Notices

First the ep3, now the specV....?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They should be glad that we don't have 4g63.....
Old Mar 23, 2005, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

today my friend just sold his spec-v and it's a 2005. he hate the idea that my car cost less and i can beat him by two cars. i hope he gets something nice and faster.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

I test drove all the cars in this class (civic sir, sentra specv, mazda 3, etc) when i brought my RA

and the spec V fell off the top 3 list the first time i took it out.. that car didn't have the guts to back up the numbers for sure

-joe
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Your comment is confusing to say the least...
so your comparing your full bolt on specV that's been out for 3years, to a (im guessing) stock RA that's been out for 1.5 years? What are you, stupid? These cars are a driver's race, just like rsx-s and gt-s. Have you even driven a RA? Let me guess the butt dyno said the specV is faster, . Im a nissan guy @ heart, but your making me even about the specV.
i guess i don't understand what a car being out for "3years" has to do with the rest of the statement. And you got some e-thug nerve to call someone "stupid", bad etiquette sir. There is no need for that and it pretty much proves you don't know WTF you are talking about. Have you driven a Spec-V? i think you have your e-thug gloves on too tight, i am pretty much in argeement that they are equal in many ways. My point is that the handling on the Ralliart was very dull and not having an LSD for that price is just laughable. Butt dyno does say it's faster but so does the drag, autocross and mountain driving.

i should have never posted in this thread anytime someone who actually has owned or owns any of the cars in a "vs" thread pretty much will never back down.

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; Mar 24, 2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow
i should have never posted in this thread
Agreed

Your just asking for a flame war.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 05:19 PM
Account Disabled

the spec-v i tested had body roll like a focus imop and the ra had a stiffer spring feel and a much more responsive steering wheel, i dont see how a car with more body roll can have more exciting handling than one without not having the lsd is kinda crappy though
Old Mar 24, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow
i guess i don't understand what a car being out for "3years" has to do with the rest of the statement. And you got some e-thug nerve to call someone "stupid", bad etiquette sir. There is no need for that and it pretty much proves you don't know WTF you are talking about. Have you driven a Spec-V? i think you have your e-thug gloves on too tight, i am pretty much in argeement that they are equal in many ways. My point is that the handling on the Ralliart was very dull and not having an LSD for that price is just laughable. Butt dyno does say it's faster but so does the drag, autocross and mountain driving.

i should have never posted in this thread anytime someone who actually has owned or owns any of the cars in a "vs" thread pretty much will never back down.
, have I driven? Your talking to a nissan guy. I have a sentra se w/ the loved and famed sr20 motor. Of course I tested the specV... i even made the thread "if you didnt get your RA" and I said I would have choose the specV, because im partial to nissan, but I happen to stumble across a sleeper with better looks. I was 97% getting ready to change my lancer es for one. Dizzgitial told me he could give me a good deal on a RA, I came by... butt dyno said, they felt the same, but i felt the RA had more impressive things and I walked way with one. What is this e-thug? Your trying to get your point across to a guy who tested both cars, don't get e-hurt... it's the internet

P.S. The qr25, while nice, will never touch the sr20 motor... i rather drop that in there and turbo it.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsurally
the spec-v i tested had body roll like a focus imop and the ra had a stiffer spring feel and a much more responsive steering wheel, i dont see how a car with more body roll can have more exciting handling than one without not having the lsd is kinda crappy though
I felt the same way after I test drove the Spec-v. Thats why I drove off in a ralliart that day. But as far as performance goes the spec-v does "feel" faster. Wheel hop and body roll give the sensation of speed on the good ol' butt dyno. However the 1/4 mile time tells a different story. Stock for stock these cars are the same.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

I test drove both, I own a Ralliart. BTW, with all due respect to Nissan, the qr25 sucks. I can easily make 175 hp at 6000 rpms without premium gas. In addition, moly coasted pistons don't matter. The rigs go first, and compression is lost.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
The qr25, while nice, will never touch the sr20 motor... i rather drop that in there and turbo it.
Agree... kinda. The QR25DE is NOT nice. It is basically a minivan engine with tons of torque that was fitted to an Altima's tranny. The internals are weak as a kitten but it is ok with bolt-ons. If you ever saw the rods on the QR you would point and laugh. The SR20 on the other hand is a TANK. If you break that you are an idiot. However, without that magic "DET" on the end it is just a really stong slow motor (unless you drop some big cash). Those who really love thier Sentras bought an SE Manual, swapped the Spec-V bodywork and dropped in the FF SR20DET. Believe it or not it should cost LESS than a Spec-V and insure way lower, who knew?
Old Mar 26, 2005, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

People are so dumb. They keep talking about how they smoked an oz rally but they keep calling it a ralliart.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 06:37 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by lrh35
People are so dumb. They keep talking about how they smoked an oz rally but they keep calling it a ralliart.
Set an 04 OZ and an 04 Ralliart next to each other and it's very hard to tell the difference unless you know what few details to look for. It's an easy mistake to make, and if it bumps their egos, good for them. It'll feel that much worse when they're beaten by one of those "OZ's"
Old Mar 27, 2005, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by lrh35
Yeah, I read the post... only thing seperating the OZ from the RA (visually), is fog lights, front and rear lip and rims. I read the guy post, from what he describe, it sounds like he raced on oz.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 06:07 PM

Perfect topic. Let's see my son had an '03 Spec-V, and now my daughter has an '05 Ralliart which I get to drive since I co-signed. Of course my son doesn't have it anymore, but after driving both cars when they were stock, they are very simliar torque wise. The Spec-V does have more on top. Even my son agrees with me after driving the Ralliart. I just wish the Ralliart came with dual overhead cams and LSD like the Spec, which would have been even sweeter.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 01:58 PM

is this thread dead yet? =o) im on a rampage to educate!...but anyways...the qr is a far superior motor than the sr20...just in how its made...and the technological advances..and also head design....the only thing the sr20 has over the qr is the motor was built for turbo so it has a much stouter bottom end...and thats it...once you close the deck of the qr25 and start building both motors..the qr25 will own an sr20 two ways from sunday and 3 times on monday...

hate to mag race, but a very good comparison with more than likely the same driver..with numbers to comepare

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ro...aro/index.html

but for that real world factor...some track times to be noted

14.8's stock replicated on multiple occassions
14.6 with intake & motormounts
14.0's with i/h/e/motormounts/safc2
15.0 stock out of a BASE se-r
14.6 with i/h out of a BASE se-r
13.1's with i/h/e/motormounts/cams/80 shot
12.9's a small t28/t3 and 7.5psi. which was 248whp i believe is what he dynoed