Notices

RRM CAI installed

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2004, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just got back from the dyno and came out with 149.3 whp at 5750 rpm and 148 lb/tq. at 4100 rpm. not that big of a gain, which i'm a little dissappointed in, but some is better then none i guess. if my scanner will work i'll try to scan the sheet later tonite. i guess my next upgrade will be the piggyback from rrm or maybe i'll just wait til their turbo comes out
Old May 18, 2004, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

You need to read the whole graph compared to baseline run. Don't just look at the peak HP gain. Look at the curve in the mid to mid-high RPM range in torque and HP instead. There should be a better gain in that area. The curves should show a larger separation between the baseline and post-mod dyno numbers.

If you don't have a baseline, then compare it to Rock's dyno chart, or someone that did a baseline in similar conditions. You should be able to compare the two and get a basic idea of how much more the exhaust and ECU gain over the CAI alone, and the CAI over stock.

Long to short, 3500 rpm comared to stock should be @8 hp gain, 4500rpm should be @ 12hp gain, at hp peak, that is where you are only seeing the small gain of @4 hp.

On my GF's OZ, thats where the ole butt dyno noticed the most gain....

Post the graph and let us take a peek at it. I bet its around 9-12 HP gain at the highest point of separation.

Old May 18, 2004, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by coote
i just got back from the dyno and came out with 149.3 whp at 5750 rpm and 148 lb/tq. at 4100 rpm. not that big of a gain, which i'm a little dissappointed in, but some is better then none i guess. if my scanner will work i'll try to scan the sheet later tonite. i guess my next upgrade will be the piggyback from rrm or maybe i'll just wait til their turbo comes out
That's what I was expecting..Mine dynoed 148whp with my Homemade CAI. third gear pull on a Dynojet dyno 12pm with direct sun and 88-90 degrees.. It did 142whp stock dyno. With a titanium axle back muffler I was able to hit 150.3whp. Did you dynoed your car when it was stock too..? In what gear you dynoed..?

BRGDS
T-rush
Old May 18, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

ok here's the sheet. i never had it dyno'd when it was stock, like i should have. and we did it in 4th gear. the weather was crappy...high 70's, very humid, and pouring down rain. i don't know whether or not that made a differnce, but at least there was some gain...i'm happy about that at least.
Attached Thumbnails RRM CAI installed-ralliart_dyno.jpg  
Old May 18, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
and rrm told us it should gain somewhere 10 hp??? guess we are at 140 for baseline then
Old May 18, 2004, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

Well guys, and contrary to popular belief, it seems I was the closest... This being said, I think this mod is worth it nonetheless.

Sorry coote, I know this was not what you where hoping for... but at least, like PDX said, you've got more power at lower revs too. This must be worth it... and remember you where very pleased with your mod before the dyno test, so you shouldn't rely on the chart alone to determine if you like what you did to your car or not. The most important thing is the feel you get from the car afterwards...

Keep us posted on future mods my man!

Peace!
Old May 18, 2004, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to see a dyno after some exhaust work, also. Its a low-level mod but required. I never like to expect much from JUST an intake. You can only suck as hard as you can blow (although im not suggesting anyone here sucks or blows)

Anyway, that about par for what we can tell. Without a baseline, it is hard. I think the baseline we are assuming is a best-bet for stock, we gains may be more. Eitherway, it will complament all (or at least most) other mods further down the road.

Thx for the reports!
Old May 18, 2004, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

although the gains weren't quite what i had hoped for i'm still very happy with the CAI from RRM. i can feel the difference when i'm driving and like i said before it sounds awesome. i guess overall i'm happy, and i definitely have no regrets at all. i think it was well worth what i paid for it. anyway, there's more mods to come and more dyno time to come with those mods. i'll keep you guys updated as i do them.