Notices

Lancershop.com Short-shifter kit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2004, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question on the bushings install: The stock bushings are connected to the line pin /w a bolt, then the boot covers the pin. The bushings they provide done seem to attach to the pin anywhere. Unless thats what the C shapped washer-ish part does, but I dont see how. How did you guys get this in? I see the stock looking like this:

...................-|-- pin
....boot....----|---- brass washer
/\/\/\/\/....==|== rubber 'washer'
---------|=|__|__| bushing
/\/\/\/\/ /|\
. . . . . .. |
. . . . . . nut

anyone? (sorry, my ascii skills are teh sux. ignore the .'s, the DB filters excess whitespace)

thanks!

Last edited by blk-majik; Oct 8, 2004 at 07:41 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 08:52 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm kinda confused (such as, where are you seeing a bolt??), but I'll do my best to explain.

Actually, nevermind. Check out the how-to section and there's a write-up, with pictures, on just how these bushings go in. All will become clear. If you're still having problems, post and I'll try to be of more help.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

ahh, didnt know we had a howto. checking now .thx!
Old Oct 8, 2004, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

i was talking about the line bushings, not shifter bushings. ANyway, I got them both in. I didnt relized that the bushing was in the brass ring =) The fact that I did it at night /w little light didnt help. ANywy, just took it for a test, minus the short shifter. The bushings made shifting a lot more crisp, although it seems to have more resitance. I'll grease everything up when I put the short shifter in. that should take care of it.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 01:22 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, everything was really stiff when I first put it together, but after a few days of use it loosened up nicely.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bushing slips in place of the old one.....the large "C-clip" goes on the bottom of the bushing when you have it in place....then you use the cotter pin on the top to hold it in place
Old May 28, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gotta give my props to the lancershop short shifter kit. I love this new shifter. I never thought that an inch or two could make that much of a difference, but it does. Only thing, I'm waiting for is the shifter bushings. I installed the under hood ones though. I wish the shifter came with a counter weight already on it like our stock shifter has. The shifting takes a little more effort but the counter weight knob makes up for it. The stock knob works fine but it feels a hell of a lot better with the included counter weight knob. I'm not really feeling that shiny knob, but I have a feeling it will grow on me.

Last edited by bigdoggy_dog; May 28, 2005 at 10:51 AM.