Notices

hvac controller help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hvac controller help

so my temp control knob broke due to the wonderful sticking gears. does anyone have an extra unit around? or know where i can get one cheap? I saw a posting about replacing the gears does anyone know the part numbers by any chance? I couldn't find them. can you change just the switch or is it only the entire conrtol unit?

Thank you in advanced
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ega-guide.html

Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
that sucks, it could be a potentially VERY big job...my 03 Lancer is on the verge, it's very difficult to blend the air...i'm not looking forward to it...
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
thank you so much this is great stuff. I dont know why I didnt find this before.

Well since I don't post a lot I am not able to post in the wanted area does anyone have the control module they no longer need that still works?

Thank you in advanced

Last edited by splay; Nov 26, 2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
you'll likely have find one at an auto wrecker.

the good news is, many auto wrecker will ship parts to your house. search www.car-part.com

the bad news is that the HVAC controller is only a portion of the problem. read the entire guide to find out what kind of can of worms is now opened.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is getting pretty bad. I only change my heat twice a year. Once before winter when its getting cold, and once before summer when its getting hot. I dont think I want to even attempt that project. Looks like a fun time
Old Dec 3, 2012, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you want to wait a couple of weeks I might have one for sale im going to be selling a crap load of stuff I have but I'm working out in Sacramento away from home..
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
If you want to wait a couple of weeks I might have one for sale im going to be selling a crap load of stuff I have but I'm working out in Sacramento away from home..
You selling your car?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:15 PM

I am in Sac, i am eager to see/read about what you are selling. Local pickup is always better that shipping , plus I haven't met any other forum members in the area.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not selling my car just have a extra that I was holding onto because I'm. Border when it comes to car parts... I'm north of sac in citrus heights building a wingstop in Folsom. What about yourself?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Beware, the gears may not fix the initial problem. It could be the door in your air mixer box. PITA to fix, go under your dash on the driverside and hand turn the big lever connected to the black temp control cable. That should be a fairly good indicator of how well the door moves within the air mixer box. The HVAC Repair Mega Guide gives an in depth explanation to repairing the air mixer box.

Also you can usually find a HVAC controller for sale on here pretty easy and a lot of times for less than $100. I got mine from SFLMotorsports. You might want to shoot them a pm.

Last edited by SleepySamurai13; Dec 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:42 AM

i live in Antelope, I work in El Dorado Hills. i am all over the Sacramento area.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:30 PM

Im making due with pliers atm so that would be great. do you know how much it would be total shipped to 32444? I just need the controller not hte shroud my shroud is good. I believe its the gears Im going to mess with it some this weekend and hopefully figure it out. Im mechanically inclined and went to school to work on cars just haven been able to get a job doing it and have forgotten alot of it .

Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

The shipping shouldnt be more than $10 max. A lot of times you can get shipping cost taken care of by the seller. Youll have to work that out with the seller though. I got my HVAC control unit for $80 shipped.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Also, if you dont already know, you can use a HVAC controller unit from an EVO, so check in those for sale threads as well as the lancer for sale forums. Look for partouts and thing like that.

Quick Reply: hvac controller help