Notices

need some helpful insite

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need some helpful insite

ive been doing a lot of research about going with a custom turbo setup and i still am in the process but i keep hitting a road block when it comes to the turbo manifold and fuel management. i work with a guy who used to work for turbotrix and i was talking to him about where id be able to get one made and he said im going to be looking at almost $1,000 to have one made just about anywhere i go. i dont have that kind of money nor was i looking to spend that much and if thats the case itll most likely make or break my decision to go turbo. anyone have some helpful info?

and as far as the fuel management situation, ive been reading thats where most people run into problems. ive been trying to understand it all but im completely lost .

*just noticed i posted this in general...mods move if necessary
Old Oct 10, 2008, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

i highly doubt it will cost 1000 to make a manifold. hit up rrm, if im correct their manifold was like 400? andfuel management, again hit up rrm for their piggback or i think haltech has one? from what ive looked into the manifold is what the pain is to get, but 1000? not likely...
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

RRM has the manifolds for the 4g94 to buy seperately on their website, unfortunately these do not bolt onto the 4g69 head
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...roducts_id=389

I would suggest calling Brian or Rob over there and asking them how much it would cost to make the manifold only whether it be as a special order or if they have one sitting around.

Or you could wait till someone parts out their turbo kits, IIRC akira, cowtownracer, and someone else have/had their kits of for sale recently, idk if they parted out.

but if you want the manifold to be custom, yeah you're looking at alot of more money most likely.

EDIT:

I just visited RPW's site, and the have the turbo manifold for $575.00 + shipping, they are normally a bit over priced if you ask me, but everyone that buys their products seem to love them, idk if anyone has bought just the manifold from them before

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...roduct_id=1350

Last edited by joeyj; Oct 10, 2008 at 10:24 PM. Reason: found rpw manifold
Old Oct 12, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

i saw RPW's but its for use of the garret turbo with the internal wastegate...i kinda wanted to be able to have an external. but im still a long way off before i put money towards it im still setting up the rest of the car for the turbo setup. im putting money aside right now for RRM's piggyback
Old Oct 12, 2008, 05:24 PM

Run your external wastegate off the 02.