Notices

Road to Evo VIII with out turbo!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road to Evo VIII with out turbo!

So since i saw the body kit on accolade for evo VIII, ive decided to make my RA look as close to evo viii. Im mostly going to change the exterior and interior to make it look like evo viii and ill wait for like turbo and what not for few more years.
The things im gonna change is:

- Hood with vents (done)
- Evo viii front bumper
- Evo viii or ix spoilers
- Evo viii or ix rear bumper
- eyelids
- steering wheel
- gauge
- pedal
- rims
- short shifter+ralliart shift knob
- SRI
- full catback exhaust system

The first thing im probably going to do is get SRI because it's probably the easiest thing for now. (anyone have any suggestions for best sounding SRI?) Ill get some pedal and shifter knob accessories pretty quick as well. Also im going to wait for rims until summer, so i can just get rims and tire at the same time. If anyone have any suggestion please tell me!

Ill start posting pics as i get the parts on.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Nice. Where'd you get the hood?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by keithislegit
Nice. Where'd you get the hood?
idk lol, when i bought the car the previous owner told me he got in a minor accident which he had to change the hood. I think you can get one at Accolade for like $250. Mine doesnt have the rain catcher thing tho...
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:55 PM

At this price, why not save up and get an evo??
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Accolade is no longer a vendor on these forums for a reason. Too many issues with with members on here of never receiving their purchases.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by father04co
At this price, why not save up and get an evo??
1. because in canada evo Viii and IX is really hard to find.
2. I just bought my first car and im not going to save up for another fing car.
3. Insuring evo probably cost double what i am paying right now+im still 18.
4. What do you mean at this price? all of those combined would only be about $2000 and i bought my car for $6000. Even if i can find a cheap evo, it's going to cost about $16k+ and probably $6000 a year to insure the car with collision.

And this is why I didn't buy an Evo. : mitsu::m itsu::mi tsu:
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
eeek at 18 i can see the 6k to insure.... for me at 34 it cost me 1800 a year to fully insure a evo8/9 thats about 150/month for full cov...

anyway back to topic
close to evo8 w.o turbo would be intake and exaust... cams ported and polish head forged pistons etc... ur pretty much stuck with 4g69 since mitsu never made a dohc head for that engine.. their were some reports of people mating 4g63 head from a evo8/9 onto the 4g69 block but im not sure if that was true
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:35 PM

Oh yea and any opinions from people that have UR SRI and AEM SRI? I saw the youtube video of UR SRI for 09 ralliart and it makes a cool sound (like weak BOV) when you rev up and let go of the gas. idk if that would do it for our ralliarts as well, but it's about the same price so idk which one i should get.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:36 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm pretty sure any intake will make that blow off type sound, I have an injen cai but I hear it when it's Sri too.

As for the parts that your wanting , I would reevaluate the history of the car THEN think about the future. Make sure all your up to date on the maintainence, check the suspension for worn parts etc.

2k for all of that stuff maybe if you find it all used and local. I'm not trying to down you but shipping, availability, and quality are some big factors for your equation. I mean I've seen one rim sell for 2k.

O and so you can cross another one off your list, the ralliart comes with the evos short shifter
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
not to mention proffesional installation and paint on the body kit...otherwise it will most likely look like ****, not saying you're not capable, but unless you have a backround in autobody, i would not recommend DIY body kits. But if you're confident you can do it, by all means...but that leads me to my next point, why make a lancer look like an evo...without the fenders and rear quarter panels, shaved trunk, license plate in the bumper, headlights, the list goes on, it won't look like an evo, just another riced out lancer...If you don't like how it looks, why'd you buy it, and why not spend $2000 on performance and maintenance...wouldn't you rather it handle and drive more like an evo, than look vaguely like one?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
that 2k you'd be spending on the exterior could EASILY put you toward a turbo. the kit that they're coming out with now should be somewhere near that mark maybe 3k-ish
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:25 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
I'm pretty sure any intake will make that blow off type sound, I have an injen cai but I hear it when it's Sri too.

As for the parts that your wanting , I would reevaluate the history of the car THEN think about the future. Make sure all your up to date on the maintainence, check the suspension for worn parts etc.

2k for all of that stuff maybe if you find it all used and local. I'm not trying to down you but shipping, availability, and quality are some big factors for your equation. I mean I've seen one rim sell for 2k.

O and so you can cross another one off your list, the ralliart comes with the evos short shifter
This, so much. Considering that you bought your RA for $6k, it must be used and have high mileage. Before you go spending money on anything else, you should start with the maintenance. After all, your car won't look cool just sitting in your driveway; even if it is an "Evo VIII".
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
not to mention proffesional installation and paint on the body kit...otherwise it will most likely look like ****, not saying you're not capable, but unless you have a backround in autobody, i would not recommend DIY body kits. But if you're confident you can do it, by all means...but that leads me to my next point, why make a lancer look like an evo...without the fenders and rear quarter panels, shaved trunk, license plate in the bumper, headlights, the list goes on, it won't look like an evo, just another riced out lancer...If you don't like how it looks, why'd you buy it, and why not spend $2000 on performance and maintenance...wouldn't you rather it handle and drive more like an evo, than look vaguely like one?
well for the installation, i will try on my own, but for the painting my uncle and my cousin have a auto body shop which i can ask them to get painted for me (just their store is like 1000km away from my house lol). I never said i dont like the way RA looks, just that i saw some pictures of people that put on the evo viii bumpers and spoiler which looked better then the stock ra look in my opinion. Also, im not trying to make it perfectly like a evo, like theres no way i can afford to change the whole front end of the car to make it look like a real evo. Also i work at a machine shop, and at my company they let me buy stuff on their address if the product is shipped using freight truck and they for my shipping. (one of my co-workers told me he got racing seat and the company paid for his shipping)

Last edited by gorugo13; Nov 28, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by parrishr13
This, so much. Considering that you bought your RA for $6k, it must be used and have high mileage. Before you go spending money on anything else, you should start with the maintenance. After all, your car won't look cool just sitting in your driveway; even if it is an "Evo VIII".
well i bought the car when it was 49k mile (right now its just a lil over 50k) and on my birthday my dad got me a brake change so i dont really think its in that bad of a condition.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn , only 50k miles???

Quick Reply: Road to Evo VIII with out turbo!