Notices

Advice/Clarifications

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol... ill just reset it for the 15min to be save, prolly the time to put away the tools should be long enough
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

it really only takes 10 sec to reset the ECU. I sometimes have a SES light come on due to me not having a cat so it shows the error code of Cat efficientcy below threshold. so I just disconnect the negative cable for 10 sec put it back on and run the car hard. You dont need 5, 10, 15... too long. and if you do it right you reset the ecu but dont have to reset the radio stations -lol- if you have any presets anyways...
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:03 PM

^^Finally I see the answers that I like... Thanks Starlite Demon & EvoJutsu

Originally Posted by MITVRX
Poor fella, he has recieved like 6 different responses with each having the ecu reset at 5, 10, 15 minute intervals
Well, considering I haven't got any CEL, I would leave my battery as is. Don't plan on re-entering my radio presets if I don't really have to...
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I know it sounds real lazy but I just hate doing that when I get an SES light. Sometimes ill leave it and it goes off by itself but that is after a week or so -lol- I dont like that dang light since its just something that you are constantly reminded of that you whats it is by heart. Its like someone while you are driving is sayin 2+2=4 constantly. I think its become such a chore for me that if a light goes on its not "oh crap what wrong with the car!?" its more like "dangit! I have to re put my radio stations...!" -lol-