Notices

A/C Heater, Defrost not working??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somthing like that, it just seems that he aint gettin any power to the rear window defrost or the blower motor , and i think thier both ran of the same switch but have seperate relays. i thought it would be good for him to check those since he cant find a blown fuse.

by the way akdmks , any luck yet getting getting those fuses out ?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mitsutech005
as far as the little yellow box that the fuses are in, just give them a good ole yank with the needle nose and itll come right out. however i am a little confused as to the symptoms of this. the rear window defroster wont work, and the blendor will not allow hot air to blow on the winshield?
ya the rear defrost doesnt work and it doesn't blow any air what so ever :S this is gettin frustrattin the dealership for mitsubishi is 5 hours away and the garage in this town have a hard time sayin and spelling mitsubishi like they never hurd of these cars.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

so no air is blown no mater what setting the blendoor is set on? not even to your feet?
Old Apr 4, 2006, 07:13 AM

so no air is blown no mater what setting the blendoor is set on? not even to your feet?
no air at all in any position, and the worst part of it, it started snowin up north again its gettin cold and i'm having to drive my car with foggy windows, and i also had just taken my winter tires off :S somebody please save me
Old Apr 4, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

and everything else works?
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:24 PM

and everything else works?
everything else in the car seems to be working fine only the blower hvac controls dont work
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:53 PM

im still clueless on the blower situation yet i noticed another problem tonight, i'm pretty sure lancers have runnin lights as soon as u turn the car on well i dont have any which seems cool since i like rollin up on people at night with no lights on but i need to fix this problems as well b4 other **** stops working. anybody know bout the running lights?? thanx since theres no mitsubishi dealers near my city i'm gonna have to bring it in to the chrysler dealership if i can't figure this sh*t out. thanx for all the previous suggestions
Old Apr 8, 2006, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

Get a multimeter and set it to continuity testing.

Pull the cover under the hood and you should see two silver spots on each fuse. Touch each probe to opposite silver parts on the same fuse. Set it to BEEP for continuity.

Just test each one until you come across one that doesn't beep and replace it. Do that to all of the fuses. Make sure the car is off and keys out of the ignition so that no power is running across the fuses.

If you check ALL of your fuses and none are bad ... I don't know what to tell you unless our cars have fusible links anywhere. I know my 80s cars had some... but I do not know about 2000+ vehicles as they are new to me.

Mike
Old Apr 10, 2006, 12:21 PM

so the car got brought into chrysler dealership 150 bux later they said it was because of the aftermarket stereo and isn't covered under warranty wtf
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:05 PM

i have a 2004 lancer es and my radio,A/C, or clock dont power on. any clue what might be the reason
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Check the fuses under the dashboard and the fuses in the engine bay.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 01:05 PM

Ok so I know this thread is old but I'm desperate so I could care less at this point. I'm in the same boat as the op on this thread but my hvac got fried by some metal touching part of the circuit board. I replaced the board, checked all fuses and relays and cannot find the problem. Nothing runs on the hvac panel except for the lights. Somehow those still work. But no blower no AC Amo defroster. I read something in the manual about fusible links but I have no idea where those would be. Also I cannot find a fuse for this panel specifically controling the blower WTF?!?!
I need all the help I can get because it's freezing here and half the time I can barely see out my windshield. Not to mention it's like -15°

Help me EvolutionM, you're my only hope!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
how did you check the relay? also how did metal touch the board?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
how did you check the relay? also how did metal touch the board?
I was trying to wire up LED lighting for the panel and my positive terminal for my led touched some of the solders on the board. Still had the power on because I wasn't planing on starting to wire anything in yet just mocking up the led placement . Leds flashed heard a lot of clicking, smoke then at first the little led defroster light still turns on when boutton was pressed same with AC then none of them. No bouttons no fan.

I tested the relays by first under hood swapping the horn relay with what looked to be the AC system relay (marked with a snowflake) in the skinny box next to the main fuse box. No changes. Then under dash, I took my power window relay and swapped it with the blower relay, then the defroster relay. In both cases nothing changed and my windows still went up and down with the different relays. All relavant fuses look to be in tact so I'm totally stumped at this point. I also have an aftermarket stereo but this has never presented an issue.

I had gotten a second circuit board and had someone replace the one bad resistor it had with one from the original board that looked to be in tact. Pluged in same issue.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
so the "new" board required components, and was mofidied?

Quick Reply: A/C Heater, Defrost not working??