Notices

Part out Feeler

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Part out Feeler

Hey All,

Just as a feeler I may be parting out some of the choice bits off my 2005 Ralliart this summer. I just want to get an idea of interest in these parts, I haven't decided on prices yet but they will be reasonable as they have been used for just over a year, shipping costs if applicable will be the responsibilty of the buyer.

1. RRM Piggyback ECU (~$350 as new is 430)
2. RRM Timing Controller (~$275 as new is 370)
3. Injen CAI (~$150 as new is 300)
4. Stock Rims with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 205/55R16 (~$1500 as tires are brand new)

Hopefully you can help a fellow owner out.

Thanks,

Arctic

PS. I would have stuck this in the classifieds but it said I had to have 15 posts or something before I could post there.

Last edited by ArcticThunder; Apr 24, 2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thread would be better if the topic was Joke of the day !
Old Apr 24, 2014, 09:48 AM

In case it wasn't clear I was only trying to get an idea of interest on parts for 04-06 Ralliarts that I no longer need (and to help finance a vacation) and anything that I eventually wind up discussing with another member or potential buyer is negotiable to get to a "Best Offer" anyway. The parts are all in good shape and only a year old with the expection of tires which are brand new, none of the parts have been abused in any fashion. The electronics have not been discounted as much simply because they are not a wearable part. For any people looking for N/A upgrades these will give you some good added performance.

@2006 RA - If you aren't interested that's cool, not everyone is looking to mod their car, but unless you have some constructive feedback or advice on other places or people that might be looking for Ralliart upgrades for our vintage of vehicle please keep your unproductive comments to yourself. Thank you.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006_RA
Thread would be better if the topic was Joke of the day !
Originally Posted by ArcticThunder
In case it wasn't clear I was only trying to get an idea of interest on parts for 04-06 Ralliarts that I no longer need (and to help finance a vacation) and anything that I eventually wind up discussing with another member or potential buyer is negotiable to get to a "Best Offer" anyway. The parts are all in good shape and only a year old with the expection of tires which are brand new, none of the parts have been abused in any fashion. The electronics have not been discounted as much simply because they are not a wearable part. For any people looking for N/A upgrades these will give you some good added performance.

@2006 RA - If you aren't interested that's cool, not everyone is looking to mod their car, but unless you have some constructive feedback or advice on other places or people that might be looking for Ralliart upgrades for our vintage of vehicle please keep your unproductive comments to yourself. Thank you.
LOL! too funny...i think he may be referring to the price you're asking for the piggyback and timing module. You''re obviously a new member and may not know, but we now have the capability to reflash the stock ECU and edit fuel and ignition timing maps, datalog,and much more (modify injector flow rate and latency, scale MAF, increase rev limit, modify mivec engagement parameters, add and modify 2-step launch control etc.) and the best part is, the ECU doesn't try to correct the changes, because you've re-written the firmware. Anyway we can do all that from a laptop for less than what you're asking for the two piggy back modules. Anyway, you could just post in this thread 15 times, and make a proper for sale thread...or get involved in some discussion...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fine, let me spell it out for you Artic.

RRM piggyback, enough said. LOL!

You say it's a feeler thread, feeling for what a sucker ?
You say you want to help out, help who ?
E.g. $1 500 plus shipping for old rims and you say new tyres !!!
Ever heard of tirerack.com or 1010tires.com, see what NEW rims and tires cost buddy ?
Now since yours are USED, check Kijiji to see what USED rims and tyres sell for. Then if you can be be objective, by the time you stop laughing you will update this thread with the NEXT joke of the day !
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:45 AM

@ Cranswick - Thx Crans, I didnt realize there was a new way for us to reflash that stuff, obviously I should have checked that out last year before purchasing the ECU and what not. It's something I will have to look into for sure, especially if it does a better job than the RRM stuff.

@2006 RA - Wow you must really be hurting for attention today so again, I don't really get what your problem is, the reason I assume these forums exist is to help people out or simply to gain information. And maybe your comments are completely valid that what I am thinking around prices or new tech are out to lunch but there is no reason to be a douche to a new member who may be a newb at some of this stuff, clearly being a classy individual is lost on someone like you. The new tires were 1500 brand new, if you know anything about nokians they are expensive *** tires (at least in my neck of the woods and were not available at the time on 1010 or tirerack), so you are pretty much getting the stock rims for free, but who cares I am not looking to argue. No one ever said you had to buy any of this stuff or provide your clever anecdotes on my poor understanding of pricing or the current market for these cars or car parts, instead you choose to be a troll on someone else's post who is only looking for some constructive feedback from other members, your attitude wouldn't seem to line up with the intentions of this forum and the only thing I have found comical so far is the way you conduct yourself good sir.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
With all due respect, divide your asking prices by two and offer to negotiate shipping and you might get a nibble or two... most of us who've sold car stuff take a real beating but thats the nature of the beast. That's probably why 2006_RA is annoyed at his time being wasted reading this.

Heck, Cranswick bought an unused $1100 limited slip diff from a fellow Ralliartist for what, $300? And I've got a pair of uninstalled unpainted shipping-damaged-but-salvagable Accolade fenders on offer for a decent bottle of rye. Its a tough economy now too...

Last edited by RalliartN; Apr 24, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
the diff was $350, and the ACT stage 1 was $150...lol

anyway, yeah I can't find much on pricing for those tires, but the look like winter tires? I paid $800 for my Dunlop ZII's, and I certainly wouldn't pay anywhere near that for winter tires.

I do need new winter wheels though I was thinking of getting some 15" steelies to save on tire cost.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ArcticThunder
Hey All,

Just as a feeler I may be parting out some of the choice bits off my 2005 Ralliart this summer. I just want to get an idea of interest in these parts, I haven't decided on prices yet but they will be reasonable as they have been used for just over a year, shipping costs if applicable will be the responsibilty of the buyer.

1. RRM Piggyback ECU (~$350 as new is 430)
2. RRM Timing Controller (~$275 as new is 370)
3. Injen CAI (~$150 as new is 300)
4. Stock Rims with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 205/55R16 (~$1500 as tires are brand new)

Hopefully you can help a fellow owner out.

Thanks,

Arctic

PS. I would have stuck this in the classifieds but it said I had to have 15 posts or something before I could post there.
Where are you located?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 02:28 PM

Calgary, AB, Canada

Send me a PM to discuss anything further.