Notices

I enjoy my Ralliart, but I think it's cursed!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2007, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoy my Ralliart, but I think it's cursed!

I’m seriously beginning to think my Ralliart is cursed, you be the judge:

1. Upon delivery, I noticed there was a couple of small scrapes on her. One on the rear bumper under the license plate and on the front door’s black trim. I asked the salesperson at Suburban if those could be addressed before I bought it and he said of course, no problem. After several attempts to book a successful appointment, it finally went in for repair. A week later, no car and the work still had not been done. Long story short, it took three trips back and over two weeks to get it right.
2. A month later she was dented in a parking lot, and thus my whole, long debacle with Progressive (see here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=238693), and she’s still not 100%
3. Brought her back to Suburban Mitsubishi this past Monday to have the shocks replaced because they were squeaking and they backed my Ralliart into a pole or something because there now is a crease and scrape vertically on the rear bumper. Suburban says they will fix it, although I have not heard back from them yet.
4. Suspension squeak has returned
5. Now today I get a call from my credit union that the title has not been received since I purchased her in August. Called the DMV, there is a hold on it because Suburban never signed the application.

I’m getting a bad feeling about this
Old Jan 18, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like it's the dealership that's the problem, not the car.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Doesn's sound like the car is cursed; sounds more to me like the dealership is full of jacka$$es! Is there any other dealer you can take it to?
Old Jan 18, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by twentyone
Sounds like it's the dealership that's the problem, not the car.
Yep.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bummer dude. but at least you got a SPORTBACK!!!
Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by socal73
Doesn's sound like the car is cursed; sounds more to me like the dealership is full of jacka$$es! Is there any other dealer you can take it to?
Yeah, I know the dealership is to blame for some of the issues, the thing is I've never had so many issues, dents, etc. in such a short period of time with any other car I've ever owned. I mean I've only had her a little over four months!
Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:33 PM
Edd

well ive had mine for like 5months now and:

-it came with a black sharpie line mark on the left door rear view mirror
-when i took it out of the dealer it ran out of gas and had to push it to the gas station
-the guy who did the sale lost all the papers and had to do all the process again(car was out in the street for a week without insurance and papers and i didnt know)
-first week some kid kissed my bumper while i was still on a red light...
-some girl hit my front bumper with her yaris while trying to parallel park...in front of my face

PS....happiest 5 months with my RA...couldnt have asked more from this beast

Last edited by Edd; Jan 18, 2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 02:12 PM

yeah i too have had the same problem with my dealership over here...i took my RA in to get the breaks done because everytime i would back up the rear breaks would put out a loud hummmm....so i took it in, and they said they fixed it, i got my discount (since i used to work there and i had connections haha) and they stopped humming for about a week, now there doing it again, and even worse too...so everyone i used to work with there is gone and i dont know if i should go back there again...
Old Jan 18, 2007, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

When I got my car, they gave my car to me in the dark. It was covered in white overspray from sitting in a body shop somewhere. I had to take it back in to get all that fixed. It took them a while because I kept finding spots they missed. I was pretty mad about it.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:16 PM

in addition to my post, there was also a deep long scratch going down the hood that took forever for them to fix...and when i got it back it was covered in white dust from a crappy paint job, took them 3 times to get it right...christ...
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heartagram71
yeah i too have had the same problem with my dealership over here...i took my RA in to get the breaks done because everytime i would back up the rear breaks would put out a loud hummmm....so i took it in, and they said they fixed it, i got my discount (since i used to work there and i had connections haha) and they stopped humming for about a week, now there doing it again, and even worse too...so everyone i used to work with there is gone and i dont know if i should go back there again...

hey, i'm pretty sure the brake thing is normal, what happens is that rust develops overnight and in the morning when you apply the brakes slowly, it squeaks all loud. i get embarrassed everytime im in my car with my friends, but i just say my car is trying to talk to me ;P
Old Jan 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NorCal Lancer
hey, i'm pretty sure the brake thing is normal, what happens is that rust develops overnight and in the morning when you apply the brakes slowly, it squeaks all loud. i get embarrassed everytime im in my car with my friends, but i just say my car is trying to talk to me ;P
They probably resurfaced his rotors. The problem isn't the rotors. The problem is with the pads for all 04 RAs. 05 RAs come with updated pads.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:35 AM

sounds like you need to do business with another dealership.

Originally Posted by Edd
-when i took it out of the dealer it ran out of gas and had to push it to the gas station
i found this one funny, did you not look at the gas gauge? i would've told them to fill it up before i drove it away.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:19 PM
Edd

Originally Posted by teknix
sounds like you need to do business with another dealership.

i found this one funny, did you not look at the gas gauge? i would've told them to fill it up before i drove it away.
well yes the gauge was just a little bit up to the empty mark....maybe the mivec kicked in and owned me who knows....but damn i was pissed....it should have been enough to get to the gas station though
Old Jan 20, 2007, 02:12 PM

NorCal Lancer
yeah but it only makes that loud hum when im backing up...