Notices

otter's 02 sensor fix

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2005, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
otter's 02 sensor fix

Just thought id let everyone know that I installed the my rrm down pipe yesterday and with it I put in the o2 sensor fix otter posted under the how to’s. Its been 300 miles and I havent had a CEL go off yet. Ive done probably about half of it on the highway and the other half around downtown St Louis. The anti fowls come from any auto store and are about $3. Ill keep you posted if one trips but it appears to be a cheap and very effective mod.

Old Feb 27, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Tells us how you like the sound with any other current mods you have. People keep talking about how loud it is.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

ya otter has gone i believe like 1000 miles i believe and it still hasnt gone off.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by wrecked
Tells us how you like the sound with any other current mods you have. People keep talking about how loud it is.
I love how it sounds. I have the cai and an apexi muffler welded to a custom 2.5 catback, it is loud but ive passed about 20 cops and havent even gotten a second look. cruising its just a hum but accelerating its a mean raspy growl i love it.
a note about the cops not bothering about it; i live in a pretty rural community right outside of STL so theres plenty of v8s with straight pipes running around too and we all know our little 2.4 couldnt be louder than that.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 11:06 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by OC_Ralliart
ya otter has gone i believe like 1000 miles i believe and it still hasnt gone off.
I don't even have a downpipe yet. Retro is the one who's done this and has had it work so far. I simply found the fix by digging around in the Evo section.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Race4Ralliart
theres plenty of v8s with straight pipes running around too and we all know our little 2.4 couldnt be louder than that.
We took the headers off my friends Spec-V for ***** and giggles. I beg to differ.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by otter
I don't even have a downpipe yet. Retro is the one who's done this and has had it work so far. I simply found the fix by digging around in the Evo section.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=121903&page=2