Notices

Installed AEM SRI Today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys...Sorry about the pix. I still haven't gotten a digital camera as of yet. But anyway, on a scale of 1-10 I would give it about a 4 or 5. Just about everything said in this thread is true. Possibly a little loss of power in the lower rpms but great after you hit Mivec. It does sound good, well it sounds great. With that magnaflow muffler I put on earlier its a pretty sweet combo as far as sound goes. Would I do it again? Definitely. It just seems to rev easier and "breathe" better, if you know what I mean and the higher end gains are considerable. I guess that's about it! I'll try to answer questions until I can get a camera.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Honestly, I would put an intake and exhaust on any car I get even if it was a more expensive and fast car like an S4 or S2000 just because of the way the car revs so much more free. The sound of the exhaust itself was worth the money for me!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

FWIW, someone posted dyno's of SRI vs CAI a couple months back - gains (don't remember the exact numbers) were around 4-5hp for the SRI and 9 or so for the CAI. I'm sure a search will dig up the post...I'm just too lazy to go find it right now *L*
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sillypuddy
a bit off topic, but with the ingen in the short ram configuration, you lose a lot of power under 3000.. over 3500 it just rips

i am putting on the rest of the piping today, so I will see what the difference is

if i didn't get a CAI, i would definitely NOT get a SRI.. my stock intake with the K&N drop in was better than the SRI configuration

-joe
So it's true, you lose some jump in the low revs? That's something I liked about the car, especially being an auto, I need my low end
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartRev
Hey guys...Sorry about the pix. I still haven't gotten a digital camera as of yet. But anyway, on a scale of 1-10 I would give it about a 4 or 5. Just about everything said in this thread is true. Possibly a little loss of power in the lower rpms but great after you hit Mivec. It does sound good, well it sounds great. With that magnaflow muffler I put on earlier its a pretty sweet combo as far as sound goes. Would I do it again? Definitely. It just seems to rev easier and "breathe" better, if you know what I mean and the higher end gains are considerable. I guess that's about it! I'll try to answer questions until I can get a camera.
Dude! Any pics of this YET?
Old Jun 14, 2005, 06:56 PM

It is definitely true, some of the low end torque is gone. But, you can compensate by 'launching' over 3500. Plus it sounds mean.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

I would say the loss is nothing to worry about. It can easily be fixed with a Piggyback... to bad we don't have an ECU reflash!! Well, we do but it's way to expensive.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 07:03 PM

who does a reflash?

(sorry for potential thread hijack)
Old Jun 14, 2005, 07:12 PM

Pics please
Old Jun 14, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

i used to have the cold air intake but i lost a lot of power. it took too long to get air in the engine and had a "lag". i put short ram intake and it is just amazing . no lag and no loss of power in the 3000 range, i duno what you people are talking about.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

My bad, it's an EMS, so you need a whole new ECU.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralli04Art
i used to have the cold air intake but i lost a lot of power. it took too long to get air in the engine and had a "lag". i put short ram intake and it is just amazing . no lag and no loss of power in the 3000 range, i duno what you people are talking about.
Well, I've had SRI's for some time now. On both my RA and on my previous RSX and both displayed good throttle response. BUT, in the spring/summer/early fall the heat killed it.

Even now. Past few days here have been in the mid 80's and humid....I feel like I'm driving a OZ or something....heh
Old Jun 14, 2005, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daddymac
Well, I've had SRI's for some time now. On both my RA and on my previous RSX and both displayed good throttle response. BUT, in the spring/summer/early fall the heat killed it.

Even now. Past few days here have been in the mid 80's and humid....I feel like I'm driving a OZ or something....heh
I know that feeling but you guys in TO get it way worse than here. The other day we got up to 29-32 degrees It felt like a Civic *cough* DX.

It's cooled off now and everything is good
Old Jun 14, 2005, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AdamRA
I know that feeling but you guys in TO get it way worse than here. The other day we got up to 29-32 degrees It felt like a Civic *cough* DX.

It's cooled off now and everything is good
When you are in the SRI configuration do you actually get better throttle response? The trade off for top-end is IMO unacceptable because I don't like to take it past 3500 RPM when I do regular city driving.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

It's very minimal, IMO your better to stay with the airbox for throttle response.
I had a comptech airbox on my RSX and it was awesome most people swear by them. If they made one for the RA I would be all over it. ( quiet too )