Notices

Need help painting!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help painting!

everyone, i've been bored as f*ck at home for the summer, so i've been babying my car to its fullest, i even clay bared it for the first time this past 2 days. Anyways, i just look at my car and try to figure out what I can do to make it look better.

So bottom line, i want to paint 2 pieces. First off, the rear license plate thing, on my red car, it is faded really bad, i was hoping if anyone knows of a spray can red paint that i can buy that will almost nearly match, if not perfectly match the stock paint. If someone has done this or know how i can find out, then please let me know!

the second part is in the interior, sic of the fake cf. I really, really want to color match it with the other pieces (the dark metallic gray) around the stereo and the shifter, so same thing if anyone knows what kind of paint to look for then don't hesitate to respond! I'm waiting for my job to call me in, so until then I want to baby my car!

thank you for reading!
Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:21 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
For the rear body panel, order paint from here - http://www.paintscratch.com/

As for the interior, just look for a color you like and repaint all the pieces, don't bother trying to color match the radio trim.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

For interior: Duplicolor Fabric and Vinyl- Works well! I'm gonna paint my headliner black.

These might help:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ving+cigarette

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=make+stealthy

Last edited by uprockmankey; Jun 5, 2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

thank you for the links, sorry i havent been on in a while, no internet at home for the summer...
Old Jun 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

are you asking the steps you need to paint somthing like that or just what kind of paint you need cause painting is easy the prep for it is the hard/ long part if you want to get a good look.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

^oh i was asking for what kind of paint, as for prepping, didn;t think too much about it, haha. but i dont really have any money to spend now, so im gonna wait a little bit until i get more money to buy the paint and experiment with this. Anyone know if I need to buy the clearcoat too? cuz i heard that mitsu paint didnt use clearcoat but like some sort of combination of the two but i dont know if this paint on that site is the same as factory.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

You wanna clear coat or else it will turn out faded and have no gloss to it.