Notices

How's the Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Buy a RalliArt... Stand out and be unique.

Buy a civic... join the million other owners in your area (Many of whom earn a bad rep for being rice.)
Old Apr 6, 2006, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by dexmix
torque however isnt the greatest reason. honda makes up for it with a higher final drive and shorter gear ratios. i wouldnt be surprised if the applied torque was the same as the ralliart.

I've always been a honda guy, and a K20 with a decent turbo kit consistantly makes 300fwhp... which will easily take a stock evo from a roll. so if i only had 20K to start off with, i would easily go fo the SI for the performance gains and the huge aftermarket.
Sorry hondaguy, your wrong...
Ralliart Torque - 162 @4000rpms
Si Torque - 139 @6100rpms

Don't even mention a "turbo kit", a ralliart with a decent turbo kit could make 5,000hp and can take any modify evo from a roll, dig, mountain top, on skis, skateboard and in a game of monopoly. Any car can be made fast with a turbo, but Ill go with the car that making more torque with the snail.

Since you seem to be blinder than a bat, if a guy came in the evo forum and ask "how is the evo", do you tell him...
"ok, please dont hate too bad on me, but seriously; if youre going to step up to a evo, why wouldnt you get a STi?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
ok, please dont hate too bad on me, but seriously; if youre going to step up to a ralliart, why wouldnt you get a civic si?
Im thinking why you didnt got the si and got the evo? the difference in money would be suficient to get every mod for the honda (good for 300hp +) and leave you some money left on your pocket !!!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:19 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Enough about the SI, back to the Ralliart. That's what we're here for. Use the Ralliart Vs. thread if you want to persue the SI thing.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really wanted to know what the reasoning was behind cableguy's decision

at least cableguy and lancer7 gave mature responses.
ie:
4 doors
price point
originality
negative image associated with the civic

its nice to know some of you are passionate about your car, but seriously... at least learn what applied torque has to do with gear ratios and final drives before you try to make someone else look dumb.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancer7
I've got a big list, but was most proud of the 98 camaro and 88 Mustang 5.0
good kill bro, nyce to know our cars are runing that hard
Old Apr 7, 2006, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

The torque makes a huge difference. Being different is another advantage. The cops not constantly checking you out is a third.

Most people don't know what I'm driving, I have a sportback. I come from mostly smalll sport cars but needed something bigger for the family and I don't regret it. My only regret is that I don't have time or money to modify it.

-Joe
Old Apr 7, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Get the ralliart...even an automatic is fun but go stick(i had no choice cause i got a wagon) smoke the tires quick so you dont feel bad about getting new ones(better ones!) just to give you an idea ...i dont think any other 4 cylinder 4 door car has been tested by Motortrend to be faster than the ralliart ,only 4 cyl turbo cars ..closest is the SE-R spec V and that comes down to driver skills...oh and for those SI coments ...i followed one last week and i bet anything a good driver with a 5 speed ralliart and good tires can smoke one in the 1320...
Old Apr 7, 2006, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

The new Si got nothing on the RA, Ive already tested. And beating a nearly 200 hp car with a 162 car by around 8 car lenghts aint right. Anyways, Ive never been a fan on HA so, Abusing it was just the beggining
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
to give you a different perspective from the real world...

my friend with a mustang GT (auto) was following me down a wickedly windy road, and he was trying to keep up. I went around a very sharp turn (were talking an f350 could barely make this turn slow) at about 35 maybe 40 and i came out fine with alotta tire squeal, and my friend behind me going SLOWER slid into the ditch and totaled his mustang.

i know i know the mustang isnt the best cornering car by far by hey, its still a GT mustang.

the ralliart also sticks to the road well at high speeds....real life example...
i went around a shallow corner in a vw beetle at 85 and slid almost completely sideways, and somehow lived to tell about it. i can go around the same corner in the RA at welll over 100 with no problems.

also, i have an 06 STi...and yes the STi would own the RA anyday...BUT with a bit more power and better rubber, it would quickly become a serious contender.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

no way will i ever own a honda. everyone and there brother has a civic. i used to be quite a vw guy. i used to have 90 Jetta, then a 98 jetta vr6-i loved it, and mom has a 01 beetle 1.8t. traded the 90 for the 98 and then traded the jetta for the oz. big power loss, but the jetta was falling apart, w/ 180,000 on it. ever since i got the oz, i fell in love with it. i just want a little more power, so i decided on the Ralliart. id keep the oz, but it was a poor buy. didnt do enough research on it before i bought it. 50,000 on it for 2 years old. plus it was a leased vehicle and i didnt know it at the time. so ill just go with the Ralliart.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

if you did get a new car then congrats!
Old Apr 10, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cableguy5752
no way will i ever own a honda. everyone and there brother has a civic. i used to be quite a vw guy. i used to have 90 Jetta, then a 98 jetta vr6-i loved it, and mom has a 01 beetle 1.8t. traded the 90 for the 98 and then traded the jetta for the oz. big power loss, but the jetta was falling apart, w/ 180,000 on it. ever since i got the oz, i fell in love with it. i just want a little more power, so i decided on the Ralliart. id keep the oz, but it was a poor buy. didnt do enough research on it before i bought it. 50,000 on it for 2 years old. plus it was a leased vehicle and i didnt know it at the time. so ill just go with the Ralliart.
I will never buy a VW after their latest commercials...
Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

^yeah i dont know what those commercials are about, but the need to hire a new marketer.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Well, I finally test drove a Ralliart today. I had to drive 85 miles to do it, but I did it. Muller Honda in Highland Park-Chicago area.

It was great. Much more power than my OZ. And I love the seats. They're so comfortable and supportive.

It was a 2004 red Ralliart. About 18,000 miles. I think they wanted 15 or 16g for it. So myself and the salesman took it out and putted around the slow speed zones for about 20 minutes. Then we jumped on the highway, I think he said it was 41. Ran it up to about 110mph and he started telling me I should slow down. I said shut up or get out, because I'm testing it the way I test cars.

We finally got back to the dealership, went inside, he changed his pants j/k, and he said "So now that you've beat the hell out of it, what do I have to do for you to take it home today". I said "Nothing, because I don't want it, red is not my color". I think it is a pretty good deal, because it has low miles and it's in immaculate condition. But I want silver and I want a brand new one.

Now I just have to come up with a little bit of cash for the down payment. Then I'll go down to the dealer by my house and have them order me one. I'm sold.