a car that i use to drive to and from school/work/gym everyday.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 09:55 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
At this point I would just flat out ask them to hand you a new RA. Then they can fix your broken RA on their own time and resell it to someone else.

Quick Reply: Anyone having trans problems in their RA?