Notices

car just started veering right

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car also pulls left if you give it a little gas in first. It scared me the first time it happened. I guess i'm used to it now.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bertune
Try this! put the right wheel on the left side and the left wheel on the right side and see if it still happens, there is a possibility that it might pull the other way or go straight.
That would be fine if he has symmetrical tread tires. If they're directional tread, you don't want to swap them left-right.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

-

Yeah, the same thing came to mind... most tires have directionnal threads nowadays (I know mine do), so be careful when swapping wheels.

-
Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

lol this not normal... if u accelerate hard from a stop or ur crusing or watever. My car never veers to the right or left. I would say its the new tires and prolly it wasn't probably balanced, or the ppl who put it on for you did sumthin stupid. There can be so many other factors that maybe the tire is a defect?

But one thing is for sure, you acclerate hard or nething, even wit the torque steer. My ralliart goes only one direction thats straight cause i want it to.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
That would be fine if he has symmetrical tread tires. If they're directional tread, you don't want to swap them left-right.
Try it!!!Then drive down the road and when it stops pulling then you take the tires off and turn them around so that the left will be on the right and the right will be on the left, turning in the right direction. This is for the person that had new tires put on his car and started experiencing a pull to a side. Try it!