Notices

04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you guys think there is interest for heavily used megan racing coilovers (1 front and 2 rear)? The second front coilover is broken.

So the knob portion snapped off.

Old Dec 10, 2015, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
personally, I'd say no since it's not a full set, and heavily used as u stated..
but im sure somebody can make it work or "Frankenstein" something if need be, assuming they want them enough

ps what exactly do you mean by "heavily used"?
50kmi?...1000kmi?...more?

and "broken"?
broken mount?...blown strut?...bent shaft?...other?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by nekkidlad
personally, I'd say no since it's not a full set, and heavily used as u stated..
but im sure somebody can make it work or "Frankenstein" something if need be, assuming they want them enough

ps what exactly do you mean by "heavily used"?
50kmi?...1000kmi?...more?

and "broken"?
broken mount?...blown strut?...bent shaft?...other?
The set has around 110k km or around 65k miles. The shaft on one of the front coilovers sheared off near the adjustment knob. The rest are drivable, but should be rebuilt for optimal performance.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Honestly, trash the lot. You'd put'em on kijiji and wait two years with no takers, waste of your time to try to sell. Hell, I can't sell unused car stuff without basically giving it away.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartN
I can't sell unused car stuff without basically giving it away.

+1
yeah man...with that description you're better off just tossing them

think if it was you buying them...
if u saw that in an ad...im sure you'd pass it off like it wasn't even there...
honestly, I would
Old Dec 24, 2015, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone!!

Hope y'all have a great holiday with your family and friends. Be safe if you are travelling! And god bless!
Old Dec 26, 2015, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
happy boxing day!

missed the merry Christmas bit
Old Jan 1, 2016, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Happy New Year!

Busy holiday for me.
Sunday, after hosting giant family get-together on Christmas day: daily driver Jetta loses life to big tree.

Monday: Jetta carcass sold! Apparently a huge underground of TDI fans out there lusting after engine and tranny.

Thursday: after much searching, buy a used RVR gt.

Friday: sober up and look for snow tires.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartN
Apparently a huge underground of TDI fans out there lusting after engine and tranny.
hope you got a mint for it...it's like cummins, 300,000k/m and people will still pay top dollar for it...
Old Jan 1, 2016, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

$750. A 2003 with 285,000 km. Was that too low? Buyer came and handled everything, I just stood there. And it was almost personal with that car, I hated it for years.

Wrecker offered $160 because "steel prices are really low right now". *****.

On the other hand, I think I did well with the RVR. Private sale, 2011, totally loaded, 108,000 km, AWD, panoramic roof, awesome sound system, new michelin tires (expensive ones) and discs/pads, all work done at dealer and up to date, only ever driven and sat in since new by beautiful hot 20-something Fijian girl so it looks mint and smells delicious. $13k.

Last edited by RalliartN; Jan 1, 2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Dear penthouse....lol

Not a bad deal at all. As for the jetta, that's pretty good, especially since the wrecker would pay roughly the same with a motor and tranny with it. I'd say you did good, and someone else got what they wanted.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

some people go crazy over the diesel stuff...

specially the hypermilers...

03 jetta tdi with 285xxxkm...
just went on kbb and it shows base options and assuming it's the lower trim model in fair condition, they it's worth a bit over $1.5k...
but since it met w/a tree I'd say $750 wasn't a bad deal at all...they get a engine/tranny and any other part they can use...and u get rid of the thing...lol

good job...also enjoy the Fijian girl.....

uhh....i mean Fijian girl's car...:P
Old Jan 2, 2016, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Hey, thanks for the feedback guys. Cheers!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
Hey everyone!

The 04-06 Ralliart section has been kind of slow lately so I figured we could start a general discussion thread to just shoot the crap and talk about anything really. Doesnt have to be RA related, or even about cars, it can be about anything you feel like posting about. Im sure you all know how General Discussion threads or Random Thought threads work. Just remember to keep it civil or this will probably get closed... all rules of EvoM apply so no talking about illegal racing, or posting videos of illegal racing activities, and all that... You know the rules. If you dont go read them in the link provided. Lanzer approved this thread for me a while back I just now got around to writing and posting it though.

I feel like this should have a longer intro or a goal or something... but I cant think of anymore to say or what a goal could be. We can talk about it in the thread! :P

So lets get this started.

Hello I would just like to add that I discovered how to almost remove those irritating scratches we get on our plastic lower dash parts(the leather look stuff ) in our lancers for yrs they were depressing to look at no cleaner liquids I used would remove them ,and then I discovered something - with an old soft nylon pan scrubbing pad I could almost buff them out, using a pad with warm soapy water ,yep with a vigorous buff they have almost gone BUT REMEMBER DO NOT USE A NEW PAD Under any circumstances or you will scratch the hell out of it THE OLDER The pad the better hope this helps guys -Ben
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:23 PM

The brakes on the RVR are somewhat underwhelming when going down steep hills while fully loaded. But i'm sure you'll enjoy that huge glass sunroof

On another note, I almost skidded into the curb today but thank goodness i was going slow enough to steer away. Conti DWS tires aren't made for frost :S

Quick Reply: 04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread