Notices

06 Lancer Ralliart worth modding?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surprised Dubai got a hold of one? lol you havent seen the 08 conversion they did then i guess. thats epic and badass. search threds for it its around here
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jantonix
where do you see it at? Give me a link if you have found it please.
I was meaning modding the Ralliart in general.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Speedcorp lists it on their site but no picture so I'm not sure if they have it cause they didn't respond to my email
Old Jan 22, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliDew
Surprised Dubai got a hold of one? lol you havent seen the 08 conversion they did then i guess. thats epic and badass. search threds for it its around here
Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, Ralliart?????
Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:05 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That looks just like my cf hood . Got it from rrm but it's discontinued from rrm .
Old Jan 22, 2010, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
That looks just like my cf hood . Got it from rrm but it's discontinued from rrm .
Like I said, but thats unfortunate.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OnCloudIX
Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, Ralliart?????
i dont see the problem.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:15 PM

very fun modding
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep it stock! I wish mine were stock when I bought it!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if i had it to do over again i'd definitly go with an evo over my RA, there must be a company in toronto that would import the car for you, hell maybe even a mitsu dealership?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:32 PM

I wouldn't mod it over again, each thing you buy gives such small gains and if you ever drop below 3000 rpm it will take the car 10 seconds to start accelerating again, i dont know about a turbo but do you really want a front wheel drive turbo car? It already understeers bad the way it is, it just kind of seems like a platform that requires you to change so much you might as well start with something better.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by duderr_666
I wouldn't mod it over again, each thing you buy gives such small gains and if you ever drop below 3000 rpm it will take the car 10 seconds to start accelerating again, i dont know about a turbo but do you really want a front wheel drive turbo car? It already understeers bad the way it is, it just kind of seems like a platform that requires you to change so much you might as well start with something better.
I completely agree the ra is only worth modding if you have deep pockets and plan to go turbo and to turbo the car the right way in the end after rebuilding the motor turboing the car tuning the ecu and replacing the suspension and tires to handle that power i would say your looking at over 10grand for around 7-10psi. and dont forget to expect things to break here is a video of a turbo ra idk how much psi he is running http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BuuL65Zvnk but it sounds mean but you could build that for 10grand more or less and have horrible traction or you could build this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYygUKpXhk or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESluRK3kdM8 it all depends on what you want out of your car if you want to keep it as a daily driver then do n/a mods like intake exhaust headers ported head new pistons throttle body etc probly wont be worth it in the end though but if you just want the most performance out of your car then turbo it. personally i am thinking about selling my ra and getting an evo next year because i want more performance from my ra but i dont have the money to turbo it the right way.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

i got my 06 ra for 13,999 brand new with 71 miles on it total. it had to be moved to the used car list because the new lancers were starting to come out.

do you guys think its more worth it for me than others? haha
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by duderr_666
For the money this car is an excellent platform to start with.

It's ridiculous to compare normally aspirated horsepower to what a turbocharged engine can provide, which is all you guys seem fixated on. The reflash from Hackish solves all problems with the car's response to normally aspirated engine mods. Do that.

The engine is a torque monster, unlike the high revving engines that make a few more peak hp, and does not take 10 seconds to "start accelerating again".

The handling is very good for the street as is. It doesn't understeer "bad"and corners flat with stock suspension that doesn't crash the bodywork over speedbumps but still gives a firm controlled ride. I sharpened turning response with a Whiteline rear sway bar and would suggest this is a good place to spend money if you do want quicker steering.

ALL wheel hop is easily eliminated with lighter wheels and stiff front engine mount. Get sticky summer tires to use all of the handling and stock braking capability.

This has been a very fun and rewarding car for me to mod and upgrade. I didn't have to "change so much" to get an awesome street performer that eats corners and backroads. It's the quickness and drive out of corners that gives the high straightaway speeds more than competitive with anything close to it's class. And I did it for relatively not much money.

Exactly what vehicle, in the RA's price range, are you comparing it to to have such a low opinion of what has proven to me to be a very well balanced package even stock?

Last edited by RalliartN; Mar 8, 2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliartN
This has been a very fun and rewarding car for me to mod and upgrade. I didn't have to "change so much" to get an awesome street performer that eats corners and backroads. It's the quickness and drive out of corners that gives the high straightaway speeds more than competitive with anything close to it's class. And I did it for relatively not much money.

Exactly what vehicle, in the RA's price range, are you comparing it to to have such a low opinion of what has proven to me to be a very well balanced package even stock?

+1

Quick Reply: 06 Lancer Ralliart worth modding?