Notices

Ralliart Roll Cage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cmon people, dont get so dam defensive, its almost like people cant state their own opinions without getting slammed for it. Cmon, this isnt a civic forum.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

I want a cage It woudl be a waste of money for me. But I would love to go otu and race buts its my only car can't crash it

I also like the look for the cage a lot.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

IM not geting defensive, but because he doesnt like it, he says its stupid. If you don't like you can simply say " Cages arnt for me", I agree with Alliedcries...I think they look really cool and add some uniqueness to your car..
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much do you think they weigh?
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

200 pounds max i would guess for like a 6 point
Old Apr 17, 2005, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ev-slo
What about for looks, plenty of people like the look of it.. I bet that evo spoiler on a fwd does alot, if anything takes down force away from the front and you loose power? Got a comment for that?

You want a cage, get it! I think there cool. You could daily drive with that and save your life when that reckless drivers clips you and you roll.
actually big rear spoilers are still functional in a front-wheel drive car at the track. Additional downforce on ANY tires is a good thing when road racing.

Last edited by BLKRalliArt04; Apr 17, 2005 at 06:10 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alex_alex
actually big rear spoilers are still functional in a front-wheel drive car at the track. Additional downforce on ANY tires is a good thing when road racing.
Sure if it was an evo, taking force from your front wheels to your back...You want your front wheels to stick to the ground much as possible...Whne you have a huge spoiler on back, you loose down force on the front in MOTION...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:04 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ev-slo
Sure if it was an evo, taking force from your front wheels to your back...You want your front wheels to stick to the ground much as possible...Whne you have a huge spoiler on back, you loose down force on the front in MOTION...
Incorrect. An Evo wing evens out the downforce upon the entire car. A car with no spoiler has a large amount of downforce on the front and very little in the rear (thus squirrely at high speeds). Adding a wing/spoiler puts downforce on the rear without affecting the front. Evens out the weight distribution and makes for a better handling ride.

Back to OT: If you want a cage, I would seek to have one custom made so that you KNOW that it'll work properly in a Ralliart. If you seriously needed a cage for safety, I wouldn't want it to be a "make it fit" kinda job that could fail on you.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Hey, cant afford a roll cage but still want a bunch of bars in the interior of your car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...968866584&rd=1

Old Apr 17, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

-

"...SOLD IN A RAW FINISH FOR A GREAT RACE LOOK."

WTF!?!?!?

Here's my translation: "...we don't want to put more work into this product so that our margins stay high, so no finish on it, sorry."

-
Old Apr 17, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

-

BTW: Race prepped cars get a custom made roll cage... oh, and it's painted. The reason for the rollcage to be custom made is to tighten-up the chassis in the right places considering the category of competition, regulations in effect in the said category, the setup of the car and specific goals to be attained other than safety.

For example, if you decided to go rallying in an amateur class, you'd first look to comply with the SCCA or FIA rules, then you'd look to stiffen the chassis in par with where you think it would be most affected by tortion forces in par with the specific suspension setup of that car. If you took the same car, in the same class but with a different setup, another rollcage design might be better for it.

-
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
Incorrect. An Evo wing evens out the downforce upon the entire car. A car with no spoiler has a large amount of downforce on the front and very little in the rear (thus squirrely at high speeds). Adding a wing/spoiler puts downforce on the rear without affecting the front. Evens out the weight distribution and makes for a better handling ride.
ding ding ding
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

guys.. the evo cages will fit without too much cutting.. you have to remember that they come in a kit form, and the SCCA people will want you to wield it together in car..

and don't get a cage without race seats and a harness, you will bang your head and die in an accident

and don't get race seats with harness without a roll cage.. you will flip and kill yourself strapped in the seat

-joe
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good emphasis. seats + harness - cage = DEAD ; cage - seats-harness = DEAD