Notices

what mods can you buy now and will be compatible with the rrm turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2007, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what mods can you buy now and will be compatible with the rrm turbo?

for example, if you have a CAI, then you must remove it when you buy the rrm turbo. So what about the UDP? if you get that, can you still keep it when you get the turbo? basically if anyone can list me all the N/A/ mods from roadracemotorsports.com that is compatible once you get the rrm turbo kit! thank you
Old Apr 23, 2007, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

well if u upgrade ur injectors,fuel rail and I don't know bout fuel pump but the rrm turbo don't come with bigger injector they give an addinal injector I think not sure thou I don't have the rrm turbo...ur exhaust setup after manifold can stay the same way u had it on NA...cam or head if u do that as NA...
Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:10 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
As far as power mods go:
Catback/axleback exhaust
Ported IM
Ported/polished head
Underdrive pulley

Also, keep in mind that used parts for the Ralliart are rare, so you can pretty much count on getting a good price for anything you buy now and sell when you go turbo. I know I'd appreciate having more used parts available.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the parts you have left over fromt he turbo kit, sell them on this site and buy yourself a turbo timer... thats what i did.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

thanx guys. as for reselling, i want to try and avoid that because you'd end up getting possibly 50% what you paid for. its a waste of money to me...
Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
but your gonna have it sit in your closet donig absolutly nothing... sounds like another waste of money... get a 250 dollar CAI and sell it for 130, boom your half way there for a turbo timer... its not like your gonna buy another lancer and put THAT intake on THAT car... its just gonna sit there and collect dust... i was in the same position as you... i sold my CAI, my downpipe, and my piggyback, and i loved the money i got back for it
Old Apr 23, 2007, 08:03 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by NorCal Lancer
thanx guys. as for reselling, i want to try and avoid that because you'd end up getting possibly 50% what you paid for. its a waste of money to me...
You didn't read what I said. Used Ralliart parts are rare. The few parts I do see show up on the forums sell for around 75-80% of their original value, which is pretty damn good.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^i have no problem buying used parts so if your selling something let me know
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
but your gonna have it sit in your closet donig absolutly nothing... sounds like another waste of money... get a 250 dollar CAI and sell it for 130, boom your half way there for a turbo timer... its not like your gonna buy another lancer and put THAT intake on THAT car... its just gonna sit there and collect dust... i was in the same position as you... i sold my CAI, my downpipe, and my piggyback, and i loved the money i got back for it
na, i know what you mean, but that's the thing i want to avoid, buying parts that i will have to remove once i go turbo. if i avoid buying them in the first place, then i wont have anything to resell in the future! but i do agree, RA parts are pretty nice used, i got the RRM rear strut bar for $45 shipped! condition was near excellent too
Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Get a short ram intake for now or something. You can sell that for nearly full price if the filter is in good condition.

I would get a good suspension set up. The stock set up really wont handle the power of the turbo. You need some good rims and sticky tires, brake upgrade (if you plan on taking the car to the track) and Tein coilovers. This will make your car more fun to drive while it is NA, and be help you put the turbo power to the ground.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Lsd
Old Apr 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Theres a thread on this, if you search you'll find all the parts avaliable!
Old Apr 23, 2007, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
Get a short ram intake for now or something. You can sell that for nearly full price if the filter is in good condition.

I would get a good suspension set up. The stock set up really wont handle the power of the turbo. You need some good rims and sticky tires, brake upgrade (if you plan on taking the car to the track) and Tein coilovers. This will make your car more fun to drive while it is NA, and be help you put the turbo power to the ground.
yeah oer summer, my first mod will be the tein super street coilovers, then i think i will get UDP and a CAI, possibly injen (i hear you can switch from short ram to CAI with injen) i was gonna go for some rims at the end of summe,r but i think i need to saave up for college next year... but we'll see, coilovers for the win though.

oh and LSD is wayyy too pricey...
Old Apr 24, 2007, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

RRM told me that their camshaft is good for N/A and turbo, when i was ordering it i told them i might go turbo down the road and they said it will still work fine it'll just need a tune.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

i hear you man,
im cheap as hell too...
i wanna go turbo too... but if you wanna get some feel for power before you drop all your bills,
the CAI is nice,
i run an RRM, and i like it alot.
when i do go turbo, i am selling it.
but one thing i always see on here is the LSD
what are we talking about? what is an LSD?