20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

RRM or Unlimated-Racing exhaughst

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2004, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM or Unlimated-Racing exhaughst

Ok i have been looking for an exhaughst for mt RA. I know that the RRM and Unlimated Racing axle back and cat back are good. But in the exhaughst i want i want it to me deep and but on the louder side. I know some people have said that the RRM axle back is deep and sounds good but it only sorta loud. Does anyone know ab out the Unlimated racing cat back and how the to compare with eachotehr in deepness of the sound and how loud they both are? Thanks guys
Old Jun 1, 2004, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Well it looks like you got alot of RRM stuff, I would personaly still with them, and if you got the ecu and its been tuned for there products thats a bonus, im sure you wouldn't see much of a difference with the UR. But might aswell still to one brand, you know the'll all fit and work properly together.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

thats true just tryin to see the differences in both thats all, Thanks alot
Old Jun 1, 2004, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

I would stick with RRM then at least you get a magnalfow muffler who knows what the ultimate racing muffler is made by. RRM is probably cheaper to.

If the axle back from RRM is anything like the other magnaflow mufflers it should be a pretty good sounding exhaust.

I still wish HKS was making an exhaust for the RA
Old Jun 1, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

hell yeah hks or greddy exhaust would be awsome for the RA but no one wants to be the pioneers here and make somthin, if they did everyone would buy it i know i would
Old Jun 2, 2004, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

UR muffler is magnaflow also and i saw it in person.. it looks pretty good

-joe
Old Jun 2, 2004, 06:38 AM

if RRM and UR are both using Magnaflow mufflers, there will not be too much difference in sound...unless they are using two completely different lines or styles of Magnaflow mufflers. Maybe drop them a line and see what part number of the mufflers they are using. They probably won't tell you...but it is worth a shot.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Get the RRM, you will like it. It is what I have and I am more than happy with it. I am sure the UR catback is nice but the stock piping on the RA is sufficient enough for the time being so unless you wanna spend extra money on stuff that really isnt going to help out that much, go for the UR catback, otherwise go for the RRM, you will love it
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Moving to RA Engine.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Andrew, I have the UR Stage 1 package on my car. So as far as the exhaust goes, I LOVE IT!! I don't find it loud at all, just nice and deep. Also, I notice a pretty good gain in top end power w/ it. Hope that helps ya. If you have any other questions about it ask dude.

Mark
Old Jun 16, 2004, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

honestly dude. a muffler is a muffler just get a straight through muffler not a baffled one and you'll be fine. you aren't goin to fell any gains between them so its all about style and sound. good luck man.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Well i went with the RRM axle back, i sorta ordered it before the poles and everythign started, my bad guys. Tahnks for the opinions thoe. I think both are good exhausts but i for the RRM and i like it, oh and get the ECU guys i just put it in like 300 miles ago on ym car and i love it with the ECU the RRM CAI and axle back ther are great gains.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
since this thread was revived via votes but no one said anything, it might help to point out that UR dropped their prices a tad ($490). VRS offers one too (thanks to me for being so wickedly awsome). See here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=128006

and as far as the entire (ancient) 'its only a muffler, it doesnt matter' commend, no its not only a muffler. the rrm one is only a muffler. the catbacks are much more. the UR, ES and VRS catbacks are all 2.5". More flow than the stock 2.25", which is why there are gains up high. Not a good idea to go 2.5" in the downpipe, though, unless you are breaking the 200WHP barier or you will lose too much bottom end and will prob have other problems as well. 2.25" on the downpipe (thats still .1" bigger than stock) unless ur an exteem NA guys (with parts that dont exist yet) or you are boosting.

go thread revival!