Notices

Nothin But Problems

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Nothin But Problems

Ok, I need you guys help, there someting wrong with my car. My Engine Light came on 2 days ago.

once the engine light came on, every time i do a right or a left turn in 2nd gear not even fast or slow, at any speed it dose a jerk. (its not my driving cause 3 people have driven my car with the problem and its all happened to them) i would leave the trottle at like 30% thourght out the turn not goin fast or slow just at a stead speed. then like out of now where the car would like automatically speed up like really fast like it would rev up like striught to 5000 rmp like the tries alomst break lose. sometimes it happens in a middle or a turn (which is REALLY dangerous) and sometimes it would happen right after the turn just after I get strighthen out. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS WRONG. i dont know what to do? you i get it looked at? dealership? Just some shop? i dont know i need you guys help????

And also since all this has happened theres a loud snapping like sound comin from the front driver side strut. like every bump in the road you would hear it. like not just big ones like i hear it like 3 times a minute. its not good. i can feel it though the pedal sometimes and for sure in the deal pedal. the sound is more of a strut snappin sound, or like a nut snapping, medal clinkin together. etc.

PLZ can you guys help me, hopefully all of this is one problem not 3 differnet ones PLZ GUYS
Old Jun 30, 2005, 08:43 AM

ouch.. that sounds sucky...

why not take it to the dealership?
Old Jun 30, 2005, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

i not sure if i should take it to the dealership cause it is almost 3 hours away and i do not feel safe on the highway. Has any one experienced these problems before???
Old Jun 30, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

You have an 05? Full warranty? I'd take it there. If it was 3hrs away you might get lucky and have the whole car burn up on the way there and they will have to give you a new one.. lol. no j/k. It will be fine. My dad and I drove 300 miles home from vacation when his transmission in his brand new truck went out. There was trans fluid spraying everywhere and the gears were shooting out the back end. Its all good, you should be fine.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what kind of car do you drive maybe you should ask the oz/ralliart people it might be more common in there cars
Old Jun 30, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Try resetting your ECU first then..
disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for 10-15 mins. Then start up your car and let it idle for 15-20 mins.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

I drive a mitsubishi Lancer ralliart 2005 brand new 9400 kms and with the rrm piggyback ecu and a ebay ralliart grounding kit. with the ecu i dont if i should go to the dealership and i live 2 hours away from my dealership. I NEED YOUR GUYS HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: o yeah this moring when i started the car it started fine but it was like stalling on its own. it was in nutruel and clutch in and out the car was stalling. it was at like 800rpm and the drop to 500rpms and then go back to 1000rpm and 500rpm the engine was like stalling on its own. i would then give it some gas and would rev up then i would floor it and it like slowly reved up and then stall on its own again. i turned off the car and opened the door and smelt this weird burnt scent, I stared her up again 30 secs after it turned it off and it was just fine like completely normal. Now this is really scaring me now I REALLY NEED YOUR GUYS HEKLP THANK SOO MUCH WHO HAVE HELPED ME TO SO FAR!!!!!

Last edited by Red Dragon; Jun 30, 2005 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if its throwing the CEL, first thing to do is take it to autozone or pepboys. they should read the CEL for free. might just be something stupid, but get that taken care of first. by the sounds of it, it seems like the problem is started by a drivetran linkage problem. check the axle, cvjoints, etc.

given that you have the piggy, clutchline, etc, i would avoid the dealership if u can. get it diagnosed for free, at least
Old Jun 30, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Check all your wires on you piggyback ecu, the flucuations in the rpms can be caused by bad connections. Make sure you have all your connections soldered and making GOOD contact. The piggyback is very sensitive. Also like blk-majik said, autozone has free readout of CEL when they hook it up to their diagnostic thing.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

i did not want to reset the ecu because your just tring to run away from the problem. yesterday i turn on the car and the light turned off and let it idle to see if it would turn back on. 15 min later the car stared to die out and then the light came back on.

i had the ecu on a long time ago. i dont think its the problem but i will check. but still a have a loud clunk in the left suspention. and these problem all happen all at once.

Last edited by Red Dragon; Jun 30, 2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

I'd try resetting the ECU as well. If the problem comes back then take it to the dealer as it MAY be a problem w/ the throttle posistion sensor.

Either way dude....this is out of your hands. The only OTHER thing you can do is a) take it to a GOOD performance auto shop and have them recheck your piggy back install OR b) take out the piggyback, reconnect everything and see if it still happens....if it does go straight to the dealer.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 09:47 AM

Your problem sounds like when my car's purge solenoid went out. My check engine light did not come on for the first three days, but car idled and responded like yours does. My Mitsu dealer pretty much told me there was nothing they could do until it through a code, and they fixed it when the code finally showed. I was told that the car was safe to drive above 2500 RPM's, until they fixed it, but I would have reduced gas mileage, and I did. Hopefully, your issue is something as simple as this, and your car is safe to drive that three hours.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 09:53 AM
Account Disabled

just as a precaution from a guy who works at a dealership it might be a good idea to remove the piggy THEN reset the ecu cuz if it is the piggy and something else happened on top of the prob with the ecu a code will appear telling them there was a prob with the stock computer and when they check they will see your install and removal job. hope everything works out for ya bud
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

running away from the problem, listen is sound like when u installed the piggy back u didn't "set it up" correctly, reset the ecu and do a proper "tune". MEOW
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

ok i will take out the piggy and rest the ecu and then do the piggy again but that still dosent describe why its doin the jerkin thourght the turns and makin the front driver side strut sound like its snapping when i hit bumps. like i dont think the ecu knows when i am in second gear and when i am doin a turn. if it is the ecu then wouldnt this happen all the time whenever it wanted to. but this only happens when i start it in the moring and when i
am doin corners in 2nd gear.?????

and will the piggy back void my warrety??? can i take it out then bring it to the dealer ships???

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP SO FAR.