Notices

Why I miss my Ralliart...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why I miss my Ralliart...

So my Ralli was supposed to be out of the shop today. I double checked on that yesterday. I took the afternoon off of work today so I could pick it up. The chick at the shop tells me... "Oh, it's probably not gonna be ready. How do you feel about monday?"

Not nearly as good as I felt about today.

So I've been driving a rental. Since the Lancer is a compact, I get a rental compact. A 2004 Kia Rio. Let's talk about the Rio, shall we? It's pretty short, so I can't really stretch my legs out, even with the seat all the way back. Back seat room? None. So comfy? Not so much. Cheap feeling EVERYTHING. Seats, dash, door, steering wheel... I mean everything. It's seriously the cheapest feeling car I have ever driven. It makes the least expensive Lancer look like a Benz. And performance? Well, it took 15 seconds to get to 60 mph from a dead stop. It's SLOW. And weak. Driving it makes me wanna die. And it's all mine for at least 3 more days. Yay me.

Crap. I miss my car.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 05:13 PM

i know how you feel, i had to drive a stupid base focus for almost 3 months while mine was being fixed. it is also a very cheap feeling car. looks cheap. no power. makes extremely annoying loud noises.(when you put it into drive, the blinkers, when the door lock). i hated it. it was definitely a car for a first time driver. lol. i'm sure glad to have my RA back though. hope you get your's back soon. gl.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 09:16 PM

i had and es before my ralliart. now i don't want anything else. well... until i win the lottery adn buy my evo mr lol
Old Nov 11, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

just hang in there, my car was recently in the shop too. I just got it back on Wednesday. When I brought it in, they said it would take about 2 weeks, so I waited and wanted time to go by quick every single day. Then after 2 weeks, I called to see what was up and it wasn't even close to be ready, and they told me to wait one more week. So I did, looking forward to the next day, finally friday came (3 weeks) and no one called and I didn't call. Finally on last Saturday, they called me and said it would be ready on Sunday for sure, but I had no way of picking it up, so I had to wait. I ended up getting it on Wednesday as I said and it feels so dam good to be back in it. I surprised all of my friends at school, and became popular once again, lol. But during the full 8 weeks I didn't have my car, I've been getting rides from my parents and sometimes from my friends to and fro from school. It sucked, but just hang it there man, it'll only be a matter of time!
Old Nov 11, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

i feel your pain. i had to give up my evo for two weeks from my recent accident. in its place, the lowest of low base model ford focus zx4 with power NOTHING AT ALL. it was a point a to b car, and absolutely nothing more. hope you get yours back soon.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 10:00 AM

i now exacly how yall feel. my car is in the show as we speek its been in there for the past 3 weeks. god i want my car back. im been driving a toyota corolla i feel like im driving a monster truck. its so high my head almost touches the roof of the car. its horrible. its a base corolla no cd player! i want my ra back now. anyways i have like 1 day with it left im getting back my lancer on monday (hopefully).
Old Nov 13, 2005, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ralliartist
... 2004 Kia Rio. Let's talk about the Rio, shall we? It's pretty short, so I can't really stretch my legs out, even with the seat all the way back. Back seat room? None. So comfy? Not so much. Cheap feeling EVERYTHING. Seats, dash, door, steering wheel... I mean everything. It's seriously the cheapest feeling car I have ever driven. It makes the least expensive Lancer look like a Benz. And performance? Well, it took 15 seconds to get to 60 mph from a dead stop. It's SLOW. And weak.

My friend was given an automatic rio, but the funny thing is that when you were on a hill, it rolled back when you let go the brake even though it was in drive.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor

What is the Rally package?
Old Nov 13, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

The "Rally Package" is the cargo net, door sills and chrome exhaust tip.

Yeah, it's doesn't have much to do with rally cars, does it?

This year it was replaced with the much more aptly named "Appearance Package."
Old Nov 13, 2005, 09:49 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The "Rally Package" is the cargo net, door sills and chrome exhaust tip.

Yeah, it's doesn't have much to do with rally cars, does it?

This year it was replaced with the much more aptly named "Appearance Package."
But now it includes a Vortex Generator. Something new for some Evo snobs to whine about.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

you should take the rio off some sweet jumps
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
LOL!!! I like the way you think.

But... I don't think it can do inclines...
Old Nov 13, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

lol, yep. Same problem here when I brought it in for service. I ended up with a dirty @ss Dodge Neon base model. I couldn't even hardly see through the window it had so much residue on it. When I got the car back the dealer had not fixed the issue, so I had to bring it back for another week or so. I told the service manager that the car I got last time was not anywhere near what my car was, sub compact class or not. The guy from the Enterprise shop picked me up in another neon and dropped me off at a four door Chevy Silverado. Thats more like it. Don't rent enterprise. The neon was filthy and the truck had a really nasty body odor smell. They don't give a crap about there cars, at least in Charlotte.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

LOL!!! I like the way you think.

But... I don't think it can do inclines...
It might not make it up the inclines, too steep
Old Nov 13, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
Shocks! Pegs! Lucky!
Attached Images