Notices

New

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New

hey all.... im new to the site just wanted to say hi to everyone... i have an 05 ralliart, black... hence the name black beauty ... lol anyways.. just got him 4 weeks ago... so im still getting to know all my car can do... i got a new tip put on... just a little larger than the factory one... and that is all i've done so far... though i do want to get new wheels... and that is pretty much all i want to do... i think he looks hot enough on his own.. lol
though i did have a general question... is it true that if you have someone else do the oil changes w/ out a receipt from a garage it cancels out the warranty??
ok well thanks... and ill be checking out the site more...
Old May 22, 2005, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the car. Black is the way to go, but I haven't heard anything about the oil change without a receipt that void your warranty. They have a strict waranty, but i didn't know it was that bad. Check the noobie forums.
Old May 22, 2005, 09:52 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Keep your oil change receipts just in case, you never know. That way if something does go wrong with your bottom end, then they can't blame it on you not changing your oil.

Welcome to the forums
Old May 22, 2005, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Carlisle... that sounds awfully familiar... how far from Ebensburg/Johnstown are you?
Old May 22, 2005, 10:05 PM

hey.. johnstown.. cool.. i have family there... a lot of family actually.. so maybe send me an email sometime?? that might be how u know carlisle.. but im about 2 1/2 hrs from johnstown.. well it takes me less than that.. but when my relatives travel it.. that is what they say... there are quite a few car shows held here also.. that might be where it is familiar too..
Old May 22, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

welcome, it's been proven too many times that black is the fastest of all the ralliarts.

Don't stop at the "tip" muffler, get a CAI for some better topend!
Old May 23, 2005, 10:17 AM

Welcome, Here in Sac,CA the dealerships have no problem with me getting my oil changed anywhere else. I change my oil about every 3000 miles, so about half way between warrenty check ups. Have been in for 2 check ups and no problem with the non-mitsu oil filter.
Old May 23, 2005, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackbeauty
hey all.... im new to the site just wanted to say hi to everyone... i have an 05 ralliart, black... hence the name black beauty ... lol anyways.. just got him 4 weeks ago... so im still getting to know all my car can do... i got a new tip put on... just a little larger than the factory one... and that is all i've done so far... though i do want to get new wheels... and that is pretty much all i want to do... i think he looks hot enough on his own.. lol
though i did have a general question... is it true that if you have someone else do the oil changes w/ out a receipt from a garage it cancels out the warranty??
ok well thanks... and ill be checking out the site more...
My dealer said that it was ok to change the oil by yourself. Just as long as you keep the receipts like what otter suggested in case they decide to change their mind later...

And also it's probably a good idea to bring it in for the regular change intervals. My first one is at 6500+ km so I decided to change it on my own with the amount of driving that I do.
Old May 23, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Oh yeah and congrats on getting your new Ralliart. I remember saying that I was going to keep it stock for the most part (aside from seat belt guards and exhaust tip), but I'm going to order an Injen CAI on Tuesday. Damn it...
Old May 23, 2005, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

dont you hate it when you lie to yourself about modding your car? i was like wow this car is sweet... i dont need to mod it... a month later i ended up with a CAI
Old May 23, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
dont you hate it when you lie to yourself about modding your car? i was like wow this car is sweet... i dont need to mod it... a month later i ended up with a CAI
Ain't that the truth. Then after spending 3k you wish you had left it stock, knowing you'll never be able to trade it in or sell it for what it's worth.
Old May 23, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ErikT
Ain't that the truth. Then after spending 3k you wish you had left it stock, knowing you'll never be able to trade it in or sell it for what it's worth.
yah but isnt it worth it in the end when you have the coolest car in the world that everybody turns to look at... (especially while pulling away from people in 2005 V6 Mustangs with automatic transmissions that think they are fast...) Hmm sounds like something that happened yesturday. ROFL

Last edited by CF-Ninja; May 23, 2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old May 23, 2005, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Indeed it is. 3 and a half months for me. I didn't quite crack at one month yet. Browsing evom does that to you I guess...
Old May 23, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

yah but isnt it worth it in the end when you have the coolest car in the world that everybody turns to look at... (especially while pulling away from people in 2005 V6 Mustangs with automatic transmissions that think they are fast...) Hmm sounds like something that happened yesturday. ROFL
That part is fun.

Then again, it's about 110 here in Phoenix, so I'm stuck running the AC 24/7. Can't enjoy the full potential right now.
Old May 23, 2005, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ErikT
That part is fun.

Then again, it's about 110 here in Phoenix, so I'm stuck running the AC 24/7. Can't enjoy the full potential right now.
ouch... build a cyrogenic intake... i've seen them before online.. has a box that you fill with dry ice and it freezes the whole intake tube for about an hour.