Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some 20% does pass the flashlight test cops use for an on the spot check....fyi
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Lol, I have 35% up front a and 5% in the back, that didn't stop some dink of a cop from changing over 3 lanes, following me into my girlfriends neighbourhood, tailing me for five minutes, and pulling me over for tint.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cow town racer
Lol, I have 35% up front a and 5% in the back, that didn't stop some dink of a cop from changing over 3 lanes, following me into my girlfriends neighbourhood, tailing me for five minutes, and pulling me over for tint.
just cuz it's legal...doesn't mean they won't check.......with cops....most of the time......if you're not a dick to them you can get away with a lot of stuff.....and if you don't look like your under 21 it helps.....
Old Jun 19, 2008, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

Topic highjacking :

I have tinted windows. I would like to wash them. Can I use Windex or need a special product ? I don't know if the tints are quality, it was done before I bought the car.

Thanks !
Old Jun 19, 2008, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

u shouldnt use windex but u can still use a product, just read to see if it is window tint safe
Old Jun 19, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NorCal Lancer
u shouldnt use windex but u can still use a product, just read to see if it is window tint safe
alright thanks I wasn't sure if these products were scam

thanks !
Old Jun 20, 2008, 02:49 AM
Evolved Member

don't use anything with amonia in it
Old Jun 20, 2008, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

there are loop holes to all laws but i have 5% all around BUT when i get stoped and he say roll down your window by law i only have to roll it down no more then an 2 inches so he cant guage my car anyways i got 4 tint ticket b4 i learned that one but im not saying break the law with your tint. just get a better understanding of your laws in your state drivers have rights to.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:17 PM

i went 10% all around the guy told me yeah its illegal but as long as u dont go limo tint and basically slap the cop in the face there not gonna make a big deal about it i've been pulled over a couple times since during the day and at night all i did was roll the windows down and he never said anything about it just continued to give me a speeding ticket and move on... made my car alot cooler and another plus is you never have to worrie about the sun blasting u in the side of the face when ur driving
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gage201
i went 10% all around the guy told me yeah its illegal but as long as u dont go limo tint and basically slap the cop in the face there not gonna make a big deal about it i've been pulled over a couple times since during the day and at night all i did was roll the windows down and he never said anything about it just continued to give me a speeding ticket and move on... made my car alot cooler and another plus is you never have to worrie about the sun blasting u in the side of the face when ur driving
true, nine times out of ten, rolling down the windows will show the officer you're not trying to hide anything, i also put one hand on the wheel and the other out the window so they know i have nothing in my hands, my uncle is a cop and he tells me how much they appreciate that. and the more respect you give them, the less likely you are to get a ticket
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

lol funny you should say that couse here in naples, fl the cop " cant" pull you over for just your tint but... there awsome here and did it anyways and it was 230 in the afternoon and he say " wile you passed me at 45 ( speed limit) i noticed your tint was abit dark" " CAN YOU ROLL UP YOUR WINDOWS FOR ME " and soo on i ended up fighting it but wasnt the first time it had happend that way.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

i have 20% all around..i've been pulled over twice over the year and a half I've had it...To be honest dont get 35% its a waste of money and doesn't look all that good personally..forget the laws on window tint cuz the only one's who decide if they wanna pull you over are the cops..just don't drive like a jackass if you see a cop and roll your window down they usually have better things to worry about..I kinda wish i went with 5 all around tho cuz my 20 has faded a little bit.. My boy has a STi with 5 all around=SicK!!
Old Sep 19, 2008, 11:34 AM

you can always risk riding with it on. My states limit is 32% tint, i had 15 all around. I got pulled over recently, but i was able to talk my way out of a ticket. I was lucky that the dude put the tint on a year before the lame law existed, and about 3 years before i bought it.
After i got the front windows reduced to 35, i was able to put one of those strips that goes across the windshield, its pretty cool if you ask me.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 02:05 PM

20% in the front is supposed to be the legal limit here in ohio but i've only known one guy to get pulled over for it and he had a twin turbo stealth so i don't think the tint really had anything to do with it but yeah i'm happy with me 10% its really dark at night, i kinda live in the boonies and i catch myself rolling down the windows to see sometimes cause when i come to a turn everything is just black makes me nervous but black car with black tint i couldn't really not do that it looks too good lol
Old Sep 22, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had 20% all around in the old ralliart and it REALLY helped keep things cooler. I drive a black Evo IX now and I cant get the windows tinted quickly enough. I realize the evo being black is going to absorb much more heat, but the RA interior was just as dark, and with clear windows it would bake like hell.

In closing:

Yes I do believe window tinting helps with both privacy as well as blocking some heat.
The "spots" you are referring to should only be seen through sunglasses with polarized lenses, unless you go with really expensive tint. The only other spots I can think of are those caused by air bubbles - something I avoid by having a professional do it in the first place.

Lastly: these cars look great with some nice dark tinted windows, but then again most do. I wouldn't consider going any dark than 20% simply because although its nice during the day I'd probably have to roll down the window at night to see clearly while backing up etc. PITA.

Quick Reply: Window Tint?