Notices

It's Almost time! But I need help! a lot of answers needed!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's Almost time! But I need help! a lot of answers needed!

Hi everyone! i've been on this forum for quite a while now, basically since i got my RA back in Jan 2005 (04 model though). ANYWAYS, i've been coming to this forum ever since, even though i haven't had my car for the last year and a half, yes that is correct. dont want to go into details about why i dont, unless someone is really curious to know.

ANYWAYS, my car has been sitting somewhere and thats where some questions need to be answered.

first off, the battery is dead, whats a good battery to get at a reasonable price?

second, car has been sitting in one position for a year and a half, are the tires deformed now?

quick question here, when can you buy the registration for next year? (CA)

this next question is regarding the new steering wheel i bought off an evom member here, it was missing a few pieces so i need to know the part number. basically its the back part of the evo steering wheel, i attached images and they are circled in red. I also need those screws that i circled, anyone can help me on that?

another question is wut substance can i use to remove the gunk from debadging something, goo gone?

ok, these are all the questions I can think of right now, please if anyone knows any answer, dont hesitate to answer! I should be getting my car back next tuesday after a year and a half, so i want to know these things before I reunite with my baby! thank you for reading!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:59 PM
Account Disabled

DUI possibly? oh well it's not my business. can't help with the steering wheel, but goo be gone should work.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:13 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
On the battery, just any ol' battery will do. Run to Sears and grab a Die Hard, unless you want to spend some extra money and get a mini battery or Optima.

Tires are possibly flat spotted, you'll have to inspect them, they could be fine if they were protected from sunlight/uv rays. If not, they could be dried out (or on their way there.)
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

plus, it may not be cheap, but i would have most of the fluids changed out (mainly oil, coolant, trans fluid, and maybe just check the brake fluid)

IMO easier if you DIY if you know how, but deff worth money if you plan on taking care of that car
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

wouldnt it be covered under warranty? dam cuz i am gonna make a 400 mile drive soon to san diego...
Old Jan 4, 2008, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

where can i buy goo gone? i went to kragen and they dont have it, haha. oh yeah, i really need that steering wheel part number! can anyone tell me it or direct me to where i can find it? thanks! i ended up getting my car back yesterday! my 04 RA has a hair over 12k miles on it! everything seems to run fine! anyways, i will be a socal ra in just a few days! SD to be exact!