Notices

*OLD* Offical Thread: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well regardless of specs or not one things for sure, the confirmation of the sti 5 door, beeing strictly a hatch, and a price tag of 38 for a fully equipped model, thats still absent of amenities, puts the evo and the Ralliart in very good standing to steal prospective buyers, the sti looks hideous, and the new imprezzas look like watered down chick cars, with nothing really over the previous model

Last edited by Thegreydevil219; Dec 8, 2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

yeah older wrx models were nice thats why they got alot of sales, but the new ones ive seen are ugly
and the lancers/evo/ra are sexy as me, except for the rear which is still a flavor to be aquired i think

over mitsu should come out on top
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think the wrx got decent sales from the awd and engine, the interior was terrible and exterior looks matched the interior(even on the sti). its mistu's time to shine once again.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...73.A13733.html

Confirms the new 2.4L going into the 2009 GTS.
Although it speaks nothing of the new Ralliart version, this confirms rumors of the 2.4L going into the 2009 GTS and being released in spring 2008. This tells me that the Ralliart will probably be released soon after as a 2009 model also.

Last edited by Eclipse2Lancer; Dec 11, 2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 01:57 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
/sells 2004 RA
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eclipse2Lancer
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...73.A13733.html

Confirms the new 2.4L going into the 2009 GTS.
Although it speaks nothing of the new Ralliart version, this confirms rumors of the 2.4L going into the 2009 GTS and being released in spring 2008. This tells me that the Ralliart will probably be released soon after as a 2009 model also.
According to that article, we can expect "rain sensing wipers" and "stability control" for 2009 as well.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

VRX model(top model, i think your gts equiv) comes already with rain sensing wipers here, and also night/dark sensing headlights
Old Dec 12, 2007, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Rain-sensing wipers has gotta be the most unnecessary piece of technology and I don't think many people realize it. I know it's "cool" and everything, but honestly, once the novelty wears off, who really wants that feature? I can figure out when to turn my wipers on thank you. I'd probably prefer not to have my wipers going off all *****-nilly or when there's not really enough rain on the windshield anyway. People seem to be in awe of this technology because it senses the rain, but c'mon... it's unnecessary. On the other hand, light/dark-sensing lights are very useful and worthwhile. It's not as easy to realize you need to turn your lights on as it is your wipers.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SamT83
Rain-sensing wipers has gotta be the most unnecessary piece of technology and I don't think many people realize it. I know it's "cool" and everything, but honestly, once the novelty wears off, who really wants that feature? I can figure out when to turn my wipers on thank you. I'd probably prefer not to have my wipers going off all *****-nilly or when there's not really enough rain on the windshield anyway. People seem to be in awe of this technology because it senses the rain, but c'mon... it's unnecessary. On the other hand, light/dark-sensing lights are very useful and worthwhile. It's not as easy to realize you need to turn your lights on as it is your wipers.
While I don't know how Mitsubishi's auto-wiper system works, all the ones I've seen (in premium brands like Lexus and BMW) auto adjust the wiper-speed based on the amount of water on the windshield. I think its very useful since I get sick of constantly adjusting my wiper speed when I'm driving around town or on the freeway in traffic.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 01:35 PM

This car seems like a great choice for those that want a daily driver, but still want to feel sporty. But more and more, I am doubting that this car will come in at $25k...once fully loaded with nav, hid etc it will probably be right about $30 imo.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

If they can automatically adjust, then I agree, that is a nice feature. At the same time though, I'm kinda particular about the view out my windshield and how the wipers go (whether it's too much, too little, making noise, whatever) so I'm skeptical if I'd really like it or not. Although driving around in rain changing to mist and back again today, I kinda was thinking it could be real useful if done right. In the end I'm more interested in power and handling over bells and whistles anyway, so whatever I guess. Now if those bells and whistles start driving the price up unnecessarily, that's a whole 'nother story!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:57 PM
XRS
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Option
While I don't know how Mitsubishi's auto-wiper system works, all the ones I've seen (in premium brands like Lexus and BMW) auto adjust the wiper-speed based on the amount of water on the windshield. I think its very useful since I get sick of constantly adjusting my wiper speed when I'm driving around town or on the freeway in traffic.
It should auto adjust. The rain sensing wipers on the Mazda 3 adjusts so I'm pretty sure they'll use either the same or similar unit. I hope they give it auto on headlights too since the 3 has those too, that is on the top of the line model. What I really want is a headlight sprayer though.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

ok back on topic, yeah
Old Dec 16, 2007, 04:29 PM

a new wrx is 24,995 after destination charge, with no options applied
Old Dec 16, 2007, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with stevo sorry srx. But ya, even though a new wrx is only roughly 25k, i still think with the rumors regarding the power and awd system and maybe one or 2 options, i see the new RA being around 27k....unfortunately.

Quick Reply: *OLD* Offical Thread: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart