Notices

RRM cold air intake seem expensive?

Old Feb 5, 2004, 07:08 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are there pics of "short configuration" online somewhere?
Old Feb 6, 2004, 12:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No but basically you can connect the filter to the MAS adapter tube we supply in the kit.

ROAD/RACE

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Feb 24, 2004, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow guys i really like the way that rrm cai looks, but i really would like to know if there is anyway to get another color, i would pay extra, im just wondering, i dont know if rrm monitors this forum or not but i really want another color, thanks
Old Feb 24, 2004, 07:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Silver would be extra $20 but other colors extra $50.

Special order for that.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 24, 2004, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

DAM road race i wanted it in blue but it did'nt say anywhere in your ad tat we could get it in different colors CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well i already baught it aaaaahhhhhhhh
Old Feb 24, 2004, 10:08 AM

About the bypass valve: How exactly does it work? I have been on AEM's site, and read the explanation, but it wasn't enough for me to have a mental representation of the working parts. How can I be sure that the bypass valve doesn't activate at all times and not just when there is water in the tube?
Old Feb 26, 2004, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by DrewRacer406
About the bypass valve: How exactly does it work? I have been on AEM's site, and read the explanation, but it wasn't enough for me to have a mental representation of the working parts. How can I be sure that the bypass valve doesn't activate at all times and not just when there is water in the tube?
Let me clarify what the bypass valve does for those of you who are not sure. The bypass valve is just a little peice of foam that goes around the tubing just above the filter and it is held on with a hose clamp. Now what it does is, if water is being sucked into the piping (water obviously weighs more then air) so the water will land inside the foam and the foam will absorb 99% of the water rather then letting all the water suck up inside the engine. That's all the valve does. Some say it works great, others say It's not a huge issue. I say: Unless you're driving your car through 7-10 inch puddles you should be fine. Who the hell drives through that deep of water even without a cai? If you do you're stupid. We have a car, not a truck. And we're not to made to go in puddles that deep regardless.

Just my .02 cents
Old Feb 27, 2004, 03:32 PM
K_R

In places like California, deep puddles might not be an issue, but if you live in Canada or any of the northern US that gets a lot of snowfall during the winter - it's a reality. You have two choices in the spring when the snow melts - walk or take your chances with puddles. In many places the streets are covered with very large areas of water - and hidden in those puddles are potholes that you won't see and your car may drop down in. It's not that we intentionally drive though deep puddles - it can happen by accident though. It's bad enough when you damage a rim or something - but it's nothing compared to ruining an engine.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 09:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Expect a Short Ram too. Right now we are working on turbo though. One thing at a time.

ROAD/RACE

Search this Thread