Notices

200,000 miles strong!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parrishr13
If I am reading this correctly, you are basically saying that if one would prefer to safely cruise rather than drive like a ****ing idiot or "have fun," the 04-06 Ralliart is not the car of choice to do so simply because it is a sports car, and sports cars are not meant for cruising?
Parrish, I think he is heckling you.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Hints the user name, I see.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Parrish, I don't think he planned to be a heckler when he made that username, though.

And what is the general consensus on changing ATF?
Is it true that after a period of time, that ATF left unchanged will actually help hold the transmission together or is that just a crock of ****?
It hasn't been changed since 164k, as far as i know.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nashvilleRA
And what is the general consensus on changing ATF?
Is it true that after a period of time, that ATF left unchanged will actually help hold the transmission together or is that just a crock of ****?
It hasn't been changed since 164k, as far as i know.
Crock.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
Crock.
I would say, lol...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 01:04 AM

The type of engine the ra has is a rev happy 1 aat that, so damn right I'm gonna be rev happy once n a while n drive it like I stole it. Once u pass the 2000 rpm this cars horrible on gas so if u wanna save on gas change cause some cars waste the same amount only once u pass 4000 rpms. Also some guys only put less then 15000k a year especially evos, if I buy an evo I know its not to baby it, its most definitly 200% to have fun n put maybe 30000k a year, I bought the ra cause couldn't afford evo n was the next best bang for the buck. Like the reviews on the 2005 ra says "begs to be drivin", which is wat I plan to do. If I wasn't I would have bought something more calmer to drive. I heard some1 say, I don't remember where he follows a feriari guy who puts almost 40000k a year on that bad boy and stated he was his hero, well I have the same attitude as that guy and ill redline my puppy here n there. Y buy a rev happy car if u won't rev that engine here n there makes no sense, u just wanna last buy a base model n up the suspension. I bought this for 9000 a 2009 base model sold for 11000 guess who I leaned towards, the rev happy engine won me over cause simply speaking this aint the prettiest car, and me buying a rev happy engine I'm only gonna cruze once and a whilea, the rest have some real fun n open up the throttle ***** out fun, being safe of course. U drive to wat u can handle I always esses the situation n never do wat I can't handle, no acciedents in the 6 yesrs driving ***** out becouse I know wen to quite. Knock on metal lol
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:11 AM

Here's a situation

Around 4am near where I live its a ghost toan n I mean ghost town going 120km in a 4 lane 2/2 there's a 3rd lane which let's you make your right hand turn nothing in the corner like trees or houses to obstruct your view of the next street, I stay on the right lane and don't enter the third to make my right, let go of gas on the turn and make a wide right angle turn tires squeall and stay pefectly in the lane of the next street I don't swerve to the opposite side or hit the curb, right in the lane and this is with michelin hydro edge all seasons. Once and a while I push my car alittle and alittle till I know the breakin point that was breaking point right there. Always in a safe enviroment remember ghost town at night I know I live there. If I had high performance summer tire maybe I can puch another 10 kms out of it, I test my car once and awhile and know its limits and mine. Now having had said that what would be your choice if u where me.

2009 lancer de- for 11000 with continental all season
Or
2005 lancer ralliart- for 9000 with micheline all season

- had all season on my old car same 1 micheline an paid 1000 bucks for it, n these have a lot of tread left on them. So giving the stats wat do u say is better

Snappy looking base model for 11000 or a sports model that's alittle ugly for 9000.
If I buy a sports sedan damn right I'm gonna drive ***** out here n there, if I wanted to cruze I'd go for the 2009 lancer de but I intend to have fun and lots of it
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:15 AM

1 pet peeve r people who buy performance and don't to use it at all, in my book that's called a waste go luxury, performance is like it says PERFORMANCE
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:21 AM

I bought this car for suspension and engine u think the 09 de can pull that off with all seasons an not break something or loose control or swerve to the opposite lane, that's y I bought this bugger an not the 09 de
Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by parrishr13
If I am reading this correctly, you are basically saying that if one would prefer to safely cruise rather than drive like a ****ing idiot or "have fun," the 04-06 Ralliart is not the car of choice to do so simply because it is a sports car, and sports cars are not meant for cruising?
All I know if I wanted to crusie I would have bought the 09 lancer de for an xtra 2000 looks way better than this thing, but would rather have performance and drive this thing like the manufactures intended and an didnt intend on it be driven
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 Lancer is much heavier and is not as much fun to drive. The are 2 guys that Autocross with me with 09 Lancers de and they are 3-4 seconds slower. I see them struggling to control the car... Lancer Ralliart all the way!
Now 9000 it's kind of a lot...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Get an LSD and you can be hard on the throttle in those corners, it's ****ing glorious.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:40 PM

Mitsubishi are proven to be tough. That's why they were in the WRC.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:28 PM

Once I get her paid off (in 2 years) ill do more mods maybe just an exhaust for now to go wit the injen cai I have, and thaat lsd aint a bad idea thx for that completly forgot about those (y)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:36 PM

U guys hear the evo they put in the le mans 24 race first time mitsu did that and didn't except to much becouse the threw another 100 hp (so 400) and didn't know how it would hold up since first time, and they came in 5th in class and 23rd overall. Biggest pleaser was no major engine or drivetrain failure ect. Only thing they changed where brakes tires and refill on gas, for a first time trying it out with xtra 100 ponies over stock I'd say whoa, imagine how long a stock evo could last, becouse I read a review and the only difference in rally evos are safety and susp parts from street version now that quality. Mits all the way baby

Quick Reply: 200,000 miles strong!