Notices

04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006_RA
Put the straw on a WD-40 can and spray inside the key hole liberally. (10 seconds) This is for prevention, not fixing once frozen.
Thanks! I'll try that when I get home! I havent had to worry about it the last few days but it hasn't been as cold as it was either.

On a different note. Anyone else have friends that say they have a car that will "totally wreck your car in a straight/curvy road/race". But when you ask them to go to the track with you they always have some lame excuse not to go. I have a friend who continually does that. What is the point in bragging to me that your Mustang, your GFs Maxima, or your mom's Miata will beat me if you dont want to come to a track and prove it... LMAO I dont get it.

EDIT:: Im not claiming that my car would win or lose in any of these events. But I dont see the point in boasting if you arent willing to put you money where your mouth is. If you know what I mean.

Last edited by bakuro117; Dec 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
On a different note. Anyone else have friends that say they have a car that will "totally wreck your car in a straight/curvy road/race". But when you ask them to go to the track with you they always have some lame excuse not to go.
none of my friends are ricers...especially not in their mom's grand caravan...

I mostly get guys that approach me and ask about the car, i explain what i've done, and what the car has accomplished, and then they always try to "one-up" me...like "oh, yeah my '98 neon 1.8 has never been on the dyno, but it makes about 300hp, with a cold air intake..." one example...i could go on...and here, i am giving them the benefit of the doubt, and then wishing i had just ignored them....

my one buddy i work with has a 2012 STI with Cobb stage 1 tune and invidia cat back...he wants to run me (legit, on the track), i might get him on driving experience, but i woudn't bet money on it...

on yet another note, we've been flying humanitarian relief missions to the phillipines since november...and i made it out of Canada this time around...but the song "i'll be home for Christmas" might be a lie this year

P.S. the USAF has a some wicked gear... got to see the F-22, and global hawk etc...glad we're on the same side

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Dec 22, 2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
on yet another note, we've been flying humanitarian relief missions to the phillipines since november...and i made it out of Canada this time around...but the song "i'll be home for Christmas" might be a lie this year

P.S. the USAF has a some wicked gear... got to see the F-22, and global hawk etc...glad we're on the same side
nice to hear from you again brother! and i'm also glad to hear that you're a part of the relief missions to the philippines. i've been trying to do my best here at work to raise funds for the victims of typhoon haiyan and so far so good. thanks again my friend! be safe and hope to see you soon. take care!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

LOL I have a few one-uppers around here too. I met a bunch of guys from a local car forum, they all live about 2 hours away form me but we all went to hooters over the weekend. They are a good bunch of guys to be around. No BS, no oneupping, no false challenges. Just fun guys that actually know what they are talking about and actually go to tracks.

Well dude I hope by some turn of events you get to make it home for Christmas!

And I did 4 years of AFROTC so i spent a bit of time on USAF bases. They have some awesome gear! Ive got to see several types of jets and planes, rode in a dozen c-130's, got to sit in an apache, rode in a few tanks and APCs, got to play with some of that VR training gear, night vision goggles, all sorts of cool stuff. I miss those days now... hahaha
Old Dec 24, 2013, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Just wanted to tell everyone Merry Christmas!!! I hope you all have a good holiday. Be safe if your on the road!
Old Dec 24, 2013, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Merry Christmas my fellow Ralliart owners!!!!!
Old Dec 24, 2013, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

I'm back in Canada, got back yesterday, we had a plane break down in the Philipines, where we have no parts or equipment, and were delayed 12 hours, It could have been days if we had needed a part, but they were able to fix it, and bring her back..i'll post some pics...we had at least 18 hours of crew rest at each stop so my friend Ghislain and I (yeah, we got to fly together ) actually rented a car an drove around the island of Oahu. I guess our guys on the ground treated over 6000 patients or something...those are the real heroes. I just keep the airplane flying.

good car clubs, or groups are a good thing...a little **** talk, but no BS.

Merry Christmas eh! (y'all)

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Dec 24, 2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 08:13 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Merry Christmas peeps
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

I got a siberian husky for christmas!!!! Im so excited. I havent been able to stop looking up stuff about them all morning. Ive wanted one since I was a little kid. I have to wait till she is 7 weeks old before I can go get her though. The wait is going to kill me. hahahaha!!!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

they are a nice looking pooch...we almost got a husky for the kids this year, but want to wait till they're at least in highschool or college before it dies of old age, lol...j/k, by the time we decided, the pup we wanted was spoken for...we did a lot of shopping.

I got a Brother Laser Printer, and a new pair of shoes. don't know if you noticed how haggard my shoes were at the shootout, but there was a hole in the sole on my left foot, and my socks were always getting wet.

anyone get car stuff? I didn't...all my spring tune-up parts have been sitting in the kids' radio flyer in the garage since october
Old Dec 27, 2013, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had 2 Alaskan Malamutes, beautiful animals. Get a good vacuum! and I hope you are active as they are high energy dogs and need to be walked. Most are dumb but the lovable kind of dumb. Major thing remember they are pack dogs and dominance must be established early. There are many techniques I am sure you can google them but if you can find videos on how the "Alpha" is established you need to be the alpha male, you will see that it looks nasty but remember they are the closest relative to the Wolf. Both my Mals were the anchors to a sled team, BIG DOGS, the big one was 155lbs thats a lot of dog. We took them in after they were retired. Back to the vacuum part get a good one...LOL.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Ive been doing nothing but reading about them! haha! I seen a lot on establishing the 'Alpha' position in the house. Im really looking forward to getting her. I'll be setting up stuff for her in the mean time I guess lol.

LOL I need a new pair of work shoes for the same reason! both of them are split open on the bottom and get my feet wet on rainy days.

I mainly got money and gift cards to restaurants this year. I got a survival book from one of my grandma's. Its really cool, tells you how to live in about any natural environment, and in cities after everything has went south. Has a lot of other stuff in it as well cant wait to start reading it. GF's family got me some puppy stuff and a few movies.

No car parts this year though. :/ lol Got my brother going in on the Eclipse with me now since he is making good money being a welder! hahaha He told me anything I need to let him know. will do little bro! hahaha He is trying to convince me that I should start putting "Hollow Motorsports" on my cars to start up my own mini performance shop. lol I wish.

And I decided to stop thinking too much about turboing the RA and to just do it once I can drive the Eclipse. If stuff breaks I'll just fix it. LOL Im not going to waste all these turbo parts Ive collected now. Also going to give her some TLC while she's in the garage. Gunna take all the plastidip off, clean her up, vent the hood, carefully inspect everything, turbo it, look for anymore suspension mods, and a few other things.

Next year is looking fun so far!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

oh I forgot, I also got an 18 piece gearwrench ratcheting combination wrench set...there's been many times where I wished I had them, when a socket won't fit and you can only make 1/8 turns at a time...
Old Dec 27, 2013, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
there's been many times where I wished I had them, when a socket won't fit and you can only make 1/8 turns at a time...
Like with the rear motor mount? LMAO

EDIT:: Also just ordered a Tactrix Cable with all the adapters (just cause) with my Christmas money. YAY!!!!

Last edited by bakuro117; Dec 27, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Like with the rear motor mount? LMAO
exactly! and that rear mount bracket is one of the parts sitting in the little red wagon

EDIT:: Also just ordered a Tactrix Cable with all the adapters (just cause) with my Christmas money. YAY!!!!
You don't need the reflash adapter...but without it it, you need to splice some wiring.

Quick Reply: 04-06 Ralliartist General Discussion Thread