Notices

Tuning and Emissions Testing, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tuning and Emissions Testing, Canada

Hey guys, been lurking for a while ever since I got my 06' Sportback Ralliart two years ago and I really appreciate all the stuff you guys have discussed on this forum, but I've got a question about those of you who have gone forced induction, or had your engine reflashed/tuned, specifically if you're from Canada

I was wondering how you guys dealt with emissions testing and regulations after you've gotten tuned or gone forced induction? Is it easily reversible for testing time or could you not drive on the streets anymore and could only track it?
I've seen quite a few Ontario plates on here and I'm from Ontario myself so I was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I'm just looking to see what options I have for breathing some new life into my engine and looking for a project.

On a semi-unrelated note here's my baby

Old Aug 21, 2018, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
I tune with fastworks, as long as the monitors show ready it will pass...
The following users liked this post:
mbsuity (Aug 21, 2018)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 05:29 PM

Alright great, thanks
If I may ask, how does that work exactly now? Does hackish still support fastworks and Ralliarts or do you do all the tuning yourself?

It might be stupid question but I don't know much when it comes to tuning in general so thanks
Old Aug 22, 2018, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Hackish still supports it, and I have my original dyno tunes, but I still do some tweaking on my own here and there...car needs a lot of work before I can start racing it again, right now I just need a car to get to work...
Old Sep 13, 2018, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever you do....do not remove the cats. Police in Ontario and the dirty air natzies are really starting to clamp down. If you are close to Ottawa or If you are in TO area on my next trip to the GTA we can get ya tuned.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
Whatever you do....do not remove the cats. Police in Ontario and the dirty air natzies are really starting to clamp down. If you are close to Ottawa or If you are in TO area on my next trip to the GTA we can get ya tuned.
Oh. hey Brent...long time.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by OttRalliart05
haha, thanks for the heads up!

Ottawa is a bit of a drive for me because I'm near TO, and its probably not worth it right now for my entirely stock engine i'll be sure to give you a call once I figure things out
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:44 PM

Well apparently I don't have to worry about this anymore, as they're scrapping the emissions testing program for Ontario in April 2019

but thanks for all the help anyways guys!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mbsuity
Well apparently I don't have to worry about this anymore, as they're scrapping the emissions testing program for Ontario in April 2019

but thanks for all the help anyways guys!
thank your conservative government.