Notices

A/C Heater, Defrost not working??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/C Heater, Defrost not working??

one day after coming back from a roadtrip my rear window was fogging up so i noticed my rear defrost wouldn't turn on, the heat and a/c stopped working also. i read through the forum couldn't find anything. has anybody had this problem??
Old Apr 1, 2006, 09:50 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Check your fuses. Those controls are probably all on the same fuse.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:24 AM

i checked the fuses for for the defrost and the heater both 30a where not blown i dont know if the aftermarket deck could be problem with all the wiring pushing back so if anybody else has any ideas?? thanx
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You might have unplugged your HVAC controls when you pushed the radio in. Since the fuses all checked out good, pull out your radio and make sure everything's good with the wiring in there.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:54 AM

Angry

i just took the deck out looked around and i could only see 2 connector behind the fan knob and it seemed to be connected still no a/c
Old Apr 2, 2006, 06:12 PM

Angry

i checked two 30a fuses in the car they weren't blown tryin to look behind the deck does anybody know if theres any other fuses that i should check and what i should be lookin for when i take the cd deck out?? thanx
Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When you say no A/C, do you mean the blower doesn't blow, or the air it blows isn't cold?

Do any of the HVAC controls work other than the floor/dash/defrost selector and hot/cold? Those are run by cables, so wouldn't be affected by wiring/power problems.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
When you say no A/C, do you mean the blower doesn't blow, or the air it blows isn't cold?

Do any of the HVAC controls work other than the floor/dash/defrost selector and hot/cold? Those are run by cables, so wouldn't be affected by wiring/power problems.
it doesn't blow any air at all, and the defrost doesn't work either, i'm pretty stupped because theres no mitsubishi dealership in my city, the dealer is 5 hours away
Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

check your main fuses under the hood
Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by ralliart 04
check your main fuses under the hood
do you know exactly what fuse under the hood?? and do you know how to take the fuses out the yellow casing in the fuse box under the hood?? i broke off the plastic cover over the battery terminal is that gonna do any damage?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

is ther anything els in the car that isnt working properly? just asking cause when it happened to me i messed up a couple other things to , like my keyless entry , my pasenger side tail light, my dimmer , my rear defrost and my heater contols , all of those things some how affected each other so eventhogh you heater aint workin it might not be that fuse it could be another fuse that links to it.

long story short my problem was the fuses in that little yellow casing like you said , i had no special way of removing them , i just kept fiddleing with them until i got them out , if they are your problem make sure you replace them with the same amp fuse or you could fry your electrical system. plus even if you replace them they will probably blow again if the problem isnt fixed that made them blow in the first place.

what kept makin mine blowout was the wire that i used to power my headunit , it was drawing to much power from that souce wich cased everything to go . dose this sound like the problem your having?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:10 PM

the only thing that is affected right now is the heater, defrost (it's not blowing any air). i blew a fuse before shorted out the deck, keyless, power locks.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

ill see if i can find somthing in the repair manuel.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

heres what i found so far , relays c-215 and c-216 are your rear window defogger and your blower motor relays in that order and c-125 is you blower swith , i would check those too.

they are located in the fuse box under the dash c-215 and 16 or the first two at the top on the right they should have the codes printed on them.

you can have them tested to see if they are still good , or just replace them
i hope that helps out.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

as far as the little yellow box that the fuses are in, just give them a good ole yank with the needle nose and itll come right out. however i am a little confused as to the symptoms of this. the rear window defroster wont work, and the blendor will not allow hot air to blow on the winshield?

Quick Reply: A/C Heater, Defrost not working??