Notices

04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 0RBon
You should try Battlefield 4
Now days is cheap cuz theres a new version coming soon.

BTW

Which cable you guys recommend me for flashing a Lancer Ralliart 2006 ?
It's 2.4L USDM, also, I plan to make it turbo,
so it's OEM ECU Could tolerate this kind of remap/flash. ?
Open port 2.0, 1.3U or other cable ?
Preferred program ?
Evoscan, ECUFlash or other program ?
Other considerations I need to take care of,
or be aware of ?

Thanks in advance.
I have battlefield 4. Its just not my cup of tea i guess. I couldnt ever get into it.
I did just get Forza Horizon 3. So far I have bought the Evo V, VIII, and IX. :3

Cranswick has you pretty much covered.
Its been a long time since I checked but ECUflash was working on a way to flash the RA. They were having some frustration because the RA has a seperate connector, and the Eclipse with the same engine doesnt have that connector. Might check in with them or with Ottralliart and see if that has been corrected.

In fact I'll get ahold of Brent and ask him. He should know. I'll report back.

As for other considerations. Make sure your car is fully caught up on maintenance before going boosted. The additional strain of boost will only make any existing problems worse. Make sure your timing belt is in good shape, your fluid changes, your bushings and suspension, all that stuff will take more of a beating and cause you headaches down the road.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. I miss my Ralliart days and remember them fondly. The Miata is helping to fill the void a tad but doesn't have the grunt the 4G69 had.

If anyone has a OEM shift knob they want to part with PM me as I want to pick one up for my Miata. I always loved the shape of the OEM knob.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 05:47 PM

Let me see in my pile of parts if I have a spare @slc-ralliart. Just pay for shipping and it's yours. I'll let you know if I find it.

So I picked up another Ralliart today. It was really cheap due to reverse not engaging but the other mechanical side of things was great. New timing belt and water pump done 10k km ago, decent tires, aftermarket exhaust.

The body was rough due to it being primarily a highway driver in the interior of BC, no rust though surprisingly. Bumper and hood is badly chipped. My plan for it is learn how to fix the transmission and eventually sell it or pillage it for parts for my black Ralliart. I'll probably get a 5sp F5M42 tranny from the 2.0L model Lancer for the longer 5th gear.

Here's a pic!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
is it manual? and does 5th gear work?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:58 AM

@Cranswick, it's a manual and 5th gear does work. I tried the trick where you shift into 4th and then reverse, but no luck there. I can sort of shift into reverse but when I engage the clutch, reverse grinds and pops out.

For now, I parked it at my friend's house and I'm going to work on it after school is done.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jcmaz
@Cranswick, it's a manual and 5th gear does work. I tried the trick where you shift into 4th and then reverse, but no luck there. I can sort of shift into reverse but when I engage the clutch, reverse grinds and pops out.

For now, I parked it at my friend's house and I'm going to work on it after school is done.
4th and 5th are mechanically isolated, no trick will solve that, probably the dog gears on 5th and the sleeve are all chewed up, and I suspect the shift fork is about an 1/8" narrower than it should be...
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys! Anyone have a broken or bricked ECU sitting around? I have a little project I wanted to do but I only need the connector off of it. I was about to start hacking one of mine up. But then I realized it is a perfectly fine ECU and would be a waste to destroy it.

PM me if you have one your willing to let go of.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Hey guys! Anyone have a broken or bricked ECU sitting around? I have a little project I wanted to do but I only need the connector off of it. I was about to start hacking one of mine up. But then I realized it is a perfectly fine ECU and would be a waste to destroy it.

PM me if you have one your willing to let go of.
Is it plug and play?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

HAHA! Thats what Im hoping to achieve! :P
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Good news. The next version of the Haltech Elite software will support the 4G69!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good news. The next version of the Haltech Elite software will support the 4G69!
Tuning software?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

So, all it took was for one of us to A. get a job at haltech, and B. give a **** about the 4g69...hmm, seems so simple now, eh?

Good Stuff Josh...you're the man!!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Maf

So, besides decreasing boost, any suggestions as to what to do about pinning my MAF voltage so I can run 10+ psi?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller
So, besides decreasing boost, any suggestions as to what to do about pinning my MAF voltage so I can run 10+ psi?

try adding fuel enrichment by RPM after you max out your maf...this worked for me, as I don't really spend a lot of time above 3,500rpm if I'm not stepping on it...
Old Dec 19, 2016, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller
Tuning software?
Yea the software for the Haltech Elite series of ECUs. Wont work on the factory ECU.

Quick Reply: 04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread