Notices

Keys

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2004, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keys

Does the ralliart use transponder keys for security?
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

nope
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

??
Old Feb 4, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

As far as I know there isn't even a factory alarm in it. It just honks the horn when you lock the doors with the remote...... not even mcguard's or factory locks for your rims.................... guess every last dollar went into the performance.... so when they steal your Ralliart, they'll get away faster
Old Feb 4, 2004, 01:36 PM

You do know that there is a chip in the key right. So how are they going to steal the car if they don't have the key or the code to it. That little silver thing that came with yours keys with numbers on it is the code. If you have a key made you have to enter the code using a series of pushes on the gas pedal.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sartuche24
You do know that there is a chip in the key right. So how are they going to steal the car if they don't have the key or the code to it. That little silver thing that came with yours keys with numbers on it is the code. If you have a key made you have to enter the code using a series of pushes on the gas pedal.
that is true. it was the craziest thing when i got my 02 oz this little pamphlet came with it saying what to do if you lost your keys. like press the brake pedal a certain number of times and it starts your car. but you can only do it like 3 times and you need to get a new key. or something. i dont knwo.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by 4Gaijin63

that is true. it was the craziest thing when i got my 02 oz this little pamphlet came with it saying what to do if you lost your keys. like press the brake pedal a certain number of times and it starts your car. but you can only do it like 3 times and you need to get a new key. or something. i dont knwo.
After you enter the code it will let the car start 3 times then you need to enter the code again. The sales guy whos a buddy of mine said not to lose that number, because if you do Mitsubishi Charges like $120 to cut a new key for you because they have to look up the code and what not.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 02:27 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Thats hype, damn.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whoa i wish my car would start if i pushed the brake pedal so many times...i could scare people that way lmao