Notices

Well, Time to say goodbye I guess...

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and besides... if you have good credit.. they'll treat you like a king/queen...
Old May 12, 2004, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think that's a very healty attitude. Just because you encounter a couple stumbling blocks your gonna roll over and play dead? What happened to being dilligent and really trying to get what you want, rather than what is easy. So you dealt with two crappy dealers; there are ton of them out there. Chances are you may have to deal with two or three more, even drive some distance or shop online, to get what you truly want.

I think the intent of the email was to say he's not comming back to this site at all, so this post is probably a waste of time, but I had to say it. I can't stand when people get walked on, and I can't stand the people that walk on other people. But letting people walk all over you is the worst of all. Stand up and be a man about it. Dealer tries to hold my keys hostage and we're gonna have a HUGE problem. Don't like the deal or salesman, walk out. But don't whine about it and give up. I don't think you really wanted that car in the first place, or you wouldn't have gone to Saturn first.

Good bye.
Old May 12, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Satori
Where are you guys finding these looser Mitsu dealers?!

My Mitsu dealer is crappy too... but I didn't give them much choice! I wanted the RalliArt and got one! I gave the impression I might be interested by the price the salesman gave me on my first visit... then negociated the crap out of them on the second, after saying I was there to buy a car that same day. I didn't get a super price, just a fair price... but got them to throw in free maintenance for 48 months, lock nuts for the wheels, got 1500$ more for my trade-in than what was offered on my first visit and also a credit of 100$ on my purchase of performance tires.

I still think that these guys are loosers and that the service is crappy... but hey, I'll have to deal with those guys only once or twice a year! The rest of the time, I get to enjoy the car I chose and love! End of story.

[and he lived happy for the next 5 years... well maybe 4... unless I get a raise in 3...]

_
Old May 12, 2004, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by siantjab
I don't think that's a very healty attitude. Just because you encounter a couple stumbling blocks your gonna roll over and play dead? What happened to being dilligent and really trying to get what you want, rather than what is easy. So you dealt with two crappy dealers; there are ton of them out there. Chances are you may have to deal with two or three more, even drive some distance or shop online, to get what you truly want.

I think the intent of the email was to say he's not comming back to this site at all, so this post is probably a waste of time, but I had to say it. I can't stand when people get walked on, and I can't stand the people that walk on other people. But letting people walk all over you is the worst of all. Stand up and be a man about it. Dealer tries to hold my keys hostage and we're gonna have a HUGE problem. Don't like the deal or salesman, walk out. But don't whine about it and give up. I don't think you really wanted that car in the first place, or you wouldn't have gone to Saturn first.

Good bye.
I cannot agree more. You have to stand out for what you want... I hate loosers, so I do all I can not to be one! (no offence to anyone)

_
Old May 12, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

I no longer go to dealerships. I am a member at a local credit union that offers a service called Auto Source.
Basically, they do all the negotiating, organize the test-drives and do the financing. All at no extra cost. You will get the car at invoice with any rebates (and if you're eligible loyality discounts). We got my wife a 2004 Civic LX for about $14,600 with no money down.
Sucky dealerships REALLY do ruin it for everyone, icluding the honest dealers out there.
Old May 12, 2004, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by siantjab

Good bye.

It's not a matter of rolling over and dying...it's a matter of "if you want my business, treat me right"...I went to both dealer's in town and in the end got treated the same....

I never went to saturn first...I went to them last...the reason for my current one is b/c my first car's transmission began dying, and fast, and I needed something to get me through school...and at the time I'd never looked at Mitsu's b/c I hated the old grills(2003 and pervious) and hadn't seen the 04's....

and why drive 2 hrs to the next nearest dealer to have probably the same experience? when for the same money I can get just as much car(plus leather if I want it) in the mazda 3?...

and no offense, but thanx to the one mitsu commerical I keep seeing the RA looks borderline rice to me...which has majorly turned me off...yeah, it's a nice car, yeah it's a fast car, yeah it handles good...so does the mazda...

on the other side of it all though, my gf might just keep the saturn and I might try to dig up another Merkur for about $3500, and that's a car that's faster, just as nice, and brings much more appeal to me...

I'm not knocking your car by any means...just saying tah to me, customer service is important in a deal, and for me, mitsu blew their sale completely...
Old May 12, 2004, 08:55 PM
EJM

I ran into a good salesman at our dealer. The dealership sucks and my second choice was the Mazda Sport. The Mazda dealer here is hands down the best in town. I just couldn't get by the lights on the sports dash and I really like the feel and looks of my Yellow RA.

Bottom line is I did my own research, worked price, trade-in and financing all separately and got the deal I wanted. I will get my service work done at a buddies place where I don't have to keep one hand over my rear.

Regards all
Old May 12, 2004, 09:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey Knobin~ how much did you owe on the saturn and what is it worth?

A friend of mine after going for a Mazda3 got treated like crap at a Mazda dealership...no dealership is perfect. Don't think every Mitsu dealership is flawed.

The biggest thing you need to know is that YOU NEED TO ALWAYS BE IN CONTROL when your buying a car. Don't let them have you test drive an inferior car, ALWAYS BE IN CONTROL.
Old May 13, 2004, 12:53 AM
EJM

Excellant point Joe. As I mentioned in an earliar post, know what your trade-in is worth, what the invoice is and what rebates or finance deals are available. The first thing a dealer wants to do is sell you on a particular car, than he has control. If you let him know what payment you can afford, he'll tailor that to his advantage.

If the manufactor has rate incentives on a lease he can make it look real attractive and still get a large gross. You have to do your homework to keep control. Never combine everything into a payment without working it out prior to going into the business office. When you are in there watch out for addons. An extended 5 year warranty when you already have 5 year powertrian and 3 years bumper to bumper is not worth very much.

Permashines, undercoating etc are also very questionable as well as life and disabillity. They can sell you a car at cost and make a very healthy profit with just a couple of these.

Regards
Old May 15, 2004, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

I know/knew beforehand, the value of my trade, and how much I was going to be losing...as far as those numbers went, every dealer I went to was consistant in what they "offered" for a trade, roughly $8000, the problem I had with Southside mitsu(the second dealer), was that they told us they would give us $9500, and then they try to give us only $3500...as well, when we went into the finance office we got harrassed for 5 minutes by the finance guy, when before we sat down in there we were sold on the car...

I know that not every dealership is gonna be like that...and I'm sure that there are ppl here in edmonton that have dealt with either of these dealers and had wonderful experiences. Mine however wasn't fun, and although Mazda didn't seem to want to work too hard to gain my business, they did tell it to me honestly, and the math worked out to what I wanted, and to what they were saying...

either way, I'm not sure what I'm doing...got some leads on some solid used cars for good prices ($3-5000), so I might just save myself some $$ and do that...or I might head back to Mazda later...but I won't be going back to mitsu is all, b/c I refuse to deal with these 2 dealers, and don't feel so one-sided for the RA as to drive a few hours to next closest one and try to work something out...

Enjoy your RA...
Old May 18, 2004, 11:41 PM

I first looked at a Ralliart at southside in edmonton......I agree with khobin, they are not a very good dealership. They ended up yelling and arguing so I went to Platinum in calgary. And as siantjab pointed out they arent all bad dealers..... Platinum did everything for me, even beat the price in edmonton by $1000, no problems at all!

It pays to shop around.
Old May 19, 2004, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

i yelled at my sales guy for using the stupid "monthly payment" scheme.. i said what is the bottom line price.. i don't care about payments you chimp

-joe
Old May 19, 2004, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Yep, mine tried the same trick...