Notices

How's the Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty much status quo with what everyone else has said......

It will be a nice upgrade from the OZ.....they are night and day IMO. You will own your short fat neighbor in the Focus when you get this.

The RA is VERY torquey and handles well. Great car for the price. And BTW---- I can beat Evo's in AutoX with it (but maybe that is all driver) , with very few mods.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you're up for a bit of a drive to get a test drive, I'm about an hour from Rockford.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, i think you guys convinced me. i already knew i was gonna get it, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't in for any disappointments. ill prolly go make the deal in june or july. just gotta get that test drive in before that. the dealer said theyre getting one in may. ill prolly go test that one and then go back in june, put down a deposit, and have them order one from another dealer.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 07:10 PM

Take an OZ,add nicer body pieces, improve the suspension for handling, lower the car, add bigger brakes in the front and discs all around, take out the 2.0L engine and install a2.4L with variable valve timing from a Galant.
Modern way of doing what they did to make musclecars in the sixties. Take a Belvedere, beef up the suspension, put in a 383 from the Fury.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

I test drove a RA and loved it. Accleration is so nice compared to the OZ. If you can afford to swap I would do it. You are saving yourself a ton of work to get a oz to ralliart levels. plus bigger more advanced motor is gonna have better results from mods. and you can go na and still be relatively fast. not so much the case with oz
Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

believe me you wont be disappointed, I use to be a really big honda fan, I had an evo....then i got into an accident and totalled it. I got me the RA and I am impressed with the powerband and not to mention the impressive gains with minor bolt ons, i have out driven civics with b18 swaps at auto x as well as those dang Tc's. The engine has so much potential. All we have to do is unlock the potential. In puerto rico they have a 600whp RA tuned by Turbo Tech PR!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

ok, please dont hate too bad on me, but seriously; if youre going to step up to a ralliart, why wouldnt you get a civic si?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:17 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dexmix
ok, please dont hate too bad on me, but seriously; if youre going to step up to a ralliart, why wouldnt you get a civic si?
Price, for one. New SI's are $20k, but you can pick up a brand new Ralliart for under $17k OTD. Second, the Ralliart has 4 doors, more practical for many people. Third, torque. Yeah, the new SI has nearly 200 HP, but it only has about 130 ft/lbs of torque. Makes the Ralliart more easily drivable day to day. The only things the SI has, that matter to me, is a 6 spd trans and a LSD.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dexmix
... because this is evoM.net not 8thcivic.com. If he wanted an opinion no a civic si, wouldn't he just ask a civic board?... think about it...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

i think for what it is it is a great car. my friend has a oz and one day we took off and he was like what the hell do u have in that car. he didnt realize the diff between the ra and the oz. i told best way i have to compare the car is that the ra is to the oz like the the evo is to the ra.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
if you wanna kill almost anything out theare get the RalliArt
my kill list

9 homda civics
2 tc's
1 vr6
3 FORD FOUCUS
Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

DAmn, if we start with kill posts I would surely crash this board. In review...Every Corolla and MAtrix Xrs that Ive ever come across, Every RSX as well. ...to put it shorter

The only times Ive been killed:
Mustang 5.0(had to squeeze nitrous to get me)
Nissan Sentra with a japanese VVL engine(produces up to 205 hp stock and it was modified)
H22 Prelude Modified and I was stock at the time
Another Ralliart(Ported and Decked head)

Anything else Ive run with Ive won...and Ive run A LOT
Old Apr 6, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
When I was shopping for mine, I had an issue of Motor trend that had a chart of performance specs of all new cars. At the time the RA was the fastest fwd na 4cly. I also thought it was cool that is was also faster than nearly all v6 and some v8. I can't find an issue lying around with that chart now. I do remeber MT's tested 1/4 time for the RA in 04' was 14.97. Skidpad was just over .8.
162hp and 162 torque.

can build some good $h!t!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by biglou360
if you wanna kill almost anything out theare get the RalliArt
my kill list

9 homda civics
2 tc's
1 vr6
3 FORD FOUCUS

I've got a big list, but was most proud of the 98 camaro and 88 Mustang 5.0
Old Apr 6, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

4 doors and a better pricetag OTD are great reasons to get a a ralliart.

torque however isnt the greatest reason. honda makes up for it with a higher final drive and shorter gear ratios. i wouldnt be surprised if the applied torque was the same as the ralliart.

I've always been a honda guy, and a K20 with a decent turbo kit consistantly makes 300fwhp... which will easily take a stock evo from a roll. so if i only had 20K to start off with, i would easily go fo the SI for the performance gains and the huge aftermarket.