Notices

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES/DE/GTS and Ralliart [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you gnusmaS!

Another article...this one from Australia: http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0...-21822,00.html
Old Dec 5, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Save up boys, lets get this new turbo lancer!
Old Dec 5, 2006, 07:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got to talk to my peoples at Mitsu today. Lancer is really going to be nice. The ones to debut at Detroit are in hiding as we speak. Car is better than we all thought too!

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 5, 2006, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ROCK
Got to talk to my peoples at Mitsu today. Lancer is really going to be nice. The ones to debut at Detroit are in hiding as we speak. Car is better than we all thought too!

ROAD/RACE
they have a couple in cypress right now. they were messing with a GTS model sitting next to a yellow european evo 7
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:18 AM
Evolved Member

Theres 3 models. The ES, Concept-X and GTS!

The new Lancer rides on the same next-generation platform employed by the company's Outlander on-road SUV for outstanding crash safety and rigidity. The powertrain mates a new high output (152 hp) low emission 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC*1 engine to a 6-speed SportronicR CVT*2 transmission. This is the first Mitsubishi vehicle destined for the North American market to offer a CVT. Some trim levels are offered with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters that allow the driver to shift gears manually without taking his hand off the wheel. Delivering outstanding economy and environmental performance, the driveline is complemented by an equipment and appointments specification that elevates driving enjoyment to a new level in a total package that satisfies all the requirements for a next-generation sport sedan.

This is all confirmed by Mitsubishi!
Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

-

I was told that the models would be DE, SE and GTS... and BTW, Concept-X is the name of a concept car they showed last year.

ROB: You guys should come out with a CAI for the start of the sales of the car (May I think)... that would be really cool.

-

Last edited by WoRkZ; Dec 11, 2006 at 07:18 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by MITVRX
Theres 3 models. The ES, Concept-X and GTS!
This is all confirmed by Mitsubishi!
Eh, close... but not exact,
The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer will be available in three levels of trim and driving dynamics: DE, ES and the sport-tuned GTS.
That has been confirmed by MMNA. Ralliart and Evo X to be shown very soon.

Anyways, MORE PICS:

Last edited by Arithmetic; Dec 11, 2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Courtesy of edmunds.com
The new-generation Lancer models arrive in Mitsubishi dealerships in early 2007, drawing on the lines of the Mitsubishi Concept-X first shown in 2005. The car features a "shark-nosed" front end inspired by jet fighter air intakes, a distinct wedge-like profile and crisp, taut lines, the company said. The car is based on a new global platform that also forms the foundation of the new Mitsubishi Outlander SUV.

All Lancers will be powered by an all-new 2.0-liter 152-horsepower four-cylinder engine mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The new Lancer will also be the first Mitsubishi in North America to offer an optional continuously variable transmission. Mitsubishi says the Lancer will be available in three levels of trim and driving dynamics: DE, ES and the sport-tuned GTS.
Courtesy of MMNA
December 11, 2006 -- Cypress, Calif. --
Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) will introduce, at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January, the all-new, 2008 Lancer compact sport sedan, delivering driven-to-thrill dynamics, "class-up" value, advanced safety and available cutting-edge user-technology in an aggressively styled package. The new-generation Lancer models arrive in Mitsubishi dealerships in early 2007.

The 2008 Lancer brings the bold, dynamic lines of the show-stopping Mitsubishi Concept-X to the showroom. First shown in 2005, the stunning Concept X previewed not only the next generation Mitsubishi compact sport sedan, but also a new design language to convey an unmistakable brand identity. A "shark-nosed" front end inspired by jet fighter air intakes, a distinct wedge-like profile and crisp, taut lines highlight the Lancer's exciting new design.

The 2008 Lancer is based on a new performance-engineered global platform that also forms the foundation of the new Mitsubishi Outlander SUV. It has a longer wheelbase and wider track, but slightly shorter overall length than the previous model. All Lancer models are powered by an all-new 2.0-liter 152 hp aluminum DOHC MIVEC 4-cylinder engine (143 hp PZEV in Calif.) teamed to a 5-speed manual transmission. The new Lancer is the first Mitsubishi in North America to offer an optional continuously variable transmission (CVT). When equipped with the CVT, the Lancer GTS exclusively features a 6-step Sportronic(R) mode using magnesium steering wheel paddle shifters.

The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer will be available in three levels of trim and driving dynamics: DE, ES and the sport-tuned GTS.
Key Specifications
Wheelbase: 103.7 in
Length: 180.0 in.
Height: 58.7 in.
Width: 69.4 in.
Curb weight range: (DE w/ 5-speed) to 3,109 lbs. (GTS w/ CVT)
Originally Posted by gnusmaS
ok, check my profile (my posts, not many btw)
you'll see that i was the one who posted pictures of the concept x rally edition... (FYI NO ONE EVEN SAID THANK YOU in that post....)

i also posted more pictures of evo x when it was released....
i also posted various info's of future lancer and evo...

Evo x "prototype" will be shown in january at detroit show (no pictures of it)

but the pictures of the new lancer will be shown THIS MONTH!!! (and a lot sooner than you all think, i know the the date but i will not disclose it)

i have seen the pictures of the new lancer and lancer ralliart...
looks badass

base lancer in us market will be powered by a new 2.0L 4B11 DOHC MIVEC around 150HP

but the lancer ralliart will have the turbocharged 2.0 4B11T DOHC MIVEC and you wont believe the HP RATINGS!! (pm me :-D )

you probably want to know if it 4WD OR AWD? (you'll have to wait till january)!

if you dont believe me (check my previous posts) that's fine by me, you'll see soon enough that i was giving you the real specifications....

before you respond, DO CHECK MY PREVIOUS POSTS!
WTH?

First off, who are you and what are you talking about? We don't owe you anything, as you have not done or shown anything that has not been posted in this thread already concering the new lancer. I made this thread back in july, almost a full 2months before you even register on evoM, and have been updating it ever since with new info, photos and video. Please, cry to somebody who cares,
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

damm thats good lookin
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

it's all about the OG 04 Lancer RA, that's what I have and I'm glad I do. I don't like the new look too much, but it's ok.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

wow it looks alright, I'm sure I will grow to like the front end. To wedge-shaped for me. Nice engine though. Almost like an Acura mixed with a mazda.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Overall - really nice. The body shape is right on the money. Two negatives that stand out to me though are the massive wheel gap in the front - way more than the current model ralliart, and the chrome accent around the front grill - should be black or none.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

none of the pictures posted are the ralliart or evo x. we dont know what to expect for the look of the ralliart. so cant compare wheel gap to a ralliart.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsupwr
none of the pictures posted are the ralliart or evo x. we dont know what to expect for the look of the ralliart. so cant compare wheel gap to a ralliart.
Well, if you read the articles for what they say there is no Ralliart model...that the "GTS" will be the top of the line "Lancer", and well of course there'll be an Evo.

That is unless they are somehow going to wrap the RA up as a part of the evo line-up...

And although this prettymuch says the same as above, here's the link for motortrend's article on it...

http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...subishi_lancer

Personally thought, not a fan of the front end, looks too much like the bastard child of a volvo and the new civic...

And that's pretty gay that it'll be a CVT transmission with paddle shifters to essentially "pretend" to be a 6 speed in the gts....
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:54 PM

I think it looks nice....can't wait to see what will the RA and EVO looks like....

The CVT is a nice touch, looks like that's where all car maker are heading, CVT and manual, no more AUTO tranny, which makes sense. why you need Auto when you have CVT.

Interesting tho that lexus came out with the 8 spd AUTO on their flagship model.....

Quick Reply: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES/DE/GTS and Ralliart [MERGED]