Notices

Whiteline 18mm Rear Swaybar BMR79

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
oh yeah, well, we should still fab up some beefy ones, and i'll buy the new stockers from you or i'll get a set, cause i still haven't put the OEM bar on my ES...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She's a beauty. (:
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
oh yeah, well, we should still fab up some beefy ones, and i'll buy the new stockers from you or i'll get a set, cause i still haven't put the OEM bar on my ES...
I'll send you mine I have no use for them you'll just have to pay for shipping if your ok with that. I'm pretty sure they don't have rust on them
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

PM me, thanks...
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Hey Crans, or anyone else with the Whiteline sway bar for that matter.
Are you getting a tapping in the rear when you go over bumps, potholes, or simply rough patches in the road at low speed? Maybe its a combination of the Teins and the bar, or something. But I've had a metal tapping ever since I installed mine. I assumed it was the bar hitting the bottom of the trunk well but Im not so sure anymore. Was curious if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.
Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

nope, have you inspected the mounting brackets (perches) and endlinks? make sure nothing's broken...
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing is broken that I can see. I've lifted it up a few times To take a look and nothing looks out of place. I got no idea what it could be. Its been doing it ever since I put it in and I thought it was getting worse. But I second guessed myself because I recently changed my route to work and there seems to be more bumps. I'm not so sure now though...

Edit - I've even had it to the tire shop for alignment and such and they noticed nothing amiss.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Check if the bar is touching any of the exhaust mounts, it happens with the Progress bar randomly.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have the whiteline, never any sounds like that, I run swift lowering springs.

Crawl under, look for rubbing/contact between parts, sometimes shows up as shiny metal where parts touch. Else, something is cracked/broken and is flexing.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:24 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006_RA
Check if the bar is touching any of the exhaust mounts, it happens with the Progress bar randomly.
Now that you mention that, I think it could be a possibility. I have RRMs magnaflow axle back exhaust and one of the supports used to hit the bar during aggressive turns or bumps. I fixed it by installing a ss hose clamp over the rubber supports and just tightened it down. That was in 2005 , no problems since.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
I fixed it by installing a ss hose clamp over the rubber supports and just tightened it down.
EXACT same thing I did albeit in 2008, but nevertheless...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
man those end links are almost brand new...i don't think you guys understand how much salt they put on the highways up here....the perches are a concern, i'm working on it...

yeah, search the part number like kapitol says....if you search Whiteline's official website, the bar comes up, but on some of their web dealers, it doesn't...

the inner bushings are sitting on top of my dresser pending fitment confirmation...

Here's some pics with the 8mm spacers...doesn't make much difference in the rear, but noticeable up front...I will eventually go wider, but i'll be looking at some large spacers with longer studs...
just weld some metal to the oem purches and vht paint them blakc be mint, or weld them and metal direct to the car but then u can remove them anymore not sure if thats a concer, where did u get the sway bar ive been thinking about gettign a whitline or eibach set for my RA
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

i purchased mine from www.whitelinesuspensionparts.com
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
damn... so for new brackets, bushings and endlinks... it comes out to like $93 shipped from mitsubishiparts.net then still factoring in the price of the bar itself... i'd be looking at around $273 for the price of everything.

not bad considering RRMs progress bar with everything shipped was roughly almost $300 but they dont sell it anymore for some reason

EDIT: SWEET! called the local car shop who is a distributor for whiteline and they get it for like $20 cheaper than the website. definitely going to pick this up soon

Last edited by Raikiri; Feb 20, 2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

I noticed those endlinks on mitsuparts.net were kinda pricey check an auto zone or somewhere and see if they arent cheaper. im pretty sure that i remember mine only costing half the price that website shows...

Quick Reply: Whiteline 18mm Rear Swaybar BMR79