Notices

any reason why this wont work

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any reason why this wont work

Have been following what the Mirage guys are doing with there cars - they are doing some amazing engine swaps using the 4G69 and getting amazing hp out of there swaps... so... i was thinking why not do it in a reverse for us -

Using a 4g93 ecu (reflashed)
swap out the fuel pump with a 4g94 and the return fuel line
Evo 7,8 or 9 fuel rail
60+mm throttle body a 4g94 throttle cable

get the plugs from a 4g15/93/94 interior wire loom and connect the '69 to these and then connect to the ecu

sounds simple?
Old May 27, 2011, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

How much of an HP increase is this? I mean seems like a lot of work with the flash available now
Old May 27, 2011, 08:56 PM

Where is this reflash available?

That does seem like a ton of work. Regarding the reflash, where can I have this done?
Old May 27, 2011, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Hackish's shop is in Gatineau, QC just across the river from Ottawa

get a hold of him to work something out
Old May 27, 2011, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Post a link to these swaps and what kind of money are they spending?
Old May 28, 2011, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

here is a couple of forums and topics for you to have a look thru... there are no prices listed up but they are claiming 200hp atw N/A as for cost it is not that much probably $500 no more.. yeah it would be good for those that live in the U.S but for those living in Australia we can't use the reflash due to our immobiliser
http://www.mirageforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=44127

http://www.night-warriors.com/forums...howtopic=11130

keep in mind they are using the mirage for there swap using R.A for there parts and I am thinking of reversing the role using the R.A with mirage parts
Old May 28, 2011, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

I can't read that jibba jabba in that second forum hahaha. But yeah if thats your only option then give it a ****. why wont it work if u just reverse it. So are they claiming 200 HP with no bolt ons just stock parts? I didn't read the first forum as I don't wanna sign up to that forum lol
Old May 28, 2011, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

i was always wondering if we could use the 4g63/4g64 ecu's we got a guy here in denver thats really good with thoes ecu's
Old May 28, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chowetime
here is a couple of forums and topics for you to have a look thru... there are no prices listed up but they are claiming 200hp atw N/A as for cost it is not that much probably $500 no more.. yeah it would be good for those that live in the U.S but for those living in Australia we can't use the reflash due to our immobiliser
http://www.mirageforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=44127

http://www.night-warriors.com/forums...howtopic=11130

keep in mind they are using the mirage for there swap using R.A for there parts and I am thinking of reversing the role using the R.A with mirage parts
The reflash will not effect the immob if the hthe flash is done on the same car, it will only rear its ugly head if you try to use a different ecu on a car. On that note Hack has found the immob on the Aussie ecu and thinks he can get rid of it, just need a tester to find out.
Old May 28, 2011, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
The reflash will not effect the immob if the hthe flash is done on the same car, it will only rear its ugly head if you try to use a different ecu on a car. On that note Hack has found the immob on the Aussie ecu and thinks he can get rid of it, just need a tester to find out.
It is not so much that the immobiliser will not affect the car it is that they can't reflash the ecu because of the immobiliser in the ecu programming...

Hey if he wants to give it a crack and thinks he can elliminate the immobiliser security in the ecu and reflash/program the ecu then I can send him a ecu to work on and I would only be too happy to test it out... but like you said He thinks he can get rid of it... I would of also been keen to ry out one the USD ECU's to see if I can get that to work on my car but no bodyy seemed interested in helping out in getting the parts needed or there is not many crashed R.A's over your way... as all i would of been needing is a ECU matching keys and barrels for the ignition and doors not sure if you guys have a key reader in your cars but would need that as well.

without any bolt on mods and even running the crappy exhaust manifold they are getting 170hp attw with a few bolt on mods they are netting nearly 200hp and there quarter mile times are decent 13 second....

Last edited by chowetime; May 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Chowetime,

What are the RON numbers you run there?. Our 91PON is about 95RON i think?? So if Hack can eliminate the immob and tune the Aussie ECU at 95 RON. Its worth a test.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

we have as high as 98RON but I think I read somewhere that our Aussie 98 Ron is equal to something else in the US/Canada... so I am not sure...

We have 3 different RON available to us 91, 95 and 98...

I have checked with wreckers in the US about getting a full set of matching keys - barrels and ecu and all have said we don't ship outside U.S... and then the ones that did ship they were asking way too many dollars for shipping - in excess of $200USD.

I would absolutely be interested in having this done....
Old May 30, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
maybe someone from the board who is trust worthy could pick it up for you, and ship it for the actual cost.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chowetime
we have as high as 98RON but I think I read somewhere that our Aussie 98 Ron is equal to something else in the US/Canada... so I am not sure...

We have 3 different RON available to us 91, 95 and 98...

I have checked with wreckers in the US about getting a full set of matching keys - barrels and ecu and all have said we don't ship outside U.S... and then the ones that did ship they were asking way too many dollars for shipping - in excess of $200USD.

I would absolutely be interested in having this done....
I think 95ron is 91octane, i have don't a bit of research on it it should be close. $200 for shipping? that's crazy.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

This has been done here in PR. The 4g69 swaps here are very common and since there is a reflash for the mirages they can get pretty good numbers with our engines while using the 1.8L mirage LS ECU.

I know there are also some RA's here with the ECU swap done but 200hp without bolt on is a bold claim.

The second link(nigh-warriors) is a local forum here and they have many people with the 4g69 swap done.

And yea its simple if you know what your doing :P

Note: be aware of what mirage ECU you are going to use not all USDM ECU's can have the same reflash options.

Quick Reply: any reason why this wont work