Notices

Done anything to your RA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2004, 09:18 AM
Dew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Done anything to your RA?

So, I've had my RA for almost a month and 1/2 and all I've done to it is purchased a new shift knob and exhaust tip. But, my car will be worked on over the next couple of months, I assure you. So my question to everyone is:

What, if anything, have you done to your Ralliart so far, and how long have you had it?
Old Jan 21, 2004, 09:52 AM

Ive had my RA for about a month now, only thing ive done so far is put on some skunk 2 coil overs, now im trying to decide if im gonna powerd coat my rims black or just get some new ones.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
a week old, goin to put steering wheel, scuff plate, tip, alarm, s2000 antenna, SRI is coming up.... and a pioneer 8550 in a month...
Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gizzerboy
Ive had my RA for about a month now, only thing ive done so far is put on some skunk 2 coil overs, now im trying to decide if im gonna powerd coat my rims black or just get some new ones.
You have any pix you can post? I'd like to see the car lowered. Also, I was thinking the same thing about powder coating my rims....Make them different from anyone else. I am tired of buying rims and tires for cars and my track history is not keeping cars for long, so I just waste money, unfortunately.....
Old Jan 21, 2004, 02:14 PM

Yeah ill get some pics tooken in a few days, i dont got a camera so my buddy is gonna do it for me.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

I got my raliart for christmas and I already added xenon bulbs, ordered a K&N, green neons, exhaust tip. Factory pearl white fully loaded. the K&N filter is under part #332105, for those who are interested. Add a few extra ponies for now. Already raced a few interesting vehicles too. Tell ya bout em later
Old Jan 21, 2004, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

I am in the process of getting an exhaust and cai from rrm, I am going to get coilovers but I would like a better company that skunk2 to come out with them first. Sorry to inform you, but I have gotten my rims powdercoated black already(like a dark grey).

Stephen
Old Jan 21, 2004, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

plans for an ultimate racing ( under development ) cold air intake, and for an HKS muffler. I was also considering a small shot o juice but we'll see. I still got my 91 sonoma. Pretty low but this summer i'll get her to scrape. I bought the raliart cause I heard lots of good things bout it. Did you know that a stock WRX at all 4 wheels only put down 150 hp on the dyno!! Mind you thats at all 4 wheels. I saw a ralliart put down 146hp at the wheels stock!! not to shabby!!!
Old Jan 21, 2004, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

the wrx puts down more that 150awhp stock. I have seen stock dynoes ranging from 165-170awhp. Which is pretty nice. Unfortunately for the price you get a lot more with the RA, but if I had the extra 5-6k to put down I would have had a wrx in a second.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by xstephenx
I am in the process of getting an exhaust and cai from rrm, I am going to get coilovers but I would like a better company that skunk2 to come out with them first. Sorry to inform you, but I have gotten my rims powdercoated black already(like a dark grey).

Stephen
WE GOTTA SEE PIX OF THE RIMS PLEASE!!!!!
Old Jan 21, 2004, 06:30 PM

So far i've put a Road/Race Cold Air Intake, their Rear Sway Bar and K Bar and Autocross Perches. Kenwood stereo, tinted windows and some blue headlights. I think i'll be needing some new brake pads soon Mind as well go slotted rotors too! xstephenx, i'l like to see a pic of your rims
Old Jan 21, 2004, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

I will try to take some soon. I am pretty busy now due to school, so I will probably take them this weekend.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 11:49 PM

lol so stephen your saying skunk 2 is not a good company for coil overs, its one of the top brands in my book, and just to let u know there is about 10 other companies that also make coil overs for the RA
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

I don't think that I would ever want to own a Subaru. Impreza, WRX, WRX STI, none of it. I'd rather drive a dime a dozen 5.0. Actually if I am able to find the magazine, I will let you know what month and what issue the dyno results for a stock WRX were posted. Actually, I thought it was exactly 148.2hp at the wheels. I'll try and find the magazine XstephenX. But that also was just one car. Others could be different
Old Jan 22, 2004, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

yeah I am not debating you on the stock whp of the wrx, I have just seen some that put down high 160's low 170's, but yeah that may just be differences in dynoes.

gizzer - I didn't say skunk2 was a ****ty company, I just said i wouldn't buy them. I would rather get a company like JIC, Tein, etc. Like I said I don't mind skunk2 but wouldn't buy them for myself. What other companies have you seen that make coilovers for the RA?(I can't really find any, I haven't searched very hard though)