Notices

ES to RA swaps??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2004, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question ES to RA swaps??

I currently have 02 ES. I got it in November and wanted to start mod'n it since day 1. But, I am about to finish college and have a pretty good job lined up. Good enuf to afford a new RA after this semester (apr/may)

Anyway, I am pretty unexperienced with the whole moding thing, although Ive read up enough to understand how it all works. I wana get some stuff on my ES, but dont want to blow all the investment. What mods can I get for my ES that will transfer to my RA? I know alot of cosmetic stuff will, which I am interested in, but my main concerns are performance parts (power and handling). Also because Im going from a red ES to probably a black or gray RA, most cosmetic stuff may not work out.

Lemme know any experiences or theories. Thanks!!!!

J

Last edited by blk-majik; Feb 1, 2004 at 04:42 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
werd

why not put a RA engine into your 02?
Old Feb 1, 2004, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

errr....i dont thing most if any mods will transfer to the RA from your ES. Engines are different, body style different. If you are going to be gettin it in a few months, might as well not mess with the ES.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by OZevoVII
errr....i dont thing most if any mods will transfer to the RA from your ES. Engines are different, body style different. If you are going to be gettin it in a few months, might as well not mess with the ES.
I 100% agree with that statement!! If you are sure you are getting the RA and you havent spent the $$$ on your ES yet...DONT! Save the money in a little account so that when you get your RA you will be able to do those little things right away.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mitsumichael7

I 100% agree with that statement!! If you are sure you are getting the RA and you havent spent the $$$ on your ES yet...DONT! Save the money in a little account so that when you get your RA you will be able to do those little things right away.
That was my original thought, also. But, a few other factors have me thinking.

First, as I said, my experience is next to none, so I wouldnt feel so bad trying things on a used car that I got a really good deal on. If the parts can be used in my new car, all the better!

Second, I dont plan on getting rid of the ES. My significant other finishes school at the same time, so she probably gets it. As of now, she has a 1/2 dead mid-80's Shadow.

So cheap addons are not a total loss and the experience gain may be worth it. How bad are low-quality parts from eBay? I hear some good/some bad things from the forums, but for the price of much of that stuff, one cant loose out too much. Even if I drop $50 for something with minimum performance gains, the experience is probably worth it.

Agree/disagree?
thx!
Old Feb 1, 2004, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Agree. If you just want to learn a little and get a couple of horse, go get something off ebay. I have and I have had pretty good experiences from ebay stuff. I got my muffler from ebay that is on my RA now and I love it. You can get an intake on ebay for $50 or less. Just get the basics though.