Notices

From RA to 370z to RA?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From RA to 370z to RA?

Hey guys. I used to own an 05 ralliart. I loved it! But sold one and got an EvoX. Believe it or not, I enjoyed the RA much more as a daily driver. I sold the EvoX and got a 370z a year ago. It's a blast, but again, not as much fun as the RA as a daily driver. Since I got the Z, I got a new job and am driving 100 miles/day to work. Since I can't seem to find a car I enjoy as much as my old RA, I'm thinking about selling the Z and paying cash for a RA and having no car payment.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy? haha. Anyone else regret getting rid of their RA?

Also PM me if you're selling/ thinking of selling and you're near KY.
Old May 18, 2011, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Whatever make's you happy ,I personally would have stayed in the X.
Old May 18, 2011, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

You're nuts, but if you were closer I'd say otherwise and sell you mine! Lol
Old May 18, 2011, 03:46 PM

Well the X was faster, but the tranny was notchy, and the gas mileage was awful. And the car handled so well...so much so that I prob would have become a worse driver lol.
Old May 18, 2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by roblaza
You're nuts, but if you were closer I'd say otherwise and sell you mine! Lol
Haha I think I may be too which is why I posted! hahaha. I just worry too much about the Z, and it's not the best daily driver.

BTW I have a 98 eclipse GSX, so my need for speed will still be satisfied even if I part with the Z
Old May 18, 2011, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

after going to the X and the Z, you might realize how slow the RA is after you get back in one, haha. The Z is definitely not a practical car so maybe get another car, it doesnt have to be the RA.
Old May 18, 2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by NorCal Lancer
after going to the X and the Z, you might realize how slow the RA is after you get back in one, haha. The Z is definitely not a practical car so maybe get another car, it doesnt have to be the RA.
Lol I realized that when I got one before! I came from a turbo GS eclipse.

But I could def use the gas mileage of a slower car with a long commute to work!
Old May 18, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
1.6l v-tec?
Old May 18, 2011, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP you are out of your ****ing mind. A 370z would be a nice DD. I don't understand you when you say that the ra is more fun as a daily driver. In what way is it more fun? I can see you complimenting on its reliability compared to an evo or z but a ralliart shouldn't even be compared to the other two when the word fun comes to mind.
Old May 18, 2011, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Hahaha there is nothing like first love!
Old May 19, 2011, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by RevMoto
OP you are out of your ****ing mind. A 370z would be a nice DD. I don't understand you when you say that the ra is more fun as a daily driver. In what way is it more fun? I can see you complimenting on its reliability compared to an evo or z but a ralliart shouldn't even be compared to the other two when the word fun comes to mind.
Hahaha. Well it really comes down to the fact that you have to worry way too much about the Z. The paint chips so easily on these cars, that you have to be extremely cautious all the time. Obviously the z if faster and handles better, but all in all, the ra was less stressful.

Another option I've been thinking would be to sell my GSX and just buy a ra. It would be very hard to part with the z We'll see..
Old May 19, 2011, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

I'd do exactly what you have said. Sell the Z, pay cash for the RA, and be satisfied, and have a happy life.

Take it from me. I complained when I inherited my wife's old college car, which is a MKIV Jetta after selling my new in 07 Z4 3.0si, as it was "her turn" to get the next car, whatever that means.

I have since went through three "forum cars" and in all cases, the old, now 131k mile MKIV was a better DD. The other cars just sat in the garage.

Now that I know what I don't want, I know what I do, which is a DD'able Evo IX, which I know have. She is a bit of a garage queen at the moment getting some things fixed, but I fully expect it to FINALLY take over DD duty from the MKIV and send it to "third car" duty. Time will tell I guess.

Think about it this way. The way most people drive a 370z or Evo X on the street could be outrun by a pro driver in an RA. No one is getting close to the limits of those cars on the street in a DD environment. Why pay for bragging rights? I get the same response when I tell people I'm just going to get what I can get from mild bolt on's and a tune on my IX. People tell me all the time I'm crazy for wanting only ~320 whp. Whatever, I'm grown up and done with bench racing and parking lot posing.

If you can pay cash for an RA that makes YOU happy while driving, then do it. Forget the haters. Your wallet will thank you also.
Old May 19, 2011, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ill give you my ralliart AND a few thousand dollars for that 370z
Old May 19, 2011, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaptainStevo
Hahaha. Well it really comes down to the fact that you have to worry way too much about the Z. The paint chips so easily on these cars, that you have to be extremely cautious all the time. Obviously the z if faster and handles better, but all in all, the ra was less stressful.

Another option I've been thinking would be to sell my GSX and just buy a ra. It would be very hard to part with the z We'll see..
Nobody has worse paint then Mitsubishi. Zs are pretty nice and reliable. If you are a spirited driver then having something with a little ***** will put a smile on your face. Sounds to me like you are just overwhelmed by a car payment and in that case your wallet will thank you.
Old May 19, 2011, 08:45 AM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainStevo
Hey guys. I used to own an 05 ralliart. I loved it! But sold one and got an EvoX. Believe it or not, I enjoyed the RA much more as a daily driver. I sold the EvoX and got a 370z a year ago. It's a blast, but again, not as much fun as the RA as a daily driver. Since I got the Z, I got a new job and am driving 100 miles/day to work. Since I can't seem to find a car I enjoy as much as my old RA, I'm thinking about selling the Z and paying cash for a RA and having no car payment.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy? haha. Anyone else regret getting rid of their RA?

Also PM me if you're selling/ thinking of selling and you're near KY.
This is where I got lost. You have PM.