Notices

Needed: New Rear Bumper, Black 2004

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needed: New Rear Bumper, Black 2004

I was driving today and got rear ended, I was going into a corner going about 20 miles per hour, and I got rear ended by a 16 year old black girl going 45 miles per hour. My back bumper has 2 holes in it from her licence plate bracket, and its dropped about a half inch on the passanger side.

The cop wouldn't allow me to tell my side of the story, he accepted that i had "cut this girl off" which i didnt because she was following me for a half mile, she admited i taped my breaks several times before actually slowing down (she was following close) and the officer didnt even give her a damn ticket! The officer didnt take the names of anyone in her vehicle, didnt take the name of my passanger, didn't file a report. I feel discriminated against. But the worst part is, I can't do anything about it because he wont file a report.

So if anybody can help me out with a back bumper, preferably black to help me with cost, that would be great. I'll pay you what it is worth, or we can talk about a trade of some sort.

Thanks alot,
Scott
Old Oct 24, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

lawyer time! (will that even help??)

good luck with the bumper
Old Oct 24, 2006, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

should have gotten his badge number and reported him.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

yah he was a total jerk, he even took a pesonal cell phone call during the investigation
Old Oct 24, 2006, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

wow i hope you got her information!!
Old Oct 24, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

i didn't want her to have my info, my luck she would show up in court injured and i would get sued, I think it will be cheaper to fix it myself since she didnt get a ticket for it. I can claim it on MY insurance and pay lots of money when my insurance goes up. Damn Michigan insurance no-fault crap
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

morning bump
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

well, looks like I made up my mind, Southgate Mitsubishi wants $482 for the bumper, RRM wants $270ish for Evo 9 rear bumper. Looks like an easy choice there.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

wow that sucks, in my island if you hit someone's behind you are the one who get F*ckup!, no matter what if you hit someone in front of you , youre owned! because you didnt maintain the distance (thats the explanation of the cops)

Sorry my english its pretty bad, hehehe
Old Oct 25, 2006, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by egk-69
wow that sucks, in my island if you hit someone's behind you are the one who get F*ckup!, no matter what if you hit someone in front of you , youre owned! because you didnt maintain the distance (thats the explanation of the cops)

Sorry my english its pretty bad, hehehe
Your english is good, but that's how I thought it was here too. If you get hit from behind you're usually never at fault, I guess not.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

i kinda kept going over the details with my mom and we came up with the conclusion that maybe the cop was doing me a favor. It was clear the girls were lying and would take it to court. The officer advised me that people like that show up injured in court frequently when he came to talk to me. He didnt right up any report of any kind. So it looked like he did me a big favor.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
i kinda kept going over the details with my mom and we came up with the conclusion that maybe the cop was doing me a favor. It was clear the girls were lying and would take it to court. The officer advised me that people like that show up injured in court frequently when he came to talk to me. He didnt right up any report of any kind. So it looked like he did me a big favor.
but it doesnt matter...dont know where you live but here in jersey no matter how bad the accident if you rear end someone YOUR at fault and you AUTOMATICALLY have to be given a ticket for, like said earlier, not maintaining the proper distance...my dad rear ended a woman doing 50 cause she decided to stop short for a duck that stepped out in the road..she was on her cell too..he has a g35 sedan and his tires are practically bald and it was wet out and the cop said i know you tried to stop and keep from hitting her but you did and i gotta give oyu a ticket but he was real nice to my dad about it....jus thow it goes, if you rear end...you gotta bite it
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

i don't have to worry about it anymore
Old Oct 27, 2006, 07:37 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralli04
but it doesnt matter...dont know where you live but here in jersey no matter how bad the accident if you rear end someone YOUR at fault and you AUTOMATICALLY have to be given a ticket for, like said earlier, not maintaining the proper distance...my dad rear ended a woman doing 50 cause she decided to stop short for a duck that stepped out in the road..she was on her cell too..he has a g35 sedan and his tires are practically bald and it was wet out and the cop said i know you tried to stop and keep from hitting her but you did and i gotta give oyu a ticket but he was real nice to my dad about it....jus thow it goes, if you rear end...you gotta bite it
Michigan insurance laws work differently, which is why CF-Ninja is saying don't worry about it.