Notices

a few questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question a few questions

hey guys i am glad i found your forum. i just bought my wife an 04 Ralli Art. she has been wanting one since they came out. i just had a few questions about some mods on it. i was thinking about getting her the down pipe and magnaflow axle back off of RRE's website. i was wondering tho if i just got a 3 inch down pipe put on it and a magnaflow at my friends exhaust shop would that be the same thing? also i am wanting to get her the CAI and the ECU and piggyback. do any of you have any of these mods? if so did you see any good gains out of them? if you did notice any differences what did you notice the most out of on an indivudal mod basis?
also i was wondering if the stuff from RRE was the best stuff you could get or if there were any better CAI's or exhaust's or anything like tha. twell thats about all the questions i have for now. i appreciate all your time and input.

Thanx,
Trent

Last edited by BMF99CamaroSS; Jun 25, 2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

There are people here that have installed RRM's downpipe, cai, ecu and axelback. I personally do not have any of these. From what I have heard from everyone the ECU is the single best mod for power gains and is well worth the money. The downpipe has been said to be nice but very loud. RRM's axelback is nice, with a nice sound. There are currently a couple active threads regarding different axlebacks and mufflers. There are tons of threads on CAI's. RRM makes a nice one but there are others out there that are just as good and some people will say are even better, such as Injen and AEM.

What I really recommend is that you read the RA Newbie Thread, then take some time and look around in both new and old threads. Then do some searches on things you still have quesions on. That should answer almost all of your questions and a lot more. By then you will have even found tons of vendor sites that will lead you to the parts you are looking and and to ones that you didn't even know you wanted.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by bigdoggy_dog; Jun 25, 2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

hey,

I have all of the mods you are looking for. If I were to do it again, I'd get a custom downpipe and exhaust al the way back. 3inch is too big. 2.5 or 2.25 is best. I'd stay away from the magnaflow muffler as it does not give the desired sound. I just switched to a chambered flowmaster 60 series and its a deeper tone....(it could still be better) ECU is great and CAI makes great sound and power. I have an INJEN CAI, fit and finish are perefect and it converts to a short ram for winter. The nice thing about the RRM downpipe is that its ceramic coated. If you get this DP made at your buddies shop and get it ceramic coated it would be perfect.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

well i know that i got great gains from my Dp, intake, and ecu no doubt. i got used to the noise from the downpipe but than attached with my magnaflow muffler it was loud period. than after the ticket i had cause it was loud, i just put a highflow cat in and custom catback with a different muffler. now its a deeper sound and i gainned low end tq no doubt. pretty much what rrm has to offer its great and works well but do some exploring and researching before choosing cause one just might be better than the other.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Speed Demon - How did you install a high flow cat along with the downpipe? Was it a custom job by a muffler/exhaust shop? I want the downpipe, but also want to keep a car that will pass emissions and not cause the CEL to come on.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

just like you said, cat after the dp on custom setup
Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:23 PM

i appreciate the advice on everything guys. i think i am going to my friend make me a 2.5" downpipe with a cat in it and maybe a flowmaster 60 series or a magnaflow.

also on a side note i have to say i have always been a V8 muscle car guy. i had a 95 civic before just to daily drive for a few months and i hated it. i always kind of thought 4 cyl. import cars were a waste of time if you wanted something to have fun and race around in. i must say tho my wifes Ralli Art has given me a new respect for 4 cyl. imports
Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

its defenitely one of the better ones...enjoy and keep us posted
Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:38 PM

will do